The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   I want to start a 'movie a day' thing for myself. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3014226)

ABDonovan 10-28-2012 10:52 AM

I want to start a 'movie a day' thing for myself.

So, everyone, name your Disney Movies!

I have 264 days until vacation, and I'm so pumped, but I'm afraid this winter is going to get me down in the dumps. So, I want to start watching a Disney movie a day, kinda like "an apple a day" type thing :)

POST MOVIES!

I watched Tangled and The Lion King and have them in my possession to watch over and over and overrrrr...

:cool1::banana::happytv::hippie::woohoo::yay: :cheer2:

Sparkly 10-29-2012 09:59 AM

Beauty And The Beast? Princess and the Frog? Robin Hood? Cinderella? Snow White? Toy Story?

I know I'll be watching through our entire collection of Disney movies before our trip!

hulagirl87 10-29-2012 01:51 PM

I'm watching a Disney movie every Wednesday night between now and our trip. So far I have watched Lilo and Stitch, Return to Witch Mountain, Home on the Range (love that one!), Aladdin, Tangled and TinkerBell and the Great Fairy Rescue. This Wednesday (as long as we have power!) will be Haunted Mansion.

Some of my favorites that I will watch over the next several weeks are Meet the Robinsons, Beauty and the Beast, Bolt, 101 Dalmatians, and Atlantis.

Have fun watching! It's fun to get in the mood for a trip by watching movies! :goodvibes

ABDonovan 10-29-2012 02:50 PM

Good ideas!

We're going to watch them on Fridays, I think. That way DH is off, and I'm off from school that night.

I think we'll start with something we haven't seen in a while. I remember the "Wonderful World of Disney" that was on late at night. If anyone has any lists of movies that used to be on there, I would LOVE to find them all.

I think most of them were really old, and I just remember the morning we left for Disney, sitting with my younger cousin and watching that...we couldn't sleep, and it really got us through the long night of waiting lol

BeckyEsq 10-29-2012 03:12 PM

Finding Nemo

Monsters, Inc.

all the Pirates movies

Bolt

Lady and the Tramp

Brother Bear

all the Toy Story movies

Aladdin

Tarzan

Hercules

DisneyDan92 10-30-2012 01:15 PM

Oliver and company!

hulagirl87 10-31-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABDonovan (Post 46578551)
Good ideas!

We're going to watch them on Fridays, I think. That way DH is off, and I'm off from school that night.

I think we'll start with something we haven't seen in a while. I remember the "Wonderful World of Disney" that was on late at night. If anyone has any lists of movies that used to be on there, I would LOVE to find them all.

I think most of them were really old, and I just remember the morning we left for Disney, sitting with my younger cousin and watching that...we couldn't sleep, and it really got us through the long night of waiting lol

I love a lot of the classic Disney movies, with Fred MacMurray, Kurt Russell, Hayley Mills, etc. Some of my favorites are The Ugly Dachsund, Strongest Man in the World, Horse in the Grey Flannel Suit and The Moon-Spinners!

RichieRich13 10-31-2012 02:47 PM

I recommend the Sorcerrors Apprentice. Its an apdaptation of the Sorcerror Mickey short from Fantasia. Its ne of my favs

Babbletrish 11-13-2012 06:40 PM

Why not just watch every animated Disney movie in chronological order? It's what all the cool kids are doing! :rotfl:

(Okay, seriously, it is a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.)

Baby Pluto 11-15-2012 05:46 AM

I have 66 days left until my vacation and decided to do the same!
Brave, and Alice in Wonderland are the two I've watched so far.

How about Sword in the Stone?
Your options are endless.
:woohoo:

MinnieMeaghan 11-15-2012 03:29 PM

What I have been doing is looking online and watching movies from when Disney first released them! Some of the movies are available on YouTube :banana:
Here is the link to the website I have been using (more movies have been released since the page has been updated, but there are still plenty here!)
http://movies.lovetoknow.com/wiki/A_..._Disney_Movies

jasper2012 12-20-2012 03:42 AM

And the Barbie series.

BeauTea 12-30-2012 09:47 PM

I've got the perfect one: Lilo and Stitch! Not only is it a great story, it's really beachy/summery and it'll keep you out of winter blues :)))

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Mel522 12-30-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Babbletrish (Post 46701947)
Why not just watch every animated Disney movie in chronological order? It's what all the cool kids are doing! :rotfl:

(Okay, seriously, it is a lot of fun and I highly recommend it.)

I love doing this. I love animation and enjoy watching the progression of the art form. It's also fun to try to pick out actors who play characters from multiple movies. For example Sterling Holloway who voiced Winnie the Pooh, voiced Kaa, the Stork from Dumbo, the Cheshire Cat, and many others.

fncryan 10-16-2013 05:58 PM

movie a day

The Lion king