The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How soon off the ship in Barcelona? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3017727)

Kewz1 11-05-2012 02:40 PM

How soon off the ship in Barcelona?

We are doing the TA cruise in May 2013.

The "guest ashore" time for Barcelona (end of cruise) is 7am. What is a good time to arrange for our private tour?

I will be traveling with my mom who has limited mobility issues and a 6 month old baby. I'd prefer not to have to rush but I understand the need to exit the ship.

Just trying to get an idea how fast (or slow) we have to/can move.

Thanks!

Kristen

kcashner 11-05-2012 02:43 PM

It is really up to you. I'd plan on breakfast on the ship and a leisurely exit.

Also, are you talking about disembarkation day? I'm asking because on our transAtlantic, we got into Barcelona a day early and actually spent a day docked--we could do excursions, etc.

Kewz1 11-05-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner (Post 46635648)
It is really up to you. I'd plan on breakfast on the ship and a leisurely exit.

Also, are you talking about disembarkation day? I'm asking because on our transAtlantic, we got into Barcelona a day early and actually spent a day docked--we could do excursions, etc.

I didn't explain that very well -- yes, I do mean disembarkation day.

Kristen

kcashner 11-05-2012 06:19 PM

OK, on disembarkation day your scheduled breakfast seating is based on your dinner seating, but everyone is asked to be off the ship by 9. If you don't like your breakfast time, you can eat in Topsiders. There is the usual rush in the terminal about 9, but that won't affect you because you have your own transportation. I'd probably schedule my pick up at 9 and plan to be getting off the ship about 8:30.

In both of our TA experiences the ship was nowhere near full and the terminal experience was excellent. They also has a special disembarkation for people with early flights (before 10 am), so those guests were gone.

Kewz1 11-05-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcashner (Post 46637511)
OK, on disembarkation day your scheduled breakfast seating is based on your dinner seating, but everyone is asked to be off the ship by 9. If you don't like your breakfast time, you can eat in Topsiders. There is the usual rush in the terminal about 9, but that won't affect you because you have your own transportation. I'd probably schedule my pick up at 9 and plan to be getting off the ship about 8:30.

In both of our TA experiences the ship was nowhere near full and the terminal experience was excellent. They also has a special disembarkation for people with early flights (before 10 am), so those guests were gone.

Thank you! I appreciate you taking time to answer me twice! ;)

Kristen

kcashner 11-05-2012 08:21 PM

Maybe we'll meet on the ship....I'll be the one by the Cove Cafe enjoying the ocean breezes with my nose in a book.

3 TransAtlantics down, and another one booked.