The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Sea World / Discovery Cove (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Sea World Christmas time show schedule (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3015045)

kohlby 10-30-2012 11:37 AM

Sea World Christmas time show schedule
 
Anyone know where I can find this? I can't even find the exact dates for the Christmas celebration other than the range. (I'm assuming it's Fri, Sat, Sun during that range, but it doesn't even say that). I'd love to know which shows are when - and get a confirmation on what days the Christmas celebration is.

angelmom27 10-30-2012 11:57 AM

SW doesn't release times til almost 2 wks out from the date. That's the only thing I dislike about them. Hard to plan ahead of time.

aubreysmom09 10-30-2012 12:46 PM

Boo I don't want to wait that long.... We leave in 25 day, and I want to plan.lol..

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 10-30-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kohlby (Post 46585035)
Anyone know where I can find this? I can't even find the exact dates for the Christmas celebration other than the range. (I'm assuming it's Fri, Sat, Sun during that range, but it doesn't even say that). I'd love to know which shows are when - and get a confirmation on what days the Christmas celebration is.

This link might be helpful as your travel date grows closer:

http://seaworldparks.com/seaworld-orlando/Christmas

bowtie7 10-30-2012 06:27 PM

Last year, the regular shows played during the day and then the Holiday shows started in last afternoon and continued until late at night with the fireworks at about 11pm.

kohlby 10-30-2012 09:55 PM

Gina- That was the first place I looked.
I expected to find at least what days the Christmas shows are on, but nope. I couldn't even find the show schedules for the next two weeks. I don't know if the site wasn't updated or if it's still that way, but I found zero show info. I was on the right page for the shows for the next two weeks but clicking on the dates gave me nada. So, zero info even about the shows now! That made me a little nervous about finding any info out.

We're leaving for our trip 8 days before our SW scheduled day and I don't have a smart phone or laptop or anything with internet access so I hope it's on before then!

*A while ago I looked up 2011 times for the shows and realized that I'm going to want to plan ahead of time since I have young kidswho do not nap. We won't be able to stay for everything so I'm trying to plan how late to stay up. Our next day is at Epcot, so at least we don't have to hit rope drop. But my kids aren't the type to sleep in, so I wanted feedback from them to see if it's worth risking - which will depend on the specific show.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 10-31-2012 06:15 AM

If there is specific information you are seeking that's not available on the website, if it were me, I would email them. Anytime I've needed more details that were not provided online, their customer service department has been very prompt (within 1-2 days) in addressing my concerns via return email message. Definitely something to try.

trouttigger 10-31-2012 08:47 AM

Is this an extra cost or included in regular admission?
 
Their website is unclear. Is there an extra charge for this or included in regular admission?

trouttigger 10-31-2012 09:02 AM

Answers from contacting Customer Service via email
 
I am excited that you are planning to visit our park during this beautiful holiday season! SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is my favorite time of the year to visit and is included with your park admission at SeaWorld Orlando.

SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration will be available on the following dates in November: 17 thru 25 and 30. It will also be held on the following dates in December: 1, 2, 7 thru 9, and 14 thru 31. During those limited dates, the park will be open from 9 AM to 11 PM and the special shows and events will take place. On New Year’s Eve, the park will be open from 9 AM to 1 AM and the shows will still be available. Unfortunately, our event schedule will not be available until November.

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina 10-31-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouttigger (Post 46593061)
Their website is unclear. Is there an extra charge for this or included in regular admission?

All included in regular admission! :cool1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouttigger (Post 46593165)
I am excited that you are planning to visit our park during this beautiful holiday season! SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is my favorite time of the year to visit and is included with your park admission at SeaWorld Orlando.

SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration will be available on the following dates in November: 17 thru 25 and 30. It will also be held on the following dates in December: 1, 2, 7 thru 9, and 14 thru 31. During those limited dates, the park will be open from 9 AM to 11 PM and the special shows and events will take place. On New Year’s Eve, the park will be open from 9 AM to 1 AM and the shows will still be available. Unfortunately, our event schedule will not be available until November.

:thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing the response you received! Great info!

mom of2 10-31-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouttigger (Post 46593165)
I am excited that you are planning to visit our park during this beautiful holiday season! SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration is my favorite time of the year to visit and is included with your park admission at SeaWorld Orlando.

SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration will be available on the following dates in November: 17 thru 25 and 30. It will also be held on the following dates in December: 1, 2, 7 thru 9, and 14 thru 31. During those limited dates, the park will be open from 9 AM to 11 PM and the special shows and events will take place. On New Year’s Eve, the park will be open from 9 AM to 1 AM and the shows will still be available. Unfortunately, our event schedule will not be available until November.

On Nov. 17 the park is only open til 9 and not all of the Christmas shows will be performed. That is from the automated phone line

aubreysmom09 11-01-2012 01:02 PM

Thanks for sharing. It helps me with my planning also. I hope you have a great time!

Belle & Ariel 11-01-2012 02:16 PM

For some reason they have removed hours from the site.
We have APs and are going in both Nov. and Dec. In September I was able to get hours for both trips but now they only show the next couple weeks. They have done the same thing to the Busch Gardens site. The old site setup had a monthly calendar and you clicked on a date and it showed hours and showtimes.
I noticed this change a week or so ago.

4HOLIDAYS 11-01-2012 09:38 PM

We are trying to decide on wheteher or not to fit in a day at SW. We have never been at Christmas time and it's been 9/10 yrs overall. I 'm glad to see the days confirmed. I called about a month ago and they gave me he dates but no info on the shows.

I am used to being onsite and at uo or wdw and we don't do 15 hr days. I really wanted to see the schedule to see how much we could see if we stick to 10 hrs.

KBF 11-02-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4HOLIDAYS (Post 46607432)
We are trying to decide on wheteher or not to fit in a day at SW. We have never been at Christmas time and it's been 9/10 yrs overall. I 'm glad to see the days confirmed. I called about a month ago and they gave me he dates but no info on the shows.

I am used to being onsite and at uo or wdw and we don't do 15 hr days. I really wanted to see the schedule to see how much we could see if we stick to 10 hrs.

I think the Christmas celebration alone is worth a trip to the park. 10 hours should be plenty of time to see all the Christmas stuff if that's what you're interested in. The Christmas shows are only at night at start around 6:00pm. So you could spend the beginning of the day on rides or seeing exhibits and then focus on the Christmas shows at night.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.