The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   The Creative Community (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   For all of us who will be/have been affected by Hurricane Sandy (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014230)

lovingthemouse 10-28-2012 11:58 AM

For all of us who will be/have been affected by Hurricane Sandy

Praying that all of us remain safe throughout the next few days. I do not have a data plan on my cellphone, so if the power goes, I will be out of the loop ... except to call family and friends.

If you can keep in touch, do, so that we know you are safe. Hugs to everyone in the path!! Caroline

PS - they have cancelled every school sytem in western Mass now, colleges too!

JJ&JHsmom 10-28-2012 03:23 PM

School has been cancelled here for tomorrow. We are staying in. Hope everyone stays safe!

morgansmom2000 10-28-2012 05:02 PM

DH called to tell me around three that he had gotten the call for cancellation. A very loud cheer went up from the 4 girls with me at the corn maze ;)

Stay safe all!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

JohnsonsLoveDisney 10-28-2012 05:27 PM

Thinking of you all through the next few days. :)

joyah 10-28-2012 07:53 PM

Stay safe to all in Ma and in the path. My families on the coast and they will have their road go under for sure. Quincy closed too, as did boston.

We've heard nothing but almost all of the villagers have mad plans to evac if needed. But last check was 2-4" of rain so hopefully that's all we get.

No data plan here either but I'll text jen if there are issues.

Stay safe all

PrincessNancy96 10-28-2012 08:10 PM

I have been in contact w/ Buffy and they are bunkered down.. and her schools have been canceled til Tuesday for sure...but it could be longer.. think they decided to play it a few days at a time...

Many prayers that all of you stay safe... :hug:

Poppins2000 10-28-2012 09:44 PM

Just got back from Atlanta this afternoon - thinking about all of my northern scrapbook buddies - stay safe! I will be thinking and praying for you...

Becky

bearbear 10-29-2012 12:43 AM

We are closed Monday and Tuesday. I'm at work now and I am in a unit without windows so I don't know what is going on outside. I just want to get home in the morning.
Be safe everyone.

rlovew 10-29-2012 06:50 AM

My prayers are with all of you going through this. I hope it ends up being much less than they are expecting so it will be easier to recover.

Rebecca

morgansmom2000 10-29-2012 06:54 AM

It's only rain right now (inland Massachusetts - we're about an hour from the beach, but watching on the news, there is lots and lots of wind and water at the coast). The governor strongly recommended all schools close, and private business as well, but DH's office did not close...He's there for now, I hope they send them home early.

Keeping my fingers crossed for no power outage. If we get as much rain as they think and we lose power, our sump pump will not work and my basement will flood...Ick.

Stay safe all!

joyah 10-29-2012 07:33 AM

Jen I hatedumb bosses like that. Tell him to stay safe. Some schools in our area are even closed today others closing early NOTHING from our scholl yet. If it's bad I'll pull the boys when I leave work.

Stay safe I'm off to work till 1

PrincessNancy96 10-29-2012 07:44 AM

Stay safe girls..

Christy, I don't blame you for pulling the boys early.. seems they would have been proactive about this storm considering just over a year ago.. ERR!!

tyniknate 10-29-2012 08:37 AM

Our school is closed for today and for sure tomorrow. I'm very thankful they decided this early. It gave me time to get the boys to stay with my mom and sister so I could be at work. Why is it all the whackos come out to do stupid stuff when the weather gets nasty? Last time the school waited until the last minute to close and by then they had kids that couldn't get home. They had to put a shelter at the school for kids/faculty to stay. Needless to say there were some irate parents.
We are expecting 6-8" beginning about 2 p.m. today and then 25-60 MPH winds for the next 36 hours. Gonna be a long day, and night, and day. ::yes::

All of my east coast friends stay safe. It will all be history before we know it.

mommy2mrb 10-29-2012 10:27 AM

stay safe everyone....prayers and pixie dust for the storm to lose strength

mybestieismickey 10-29-2012 10:58 AM

Been thinking about my Eastern Dis friends. Hope everyone is safe and that the damage is much better than expected.