The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1900 Park Fare - breakfast or dinner? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3017724)

suncat73 11-05-2012 01:37 PM

1900 Park Fare - breakfast or dinner?

I really want to do 1900 Park Fare on our visit in May. I want to do it on Sunday May 12th, Mother's Day. I was leaning towards Breakfast ( Mother's day just makes me think of "Brunch" for some reason!) but so many have said such great things about the dinner (as far as characters and interactions) What do you think? I have two little girls 7 & 4.

thanks!

AlohaAnnie 11-05-2012 01:41 PM

I would say Dinner for the 2 little girls, if they really like Cinderella.

I liked breakfast more than dinner when we went.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ladeeesquire 11-05-2012 04:48 PM

we've done both (not for mother's day) and they were both very nice! My dd is 4.5 yrs old. I think your girls will probably enjoy either but I thought the dinner with the step sisters and prince charming was particularly fun.

goofyintoronto 11-05-2012 05:50 PM

The food at dinner sucks to be honest. The quality and selection are not very goody at all. The only good part of dinner are the step sisters. They're hilarious!

Breakfast is WAY better! They have made to order eggs, omelette station, strawberry soup, real bacon! Plus there's a nice variety of characters... Alice, mad hatter, Mary poppins, pooh and tigger. We loved it.

Sent from my Galaxy SII using DISBoards App

pmaurer74 11-05-2012 06:21 PM

Sorry but I recommend both! I have been to both twice and they were both good experiences.

Chelley00 11-05-2012 06:24 PM

We had a great breakfast there last month. We had my mom with us, and she loved it.

We haven't been for dinner in a couple of years and it wasn't great. The food was so-so and the characters were really not into it. It's been awhile so I'm hoping that's changed :)

mickeynut1 11-05-2012 07:53 PM

We have been for both breakfast and dinner and if you are going for the food, I'd go with breakfast; if you're going for the characters, I'd go with dinner. We thought breakfast was much better food wise, but we liked the characters at dinner more than at breakfast.

goofyintoronto 11-05-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1
We have been for both breakfast and dinner and if you are going for the food, I'd go with breakfast; if you're going for the characters, I'd go with dinner. We thought breakfast was much better food wise, but we liked the characters at dinner more than at breakfast.

I agree. imagine if they had the stepsisters at breakfast? that would be the best thing ever!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

mickeynut1 11-05-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofyintoronto (Post 46638976)
I agree. imagine if they had the stepsisters at breakfast that would be the best thing ever!

Sent from my Galaxy SII

That would be the best combination.....I would love that :goodvibes.

BrookeMQ 11-05-2012 08:47 PM

We enjoyed both dinner and breakfast there. Characters were better at dinner.

I do think of brunch when I think of mothers day too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either!

Mousemommy1 11-05-2012 09:02 PM

We haven't done breakfast but we enjoyed the dinner. The stepsisters were a hoot and we felt that it was one of the better Disney buffets out there.

Cinderella909 11-05-2012 09:12 PM

We always do both, we do dinner on one of first nights and breakfast on our last day. The characters are great, and we have enjoyed our meals. Don't think I could only do one, as they two very separate experiences. And, with your ages, I think they would enjoy both! Whatever you decide, you'll have fun!

Karen

pamkat1820 11-06-2012 09:31 AM

We did dinner with Cinderella. It was the most memorable dinner we ever had with my daughter. She was 3 at the time they picked her to open the doors. When she did she took of running to Cinderella who got down on her knees and hugged her. It is more entertaining than anything. The food is ok, I have had better at disney but I would do it again.

TinkerwithDis 11-06-2012 10:11 AM

1900 PF dinner is GROSS food-wise. Quality of food is terrible. Selection stinks. NEVER again. As others have said, the step sisters were very funny. But thats the only good thing about dinner.

Breakfast is definitely a lot better. LOVE the food!

When I think of mothers day, I think of breakfast/brunch as well.