The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Can we get a shower after check out? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015091)

anonymousegirl 10-30-2012 12:20 PM

Can we get a shower after check out?

Hi all,
DH and I are flying home late on January 2. He is thinking of playing golf that day. We are staying at the Grand Floridian and the spa is closed for refurbishment. Is there anywhere he can get a shower after we have checked out?

dansdad 10-30-2012 12:32 PM

You can use the resort amenities up until Midnight on check-out day. I am pretty sure there are showers/changing rooms near the beach pool.

buzzrelly 10-30-2012 12:33 PM

Not sure about GF specifically, but a few years ago we stayed at OKW and after check out, we stayed around the pool and swam all day since we had a late flight out. We were able to shower in the bathrooms by the pool area. We just kept some shower supplies and a change of clothes with us in our carry-ons. I'd be willing to bet GF has showers in that area as well.

TigrLvsPooh 10-30-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymousegirl (Post 46585851)
Hi all,
DH and I are flying home late on January 2. He is thinking of playing golf that day. We are staying at the Grand Floridian and the spa is closed for refurbishment. Is there anywhere he can get a shower after we have checked out?

There are locker rooms over by the beach pool that are open. The ones at the central pool are closed. So as you come around the back of the main building towards the beach pool you'll see the new splash play zone on your left, then to the right (over towards the waterfall) you'll find the locker rooms. :) Have a fantastic vacation!!! :)

anonymousegirl 10-30-2012 01:21 PM

I read that the central pool might be open by then, but it's good to know that DH can shower either there or by the beach pool.
I usually spend my last hours at WDW at Hollywood Studios riding TSMM as often as I can.

TigrLvsPooh 10-30-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymousegirl (Post 46586503)
I read that the central pool might be open by then, but it's good to know that DH can shower either there or by the beach pool.
I usually spend my last hours at WDW at Hollywood Studios riding TSMM as often as I can.

Silly me, I didn't even look at your dates! :)

OKW Lover 10-30-2012 01:44 PM

If he is playing at one of the Disney courses, there are showers in the locker rooms there. Not sure about towels / soap.

anonymousegirl 10-30-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKW Lover (Post 46586712)
If he is playing at one of the Disney courses, there are showers in the locker rooms there. Not sure about towels / soap.

Hi Jeff! We met at the rainy Swolphin Food and Wine 2011. DH will be playing one of the Disney courses. Good to know abou the lockers rooms at the links. I can call and find out about the towels. Depending on the weather, Trevor may want to rinse off the perspiration or the mud!