The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Will this plan work? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3013644)

toddthecow 10-26-2012 03:22 PM

Will this plan work?

I am trying to help my sis, husband and two kids arrange their first trip to WDW. Here's my plan for their four night stay while optimizing on free dining (if/when available) but assure they are comfortable and have two rooms and not totally breaking the bank.

Book a six night stay package that includes free DDP in a moderate resort for all four of them in one room.
I will also book a room for one adult at the room only rate for the first four nights of their stay with request that the rooms connect.

My plan is that this method will secure all of them the 6 days of DDP meals and provide one room for the kids and another one for the grown ups.

My questions for you experts are......
Will this work?
How challanging is it to book connecting rooms?
Is there another way to accomplish the goals that I may not know about?

Kristibo42 10-26-2012 03:31 PM

We have always gotten connecting rooms when booked. They tell you it's not guaranteed but we have never had a problem. We also stay at the value so at the moderate level I'm not sure about it. Are you set on the moderate? We enjoy the value and it cheaper. I know you only get the free CS dinning but you can upgrade to the other. With having 2 rooms there will be plenty of room.

goofy4tink 10-26-2012 04:00 PM

I can't figure out what you're trying to accomplish....booking a six night stay, with FD, but they are there for only four nights?? Then book an addtl room only for one adult??
Connecting rooms are never a sure thing. I would try to book two rooms at a value..with FD and then upgrade to the regular FD plan.

vicki_c 10-26-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goofy4tink
I can't figure out what you're trying to accomplish....booking a six night stay, with FD, but they are there for only four nights?? Then book an addtl room only for one adult??
Connecting rooms are never a sure thing. I would try to book two rooms at a value..with FD and then upgrade to the regular FD plan.

I agree. You're going to pay for 2 nights when no one is there? I don't understand that, nor do I think it would work. Then there's the issue of having the same guest in 2 rooms, which I thought Disney would not let you do.

ADisneyQueen 10-26-2012 04:11 PM

I'm not sure if Disney is going to let one of the adults be booked in two different rooms. I would let them know at booking what you are trying to do so that there are not problems when checking in.

I know of two families who wanted connecting rooms and did not get them. One family was not able to get two rooms even in the same section. We had no problems with connecting rooms at POP, but you just never know.

Why not get a suite instead?

DisneyFansInNYC 10-26-2012 05:11 PM

We are a family of 6 and need 2 rooms whenever we travel. I was told that if you need two rooms because of kids they have to guarrantee it. This is not just at Disney - we do this all over and have always gotten two rooms connecting. You can try that.

LilyWDW 10-26-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisneyFansInNYC (Post 46556956)
We are a family of 6 and need 2 rooms whenever we travel. I was told that if you need two rooms because of kids they have to guarrantee it. This is not just at Disney - we do this all over and have always gotten two rooms connecting. You can try that.

This is not true... sorry. Connecting rooms are not guaranteed. We have had a member who was a single adult with multiple children unable to get them in the past. Just because the reservation person says they are does NOT mean they are. If you read all of the fine print you will see the ONLY thing you are guaranteed is a room on Disney property. They can move your resort or the category you paid for if needed.