The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Interested in WL...please help (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015522)

biggroofy 10-31-2012 11:36 AM

Interested in WL...please help
 
Booking for Christmas week.... GF is too expensive, but since our family will be in Orlando, I don't want to miss the chance celebrating Christmas at Disney World. I bet I will be staying around Dec 22 - 26, considered AKL and WL, which are the relatively cheaper Deluxe resorts. I am more leaning towards WL because of its proximity to MK.

6 of us in the family including DD5 and DD9, and also the grandparents in their 70s. We plan to book 2 rooms. Wanted a Deluxe Resort because grandparents can relax in the resort if they decide not to visit the theme parks.

WL seems nice with pools and stuff. But my concern is, WCC is a fun but noisy place, will noise be an issue if we stay at the main building?

I came across "Campfire with Chip & Dale" - is that a nightly activity in WL? Can somebody share their experience with this event?

I am not sure about how busy MK will be....I bet the queue will be long (especially we want to go to the new Fantasyland). Maybe I will try going to parks early and come back to enjoy the day at WL.

Also interested in some dinner shows, like Mickey's Backyard BBQ and the Hop De Doo Music show at FT. If I don't rent a car, will I have easy access between WL and FT via a boat? What would be the best option?

Thanks!

elaw 10-31-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggroofy (Post 46594395)
... WL seems nice with pools and stuff. But my concern is, WCC is a fun but noisy place, will noise be an issue if we stay at the main building? ...

It can get a little noisey sometimes ... but you don't hear it from the rooms. It's mostly just in the main lobby area and short lived.

Mammaz 10-31-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggroofy (Post 46594395)
Booking for Christmas week.... GF is too expensive, but since our family will be in Orlando, I don't want to miss the chance celebrating Christmas at Disney World. I bet I will be staying around Dec 22 - 26, considered AKL and WL, which are the relatively cheaper Deluxe resorts. I am more leaning towards WL because of its proximity to MK.

6 of us in the family including DD5 and DD9, and also the grandparents in their 70s. We plan to book 2 rooms. Wanted a Deluxe Resort because grandparents can relax in the resort if they decide not to visit the theme parks.

WL seems nice with pools and stuff. But my concern is, WCC is a fun but noisy place, will noise be an issue if we stay at the main building?

I came across "Campfire with Chip & Dale" - is that a nightly activity in WL? Can somebody share their experience with this event?

I am not sure about how busy MK will be....I bet the queue will be long (especially we want to go to the new Fantasyland). Maybe I will try going to parks early and come back to enjoy the day at WL.

Also interested in some dinner shows, like Mickey's Backyard BBQ and the Hop De Doo Music show at FT. If I don't rent a car, will I have easy access between WL and FT via a boat? What would be the best option?

Thanks!

We had a room that viewed the lobby and the noise wasn't an issue.

Yes there is a boat from WL to Fort Wilderness then a short walk to the dining hall.

Campfire with Chip and Dale is at Fort Wilderness, the campground.

We love Wilderness lodge. It is so easy to take the boat the the magic kingdom and there is usually plenty of room. Bus service to the other parks is great too! Enjoy!

Mousemommy1 10-31-2012 12:33 PM

We love the Wilderness Lodge! :goodvibes

We did not experience noise from the WCC at all while in our room.

We stayed CL, which overlooks the lobby, and there were only a couple of bursts of noise, but nothing sustained.

Like the PP's have said, the campfire with Chip & Dale is at Ft. Wilderness campgrounds. We didn't do it, I wished we had!

You will love WL! :thumbsup2

cherylp3 10-31-2012 01:14 PM

there is also a bus from WL to Fort wilderness as well

cwt580 10-31-2012 01:34 PM

If your dates are a go you should book asap. Wl is popular at xmas time and wdw is busy that week. Adr dates are already open for booking filling fast. So if u want sitdown meals, you better move quickly.

mickeynut1 10-31-2012 03:15 PM

You will love the WL, especially at Christmas time. We have stayed there twice and while it does get somewhat noisy from WCC throughout the day/evening when you're in the lobby or walking through, we have never heard noise from our room. For transportation, we love taking the boat back and forth to MK and it's also great being able to take it to the CR to visit or shop there and then hop on the monorail to visit the Poly and GF. Happy planning.

twinboysmom 10-31-2012 03:57 PM

WL for Christmas is a great choice. Looks like the noise issue has been covered already. I just wanted to add that for transportation to FW, you can take the boat but there is also a walkway that if the weather is nice is a very pretty walk. We didn't do it at night so I don't know if it it lighted but during the day it was a good break.

Another transportation option to the MK besides the boat is the bus. We found it quicker and not as crowded. I prefer the boat but if the weather is poor the bus is a nice alternative.

WLSILVERCREEKSPRINGS 10-31-2012 04:39 PM

Noise is not noticeable in the rooms, the path is not lit so, boat or bus are best choices, and the WL is amazing at Christmas!

biggroofy 11-01-2012 12:38 AM

Thanks everyone. I will book ASAP!
So I believe I don't really need a rental car. I can take the boat to Fort Wilderness back and forth.

Sue M 11-01-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biggroofy (Post 46600015)
Thanks everyone. I will book ASAP!
So I believe I don't really need a rental car. I can take the boat to Fort Wilderness back and forth.

Yes. The boat is a nice way to get to FW. Bring a warm jacket, scarf, it can get chilly on the water at night.
The grandparents can also go take the boat to CR if they decide not to go to the park, to look around, shop,eat, etc. and hop on the monorail to tour the other MK resorts and check out their holiday decorations. I've heard GF decorations are very nice.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.