The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   When to book... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3018171)

pheathers24 11-06-2012 12:02 PM

When to book...
 
We have decided to go to Disney World and stay at AoA Oct 12th - 19th 2013. YAY!!! The question now is whether or not to go ahead and book even though there aren't any discounts or wait a couple of months and see. Another question I have is this: we plan to stay in a Family Suite and there will for sure be 4 of us going, but possibly one more, should we just book for 4 people and then add one later or vice versa, or can you even change a reservation like that. Any and all help will be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

I Love Pluto 11-06-2012 12:14 PM

1 - Book now. You can follow the discounts, and they will apply them if you ask. You just have to follow when the discounts come out, then call.

2 - Book for 4. Add the 5th person later.


I have done both of these. You will find it rather easy to deal with the Disney reservation CMs. I am impressed with them. :thumbsup2

Raenstoirm 11-06-2012 12:20 PM

If you are going, regardless of any discount, book now. You can always change it when/if a discount comes out. And unlike the poster above me, I would say book for 5 and make sure to cancel that extra person before the 45 day mark (so you dont get stuck paying extra). It is very unlikely, but on the off chance the resort fills up, they may not allow you to book another person because of fire codes. (This would be a worst case scenario, but it can happen. It does happen quite a bit on cruise ships where there is limited space and stricter fire codes.)

Mousemommy1 11-06-2012 01:27 PM

I book as soon as I know my dates. Usually 9-15 months out, because we usually book right after coming home from a trip for the following year.

I book a resort based on our budget and then figure out what it will cost on a monthly basis to pay off the room or package and then proceed to work that into my monthly budget to have it paid off before getting there.

If a discount comes out, I will call to have said discount applied. Disney will simply process a refund to you if it is owed. :thumbsup2

aaarcher86 11-06-2012 03:53 PM

I'd book now, for 4 and add the 5th later. If you happen to get into the 45 day marker, adding and boosting your price won't garner you a fee but bringing down your price will.

Book who know.

As far as fire codes and adding someone - that would be the reason they have limitations on the room. Even if they filled every room to capacity they'd be within fire code, so that wouldn't make a difference :confused3

I Love Pluto 11-06-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raenstoirm (Post 46644110)
If you are going, regardless of any discount, book now. You can always change it when/if a discount comes out. And unlike the poster above me, I would say book for 5 and make sure to cancel that extra person before the 45 day mark (so you dont get stuck paying extra). It is very unlikely, but on the off chance the resort fills up, they may not allow you to book another person because of fire codes. (This would be a worst case scenario, but it can happen. It does happen quite a bit on cruise ships where there is limited space and stricter fire codes.)


Family Suites accommodate 6.

Dizzytime 11-06-2012 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pheathers24 (Post 46643936)
We have decided to go to Disney World and stay at AoA Oct 12th - 19th 2013. YAY!!! The question now is whether or not to go ahead and book even though there aren't any discounts or wait a couple of months and see. Another question I have is this: we plan to stay in a Family Suite and there will for sure be 4 of us going, but possibly one more, should we just book for 4 people and then add one later or vice versa, or can you even change a reservation like that. Any and all help will be appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

Just wanted to add that I was able to get a AAA discount for our December 2013 trip B/C res when I booked two months ago. We always book ahead with whatever we can get, then look to improve if possible as the fun gets closer! :goodvibes

pheathers24 11-06-2012 10:27 PM

Thanks for all the great replies! I think we will go ahead and book now for 4.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.