The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   items to have the characters sign? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3016128)

jennab05 11-01-2012 07:24 PM

items to have the characters sign?

Hi, I'm somewhat new to the disboards so I don't know if anyone has already asked this or not but I heard that you can give items to customer service to have the characters sign? I was just wondering if anyone had any good/creative ideas of stuff they've had signed from the characters. Thanks!:goodvibes

PrincessShmoo 11-01-2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennab05 (Post 46606699)
Hi, I'm somewhat new to the disboards so I don't know if anyone has already asked this or not but I heard that you can give items to customer service to have the characters sign? I was just wondering if anyone had any good/creative ideas of stuff they've had signed from the characters. Thanks!:goodvibes

Most people leave picture frames/mats, pillowcases, t-shirts, vinylmation figures, journal pages. It's up to your creativity to come up with whatever you'd like. It needs to be placed in a ziploc type bag when you turn it in at Guest Services, so that could limit the choices.

:cutie:

Princessofthehouse 11-01-2012 07:44 PM

Hi,

I have a photo matte. Can it be put in a grocery type bag. It won't fit in a ziploc???

racingfandj 11-01-2012 07:50 PM

We found covers for throw pillows at the Disney store and took those. Now the girls each have an extra pillow for their beds.

PrincessShmoo 11-01-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princessofthehouse (Post 46606901)
Hi,

I have a photo matte. Can it be put in a grocery type bag. It won't fit in a ziploc???

I'm thinking the closeable type bag is so the things don't fall out of the bag and get separated from the information slip that's included with the item being signed, that's necessary to complete the signatures and return it to the right room. But I don't know for sure.

2CME911 11-01-2012 08:01 PM

We did some pillowcases that came out great. Google search Disney Cruise Line pillowcase on Etzy and you'll get some options to choose from. We got our kids pillowcases and FE from Stitchesandbows, very happy with product and very good service.

jennab05 11-01-2012 08:18 PM

Thanks for the ideas everyone!! When you give Guest Services your items approximately how many signatures do you get? I know it will vary but I'm just trying to get ideas.

PrincessShmoo 11-01-2012 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennab05 (Post 46607216)
Thanks for the ideas everyone!! When you give Guest Services your items approximately how many signatures do you get? I know it will vary but I'm just trying to get ideas.

I believe on the info slip you fill out at Guest Services, you can select Princesses or the classic characters or both.

CrawfordMomof2 11-01-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo (Post 46607303)
I believe on the info slip you fill out at Guest Services, you can select Princesses or the classic characters or both.

That is sooooo awesome! It's the little things like this that make us want to take a Disney cruise instead of Carnival :D

ArielRae 11-01-2012 11:18 PM

My family cruises for thanksgiving this month and plan to have them sign a blank Christmas ornament. :thumbsup2

MiaSRN62 11-01-2012 11:32 PM

Make certain you drop the item off near the beginning of your cruise. I just did a 7 night, and waited until day 5 and they told me it was too late to get it done. It's totally my fault---I had forgotten to drop it off earlier. Just an FYI.

_Crush_ 11-01-2012 11:34 PM

Just a reminder that although you can request the signatures from princesses or both, you kinda get what you get. On our Magic cruise, we requested all, thinking we would get EVERYONE. Unfortunately we only got the Fab five but we were happy with anything. Beggars can't be choosers!

3Adevas 11-02-2012 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

I'm thinking the closeable type bag is so the things don't fall out of the bag and get separated from the information slip that's included with the item being signed, that's necessary to complete the signatures and return it to the right room. But I don't know for sure.

I used a bug padded yellow envelope for our pillowcase and 11x13 photo mat and tossed in the fabric markers and a bag if assorted herseys mini chocolates- the signed items and markers were returned to our cabin the last night- all in same envelope :)

Kilted Candyman 11-02-2012 08:23 AM

We did the mat. Big problem with that is they signed into the area that goes under the frames. Not much just 1/4" but disappointing. We are going to have a custom frame made to hold it.

One thing to do is to get a color pack of Sharpies. That way each character is in a different color. Way fun for the effect.

Jim

mousemamma 11-02-2012 08:50 AM

Aprons

We had aprons signed one year. They turned out cute with lots of signatures.

I have a picture but I can't figure out how to get it in here!