The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   First time solo visit: successful! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3012345)

parkhopping 10-23-2012 11:54 PM

First time solo visit: successful!

For months now I'd been planning to visit Epcot for Hanson's concert during the Eat to the Beat series. They were my favorite band when I was 9, and I still enjoy their music - it's grown up with them :) However, the friend who was going with me had to cancel at the last minute. I couldn't get anyone else to come, and so I had a decision to make: skip the show, or go by myself? I NEVER thought I'd go to Disney alone. The idea was always kind of depressing to me...no one to talk to or share the experience with. But I decided that I didn't want to miss out on fulfilling my childhood dream, especially since I would only be paying the cost of gas to get there and my F&W Fest dinner. So, I headed over late this afternoon.

And you know what? It was great! The concert itself was a bit awkward, mainly because I was really into it but the girls I was next to were either too cool for the concert scene or just not big fans of Hanson. But it was nice to do whatever I wanted without needing to take someone else into consideration. And I met some great people: two ladies from CA, a family from OH, a family from England...and while waiting for IllumiNations, I had a wonderful chat with a lovely family from Canada, who gave me a piece of maple leaf candy :) I didn't have a lot of time so I chose not to ride anything tonight, but still had a nice time just walking around and enjoying my samplings from F&W.

So for anyone who is on the fence about doing WDW solo, I say go for it! Going by yourself allows you to experience it in a different way, and it can be more fun than you might think. Although my preference would still be to go with others, I won't hesitate to do it by myself in the future when I need a fix :thumbsup2

DVC Kelly 10-24-2012 11:53 AM

I'm glad to hear you did have a great time! :cool1:

ludari 10-24-2012 03:18 PM

Happy to hear someone made the best out of their situation and had a great time. I usually travel solo to both DLR and WDW and I always have a great time.

BeachMouse05 11-06-2012 10:38 AM

Hi there! :wave2: Glad you had a good time. Its nice too know there is another Hanson fan out there. :)

Lizboo 11-16-2012 06:15 AM

Thank you for the encouragement. We had a trip planned for Dec 5 and my DH of 15 years told me less than 2 weeks ago that he wants out of the marriage.

I debated on cancelling the entire trip but I know after the separation, I won't be able to afford it.