The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Le Cellier walk up (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3017506)

GOLFDISNEY72 11-05-2012 06:58 AM

Le Cellier walk up

We have a ADR the Sunday before Thanksgiving at 6 for Le Cellier. Some good friends of ours booked a last minute trip. I have been trying to change our ADR from 5 people to 9 with no success. Any chance if we get there early they could add the extra 4. Has anyone tried this?

OKW Lover 11-05-2012 07:10 AM

People have tried and almost universally failed. Its worth asking, but the chances are very, very low.

KristiKelly 11-05-2012 07:10 AM

I doubt you will be able to get a walk up but I would keep checking everyday for a cancellation since this is one of the restaurants that has "no show" charge. Good luck!

SignMeUp 11-05-2012 07:43 AM

In addition to trying to change your ADR from 5 to 9 people, look for an ADR for them for 4 people around the same time. That way you'll at least be eating at the same restaurant and maybe they'll be able to seat you near each other. It's extremely unlikely that you'll be able to add 4 people to your existing ADR by just showing up with the extra people. If you aren't able to change the ADR to 9 people or find them one for 4 people, then you need to have a plan B.

Mousemommy1 11-05-2012 10:12 AM

We tried to "score" a walkup at Le Cellier Thanksgiving week of 2009. The CM's at the desk outside, literally laughed at us...and then said no. :sad:

crabbygal902 11-05-2012 10:50 AM

Bringing extra folks to an ADR at Grand Floridian Cafe: maybe. Brining extra folks to an ADR at Le Cellier: I wouldn't do it because I'd be afraid that the group would be disappointed and hungry, never a good combination!

I agree with a PP: your best bet is going to be stalking the dining ressie site for a cancellation. The credit card guarantee could work to your advantage and you may be able to snag an ADR that someone doesn't want at the last minute.

or...

For alternatives, I checked the Disney dining site. I hear the steaks are wonderful at Yachtsman, and they have table available for 9. There are many locations (39) with tables open for a large party of 9. You may not get your first choice of Le Cellier, but if it were me I'd rather know that my big group could eat together at a place of my choosing rather than trying for a walk-up that will likely not happen.

charmedlife3517 11-05-2012 11:02 AM

We showed up 30 mins early to our reservation and they were not able to even seat us early and this was at opening. Completely understandable but I am pretty sure if they are unable to do this they would be unable to take a walk-up. LC seemed to be very on schedule and organized....atleast they were when I was there. I agree with pp that you should try for an additional reservation for 4 ppl. We were able to move our time two days before our trip and there were a couple to choose from so you never know. Just keep checking :goodvibes

purple figment 11-05-2012 01:00 PM

We/ve eaten at Le Cellier many times, most recently lasy week, and rarely have they accommodated walk ups. Since your group would almost double in size, I think they would consider the additional 4 people to be walk ups. Sometime walk ups come to the podium and are told to check back in about an hour and on other occasions they've been told LeC is fully booked.

I would check online multiple times a day starting now to see if anything opens up. You can try for a party of 9 or 10 (the Disney system likes even numbered parties more than odd) or for a table for 4 as close to your time as possible and then ask to be seated together or close together when you arrive.

You can also subscribe to the November cancellation thread at the top of the Dining Reservations board.

If eating together is important I would have a back up plan in place if you can't get reservations for all of you at LeC.

DonaldTDuck 11-05-2012 02:17 PM

One of my favorite Disney moments was in line for our Le Cel ADR circa Dec 11 2009. The couple in front of us asked when was the soonest they could snag a table. The cm smiled and said March 31, 2010.

GOLFDISNEY72 11-05-2012 06:08 PM

Thanks everyone. I knew it was probably a long shot. We have never been. It is the first time I made reservation 180 days out. They have been there before so it's not that big of a deal.

Mousemommy1 11-05-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonaldTDuck (Post 46636025)
One of my favorite Disney moments was in line for our Le Cel ADR circa Dec 11 2009. The couple in front of us asked when was the soonest they could snag a table. The cm smiled and said March 31, 2010.

Must have been the same CM we spoke with in November that year! :rotfl2:

ILoveDisney&Cruising 11-05-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SignMeUp (Post 46632134)
In addition to trying to change your ADR from 5 to 9 people, look for an ADR for them for 4 people around the same time. That way you'll at least be eating at the same restaurant and maybe they'll be able to seat you near each other.

Exactly this.

We recently did this - had a reservation for 5 ... and needed to add 4 more. I searched day & night for weeks. Saw online that there was a reservation available for 4 (we needed 9 people, as well).

Hopped on the phone and the reservationist was able to book the table for 4 for us for a seating time 10 minutes later than our reservation for 5. Told us when arriving at the podium, to ask if they could join the two tables or at least have the tables next to each other.

If you see something open up - CALL. I don't think the online booking system would allow you to book 2 reservations back to back like that.

Good luck! Don't give up! People cancell all the time!

MickeyNicki 11-06-2012 01:43 PM

We had a walk up last month but it was for a table of 2 and it was 6:30ish

Another family of 4 had a walk up and had to wait 20 minutes. Another family walked in to make a reservation for the next night.

I say try it, you never know. Since it is a credit card hold restaurant many people cancel 24 hours beforehand