The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Decorations- both "sides" of resorts? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3018182)

Raenstoirm 11-06-2012 01:14 PM

Decorations- both "sides" of resorts?
 
When we do or resort tour next month, is it worth is go to the DVC "side" of the resorts for decorations? (BLT, WLV, AKLV). Or is the big stuff only in the main lobbies?

Also, we plan on visiting AKL, WL, 5 Epcots, and 3 monorails. (We are staying 3 nights at Coronado and 4 at BC). Are any of the others worth traveling to for their decorations?

Sammie 11-06-2012 02:03 PM

It is mainly the lobby areas. There will be some decorations in the DVC public areas, the Beach Club Villas were the nicest in my opinion but nothing I would make a trip to see.

Raenstoirm 11-06-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sammie (Post 46644528)
It is mainly the lobby areas. There will be some decorations in the DVC public areas, the Beach Club Villas were the nicest in my opinion but nothing I would make a trip to see.

That's kinda what I figured. Good to know! :thumbsup2

matheke 11-06-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raenstoirm (Post 46644053)
When we do or resort tour next month, is it worth is go to the DVC "side" of the resorts for decorations? (BLT, WLV, AKLV). Or is the big stuff only in the main lobbies?

Also, we plan on visiting AKL, WL, 5 Epcots, and 3 monorails. (We are staying 3 nights at Coronado and 4 at BC). Are any of the others worth traveling to for their decorations?

The DVC side of resorts use the main resorts lobby, restaurants, etc. so I don't think there is much of anything to see. We stayed at BCV one year and they had a tree in the atrium area but it was not really anything special.

While each resort has there own unique theming, (Trees, Garland, Etc.) you will get an idea of what the moderates are like at Coranado when you are there.

SSR and OKW are nice but I wouldn't go out of the way to visit them.

marlogood 11-06-2012 02:42 PM

I would definitely do the Boardwalk Inns/Villas...the lobby is beautiful and there is also a tree outside in the courtyard by the boardwalk.

OKW Lover 11-06-2012 04:49 PM

Check out the lobby at VWL as well as the main WL lobby. While the VWL lobby doesn't compare in size, its well decorated.

elaw 11-06-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 46646174)
Check out the lobby at VWL as well as the main WL lobby. While the VWL lobby doesn't compare in size, its well decorated.

The VWL were very nice and IMO worth visiting.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...p/5724882c.jpg

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/...p/e18fff6b.jpg


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.