The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   AOA, ASMo, or PC? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014838)

lauris87 10-29-2012 08:38 PM

AOA, ASMo, or PC?

Booking a trip for late May.

I want to balance these things:
Newness of hotel
Fun decor (stuff my son will recognize)
Distance of room to main pool, lobby, and busses
Cost

I'm kind of torn... because I would LOVE to stay at AOA because it's new, and I love the decor... however... we can only afford a "standard" room instead of a suite... and I've heard it may not be worth the extra money compared to the other values, because the standard rooms are the furthest away from everything and the walk gets tedious when getting drinks, visiting lobby, etc.

I like the prices of PC, and that they are "newer", and we can have a room close to the busses.....but... I don't like any of the decor (and my son is 4. So, I don't think he's really be "into" the themes at PC).

ASMo may be our best bet???
Just wanted some advice from people who have stayed at the value resorts.

Thanks!

PHLtoMCO 10-30-2012 12:25 AM

What about pricing the family suite at all star music?

Also keep in mind Pop Century has their own buses while All Star Music would share with other All Star resorts.

I think you need to prioritize what is most important I.e. Transportation, Decor, Room Type, and go from there! :goodvibes

lauris87 10-30-2012 07:38 AM

Hmmmm....some people have posted here that the all-star resorts only share busses when attendance is low....but other times they don't?? I guess location of room to lobby/ busses is my first priority....then decor.....then price (since all the value resort prices are pretty comparable.)

dawnhaze 10-30-2012 09:51 AM

I'm staying at All-Star Music right now and the buses are fine, IMO. We share during the less busy parts of the day, but at night (like after fireworks), there is usually a separate bus.

I really like the All-Star Resorts. :)

MrsDuck 10-30-2012 10:13 AM

I'd do AoA.

PHLtoMCO 10-30-2012 02:08 PM

We do love ASM because of the family suite (i.e. 2 bathrooms!!!, separate bedroom, small "living area" with pull out bed, and kitchenette). Anytime I have stayed in an All Star Resort we have mostly shared with other All Star Resorts but sometimes you won't. At the POP you will never share. I had a split stay at BCV and the POP last month. I made a last minute reservation, I didn't pay for a preferred room or anything at POP and I got a building next to the main house. About a 45 second walk.

JennyDrake 10-30-2012 04:34 PM

I was at AoA last month in a regular room--and I will not be back anytime soon. It is a HIKE (and I like walking) to the food court, bus stops and I experienced problems with room noise. The food court has its own set of issues....

IMHO Pop has the best food of any of the values, but none of the food is bad.

_I_ like AS because they are smaller and quieter. Music is my fave, but you can't go wrong with any of them. Again, IMHO the bus sharing issue is WAY over-ranted!! During slower times of the day you may share a bus, but to me it is NO different than moderates or values which have multiple stops.

Kristibo42 10-30-2012 04:36 PM

PC is our fav. There is a bridge to AOA so you can always go over and see it.

CuracaoGirl 10-30-2012 05:25 PM

We stayed at Pop a couple of weeks ago and my daughter who is 5 loved it. While she didn't recognize some of the decor, there is still Mickey and Goofy.
We walked over to AoA to take a look and let me tell you, the LM rooms are a really long walk away from everything.
There wasn't anything we did not like about Pop. Would definitely stay there again.

LisaBi 10-30-2012 06:48 PM

We haven't been to AoA yet, but we prefer ASMo to PC or ASMu. Haven't been to sports either. The one trip to PC and the one to ASMu, the whole week I wishing that we were back at ASMo. I can't describe though exactly why. ASMo just seems a little easier to us. The closest buildings seem a little closer, the food court is better (for us anyway).

For mods, I've only been to POR and CSR. They were OK but we didn't take advantage of enough of the extras for the price.

disney_girl123 10-30-2012 06:48 PM

I've stayed at Pop twice and loved it! It's a nice balance between fun for kids and recognizable for adults! And not too noisy at all.

lauris87 10-30-2012 09:02 PM

Thanks for the input everyone....looks like it will be a close decision between PC and ASMo.