The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Pick 2: GG, Cape May, 'Ohana (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3013222)

butsy113 10-25-2012 07:03 PM

Pick 2: GG, Cape May, 'Ohana

I have 3 restaurants on my list and only 2 spots to fill! Help me! I'm not sure why, but we've never been to any of the 3 for dinner. Which ones do I pick?

Just so you know we need one for our Epcot day- either GG or Cape May

One for our free day- Cape May (staying at BCV) or 'Ohana (poss 1/2 MK day)

Thanks!

wdwloverz 10-25-2012 07:09 PM

Of those three, I would chose Cape May and Ohana:)

lovedworld 10-25-2012 08:00 PM

Did you mean Garden Grill? If so I would choose Garden Grill over Ohana. I know everyone raves about Ohana, but I was not too impressed. I loved Garden Grill when we ate there a few weeks ago.

Maggie'sMom 10-25-2012 08:08 PM

I'd pick Ohana and Cape May.

dvcterry 10-25-2012 08:10 PM

I'd pick GG and Cape May. Ohana was not that good in my opinion.

minniebride 10-25-2012 08:11 PM

Garden Grill and Cape May

pixieMandy 10-25-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by butsy113 (Post 46548248)
I have 3 restaurants on my list and only 2 spots to fill! Help me! I'm not sure why, but we've never been to any of the 3 for dinner. Which ones do I pick?

Just so you know we need one for our Epcot day- either GG or Cape May

One for our free day- Cape May (staying at BCV) or 'Ohana (poss 1/2 MK day)

Thanks!

Garden Grill and Ohana! The character interaction at Garden Grill was fabulous and the food was really good too. Ohana is AMAZING! I didn't have one thing there that I didn't enjoy and my kids did the coconut races and we all learned some Hawaiian dances. GREAT time!

AirGoofy 10-25-2012 09:40 PM

Been to all 3. If you like family style (all you can eat brought to your table), then Garden Grill and Ohana are your choices. If you like buffet, then Garden Grill.

Of the three you mentioned, I like Garden Grill the best. It is in Epcot so you don't have to leave, great character interaction, and we like eating there after we go on the Living eith the Land ride.

Ohana has a lot of grilled meats. I preferred it more for breakfast. Still, they had a coconut roll with the children when were last there, and they had fun with it,

I thought the crab legs at Cape May were watery. Some people say how great they are and we may have just went on a bad night, but the crab meat at Fulton's was way better. I compared the crab legs I had at Cape May to the ones on th Chnese buffet here in KY.

MagicalMawMaw 10-25-2012 09:49 PM

I love, love, love Ohana. This is the very first meal we book for supper on every trip.

I've eaten at Cape May for breakfast & loved it. However, as I can't eat shellfish...I'd pick GG for the characters. Haven't eaten there but it is on my list to do one day.