The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disneyland (California) (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Candy Canes 2012 (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3012276)

Carolwoodpr 10-23-2012 09:29 PM

Candy Canes 2012

Does anyone have dates for the home made Candy canes this year? I am really hoping for candy canes during our trip.

Cinderpamela 10-24-2012 02:05 AM

As far as I know they havent been announced yet... but hopfull they will soon!
Last year the Disney Food blog posted them on Nov 8th. I keep checking back and nothing yet.

DisneylandPlanner 11-05-2012 10:16 PM

Bump

paperdoll1986 11-06-2012 11:20 AM

I'm DYING to find out! Trying to arrange a trip with family friends and we're going to plan around the candy canes!

mrslamb 11-06-2012 11:21 AM

I'm dying to know as well! How does it work? You need to get tickets?? How much are they?

perlster 11-06-2012 01:46 PM

First come, first served on December 2, 2011:
http://i48.tinypic.com/288nsi1.jpg

jkh1978 11-06-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perlster
First come, first served on December 2, 2011:

Coming to DL for Christmas for first time. That line in the pic looks long. About where in line will the last person get one?

skellinton 11-06-2012 02:18 PM

I read in the other thread they only have 40, and I think each person can get two tickets.

disneydeb64 11-06-2012 02:46 PM

That better be one absolutely incredible candy cane to wait in a line that long! Where do you get the tickets?

Escape2Disney 11-06-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneydeb64 (Post 46644957)
That better be one absolutely incredible candy cane to wait in a line that long! Where do you get the tickets?

I think they give tickets to the people in line. You're given a time to come back to buy your candy canes. I read somewhere that it was done this way last year.

1Disneylandfan 11-06-2012 02:54 PM

I'll be there at the end of next week, but I doubt they'll start making them this early in the season. Traditionally I think it starts in early December. And yes last year they did give you a return time on your ticket to come and pick them up.

disneydeb64 11-06-2012 02:56 PM

Kinda like a candy cane Fastpass? ; ) If that's the case, I would think the line would move fairly quickly. I'm sure you would have to be there as early as possible though to avoid missing out. Who has done this, and was it worth the wait?

1Disneylandfan 11-06-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneydeb64 (Post 46645048)
Kinda like a candy cane Fastpass? ; ) If that's the case, I would think the line would move fairly quickly. I'm sure you would have to be there as early as possible though to avoid missing out. Who has done this, and was it worth the wait?

People line up to get the tickets. I've never done it but always wanted to. I think their about ten bucks a candy cane.

jkh1978 11-06-2012 03:10 PM

This year is my first time, but what I read is that there are three batches of forty. Get in line for a ticket to come back to get them. These are made in the candy store that day by hand. There were last year others made by hand for sale but were made offsite a different ay and those could just e purchased.

Sherry E 11-06-2012 04:33 PM

I've said this a few times in the Christmas Superthread but I think that there is a really good chance of candy canes being made at Trolley Treats this year too (and if it doesn't happen this year, then the idea must have been put on hold until next year). I would assume that if I am correct and they are, then this would mean that the Candy Palace candy canes would still be made as well, and not totally replaced by Trolley Treats, thus giving more people the chance to get their hands on these peppermint gems.

The Disney Food Blog - while helpful - is not an official Disney source. They get their info from official Disney sources just like we do. Disneyland will sometimes post a partial schedule for the candy canes in Candy Palace on the first day of the season, and then post the remaining dates within a week or so.

I would imagine that the full schedule for candy cane-making should be available or publicly known by the end of next week.

I am heading to DLR on Monday for opening day of the season festivities and I will look for any signs that indicate partial candy cane schedules in Candy Palace or Trolley Treats.