The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Adventures By Disney (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146)
-   -   Hurricane Sandy - Stay Safe! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014633)

sayhello 10-29-2012 11:54 AM

Hurricane Sandy - Stay Safe!
 
I hope that all of you who are affected by Sandy are safe & prepared! I'm hoping it ends up being more hype than substance (although I realize that's probably hoping in vain..)

Take care, and let us know if you're OK!

Sayhello

LauraLouLovesPooh 10-29-2012 02:33 PM

Thanks for the well wishes! It is headed our way quicker than they thought and should be here within the next few hours. I'm in NJ and we are just playing the waiting game now. Fingers crossed we don't lose power!



...I would MUCH rather be in Disney right now!!

dalstitch45 10-29-2012 06:29 PM

So far so good with the power. A lot of people in my area have already lost power. The wind is rumbling outside with a sound we haven't heard in quite a few years. Sandy is about to come on shore and moving a lot quicker than first thought. The pictures on the news of the Jersey shore area are heartbreaking, especially the boardwalk in Atlantic City floating away. Just keep us in prayer on the east coast. I know I am praying for all of us.

nordkin 10-29-2012 08:47 PM

We are safe here in DC. I work for the power company in Virginia and when I left the office after a 16 hour day we had ~100,000 customers without power in Northern Virginia. We are just getting the worst of the storm now and it is dangerous outside now. We are getting 60-80 MPH winds and rain at 1-2 inches per hour. The worst should be over for us by 3 or 4 in the morning.

sayhello 10-30-2012 12:07 AM

I'm glad you're all safe. I hope it continues that way, and ends soon!

Sayhello

Phil1019 10-30-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayhello (Post 46582459)
I'm glad you're all safe. I hope it continues that way, and ends soon!

Sayhello

Hi, Thanks for the well wishes. I live in Massachusetts. Weathered the storm with little damage except for street flooding. However, tonight loud thunderstorm with torential downpours! 2 inches in half hour! We are told to expect more throughout the night.

Disneyandphilliesfan 10-31-2012 11:09 AM

Have power back on as of 930Am this morning

sayhello 10-31-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil1019 (Post 46589587)
Hi, Thanks for the well wishes. I live in Massachusetts. Weathered the storm with little damage except for street flooding. However, tonight loud thunderstorm with torential downpours! 2 inches in half hour! We are told to expect more throughout the night.

Stay safe! :goodvibes

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneyandphilliesfan (Post 46594156)
Have power back on as of 930Am this morning

Yay!!!! :yay:

Sayhello

SingingMom 11-06-2012 01:55 PM

Been a very hard week, although we are thankful we are not as bad off as the poor people down the shore. Our's is just the huge inconvenience. Worried about the nor'easter that is heading this way tomorrow evening. Sitting at Starbucks getting warm (was in the '20's last night) and charging the iPad.

Hopefully we will have power restored soon!!! Everyone, stay safe!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

nordkin 11-06-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingingMom (Post 46644447)
Been a very hard week, although we are thankful we are not as bad off as the poor people down the shore. Our's is just the huge inconvenience. Worried about the nor'easter that is heading this way tomorrow evening. Sitting at Starbucks getting warm (was in the '20's last night) and charging the iPad.

Hopefully we will have power restored soon!!! Everyone, stay safe!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our company, Dominion Virginia Power, is up there working in New Jersey and New York. We sent over 500 people to help and we are happy to help. I hope you get power back soon. We are planning on being there for at least two weeks. I have to say people who work for power companies are very willing to go anywhere in the country to help. To us it is all about helping those in need. Good luck for a speedy restoration now that so many other companies from as far away as California are there to help.

SingingMom 11-07-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordkin

Our company, Dominion Virginia Power, is up there working in New Jersey and New York. We sent over 500 people to help and we are happy to help. I hope you get power back soon. We are planning on being there for at least two weeks. I have to say people who work for power companies are very willing to go anywhere in the country to help. To us it is all about helping those in need. Good luck for a speedy restoration now that so many other companies from as far away as California are there to help.

Thank you!!!

Power returned last night!!! Tonight, nine loads of laundry later, we are hoping the SNOW stops falling and the power stays ON!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

nordkin 11-08-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingingMom (Post 46656174)
Thank you!!!

Power returned last night!!! Tonight, nine loads of laundry later, we are hoping the SNOW stops falling and the power stays ON!! :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Glad to here it. I hope your life gets back to normal soon.

cheryllarsen 11-24-2012 08:59 PM

My family in that area says life is slowly returning to normal!

cheryllarsen 11-24-2012 09:00 PM

The area that they are in wasn't hit quite as hard as some.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.