The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Shula's vs Bull & Bear (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015140)

OKW Lover 10-30-2012 01:56 PM

Shula's vs Bull & Bear

Did a search and didn't find this discussed before.

There are many discussions on this board about who the "best steak" for those visiting WDW. One name comes up often - Shula's (at the Dolphin). Some folks have mentioned Bull & Bear at the Waldorf-Astoria (technically not on property but close enough for me).

I have eaten at Bull & Bear and loved it. Haven't tried Shula's yet, but I will.

I'd love to hear comments from people who have tried both. Which did you like better and why?

OKW Lover 11-03-2012 05:49 AM

Interesting that so far Shula's is the leader in the poll, unanimously.

Peter Pirate 2 11-03-2012 07:41 PM

If u can afford B &B with no hesitation then there is no decision.

cluvsdisney 11-03-2012 08:17 PM

I've never been to Bear & Bull, but I would love to try it. Shula's is really good but there are better steaks out there.

Ms. Belle 11-04-2012 08:22 AM

I voted for "other", because I've never been Bull & Bear, although I've heard it's very good. I have been to Shula's and it's just ok. I think it's good for drinks, apps and desserts in the bar. The steaks weren't anything special and the prices are ridiculous for something that I didn't really like. I prefer Ruth's Chris anyday over Shula's.

Uncleromulus 11-04-2012 08:30 AM

I'd vote, except it wouldn't be fair since I've never done B&B.

OKW Lover 11-04-2012 08:33 AM

Even though I started the poll I didn't vote either. I'm in the same situation as Uncleromulus in that I've only been to one of them - in my case B&B.

skunkvette 11-04-2012 08:59 AM

Good question.

I voted Shula's as better steak, but would choose B&B for dinner tonight, if I were in town.

I have been to both B&B and Shula's multiple times.

I prefer B&B for the dining experience, but feel the best steak I ever had on property was Yachtsman three weeks ago.

garneska 11-04-2012 11:02 AM

Bull and Bear

I thought i did a comparison of the two and it might be on the waldorf astoria thread, but I have eaten at both. My hubby and I eat at Bull and Bear every chance we get, about 5 times. I have eaten at Shula's once and him twice (once with me, once when he was on a work trip). We specifically went to Shula's just to compare it to Bull and Bear (so we had eaten here at least 3 times before we went to Shula's). Honestly the price is not that different. I would say that Bull and Bear was more expensive but only a few dollars. For a good steak place I don't find Bull and Bear badly priced. Unfortunately it has been a year almost since being at Bull and Bear (going in a couple of weeks :cool1:). I thought the steak was better at Bull and Bear but steak was almost as good at Shula's. I thought the appetizers and sides were better at Bull and Bear. I also really like the ambiance there. I love football but Shula's is so dark and loud because of all the wood. B&B is quiet and less people, better service. Servers were more polished. In general they are very close but for me I prefer Bull and Bear. Ask questions if you want more details.

BriarRosie 11-04-2012 11:59 AM

My friends were scheduled to go to Bull and Bear mid-October but changed their minds when they saw changes to the menu that must have occurred in recent months. They went to Citrico's instead.

I haven't been to B&B, either. I would love it if someone who had gone to B&B earlier this year would re-visit and tell us if the changes were for the better or for the worse.

OKW Lover 11-04-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BriarRosie (Post 46625949)
I haven't been to B&B, either. I would love it if someone who had gone to B&B earlier this year would re-visit and tell us if the changes were for the better or for the worse.

Lori, Val & I went to B&B in September and really enjoyed it. Can't comment on the change in menu since that was the first time we went.

I was amused that the lighting in B&B is very dim. So much so that the menus and wine lists come in a portfolio that has little lights built in.

garneska 11-05-2012 11:04 AM

Menu does not look like it changed

I just checked the menu on the website. Looks very similar to what I had in Jan (how sad, but should be going at the end of the month).