The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   dessert party (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3012709)

jlm 10-24-2012 06:02 PM

dessert party
 
So they finally came out with December dates and I waited too long to call! :headache:
Every date we are there the party is sold out!! Anyone ever have luck in getting a ressie by calling daily?
TIA,
Jen

NMDisneyFan 10-24-2012 06:06 PM

What dates are you looking for? I have a reservation of 8 on 12/11, but I'm debating canceling. I can't decide if it will be worth doing the party during MVMCP. I will let you know if I decide to cancel.

NMDisneyFan 10-24-2012 06:23 PM

I just looked online and found several available dates in December. Have you tried using the website?

Brook1099 10-24-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMDisneyFan (Post 46538409)
What dates are you looking for? I have a reservation of 8 on 12/11, but I'm debating canceling. I can't decide if it will be worth doing the party during MVMCP. I will let you know if I decide to cancel.

We did the Wishes Dessert Party during the Xmas Party last yr. I first thought why did I book on same night, we were having hot chocolate and cookies why would I want desserts too. I am so glad we did the Xmas Party was mobbed and to have the seating for the fireworks was worth every penny. And the desserts are decent. We are doing again this year, but not during the party.

NMDisneyFan 10-24-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brook1099

We did the Wishes Dessert Party during the Xmas Party last yr. I first thought why did I book on same night, we were having hot chocolate and cookies why would I want desserts too. I am so glad we did the Xmas Party was mobbed and to have the seating for the fireworks was worth every penny. And the desserts are decent. We are doing again this year, but not during the party.

Thanks for the info. Is there a good view of the fireworks, or do you miss some of the special stuff that is included in the holiday wishes?

jlm 10-25-2012 02:58 PM

We are looking at December 10th....but could also do Dec 8 or 12!
I didn't know you could book this online!! I will try and check (figure) that out!;)

NMDisneyFan 10-25-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlm
We are looking at December 10th....but could also do Dec 8 or 12!
I didn't know you could book this online!! I will try and check (figure) that out!;)

Here's what you can do to get to the right spot:

There is a "Search DisneyWorld.com" space In the top right corner of the WDW home page. Enter "tomorrowland terrace dessert" and click go. Click on the first search result. Click on the "Make a Reservation" link. Good luck!

jlm 10-25-2012 03:29 PM

Thanks so much!! I found it!! I can get either arrival day Dec 7th 850pm or last day before we leave Dec 13 850pm. I booked the 13th..hoping for another date to open....:thumbsup2 I am showing no wishes is scheduled that night?? Do they have to party and no fireworks?

NMDisneyFan 10-25-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlm
Thanks so much!! I found it!! I can get either arrival day Dec 7th 850pm or last day before we leave Dec 13 850pm. I booked the 13th..hoping for another date to open....:thumbsup2 I am showing no wishes is scheduled that night?? Do they have to party and no fireworks?

You're welcome! MVMCP is on December 13th, so the fireworks will be Holiday Wishes at 9:30pm.

minniebeth 10-25-2012 03:53 PM

Thanks for the tip of searching, I couldn't find it otherwise~

How far out do they open up bookings? It sounds like they recently opened up December? I was looking in January and could not find anything at all.
Also, it had multiple times for seating, starting as early as 5pm? That didn't sound right to me. Should I call instead?

Thanks!

jlm 10-25-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMDisneyFan (Post 46546541)
You're welcome! MVMCP is on December 13th, so the fireworks will be Holiday Wishes at 9:30pm.

will we be able to get into the park of we don't have MVMCP tkts?

minniebeth 10-25-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minniebeth (Post 46546670)
Thanks for the tip of searching, I couldn't find it otherwise~

How far out do they open up bookings? It sounds like they recently opened up December? I was looking in January and could not find anything at all.
Also, it had multiple times for seating, starting as early as 5pm? That didn't sound right to me. Should I call instead?

Thanks!

Ok, I answered my own question by finding the dessert party reservations thread. I guess January options are not available yet and it sounds like they may even be put on hold. We're always looking for new fun things to do and this fits the bill. I'll be watching~

NMDisneyFan 10-25-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minniebeth

Ok, I answered my own question by finding the dessert party reservations thread. I guess January options are not available yet and it sounds like they may even be put on hold. We're always looking for new fun things to do and this fits the bill. I'll be watching~

Keep checking every day...

The 5 pm time is correct. Wishes starts at 6 pm on certain nights.

minniebeth 10-25-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NMDisneyFan (Post 46546939)
Keep checking every day...

The 5 pm time is correct. Wishes starts at 6 pm on certain nights.

Thanks! In regard to the time, the week I am looking at, Wishes starts at 8pm. Will 7pm be my only choice? I wouldn't think you can book at 5pm for an 8pm Wishes? Just trying to be informed to make reservations efficient and figure out how to do dinner if we can get a dessert party reservation at one point in time. Thanks so much!

Tinker'n'Fun 10-25-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlm (Post 46546744)
will we be able to get into the park of we don't have MVMCP tkts?

Last year when we were there you needed party tickets to be able to attend the dessert party on nights that Mickeys was being held. So you would need tickets to the party and reservations for the dessert party.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.