The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Where is it? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3010895)

smithgang5 10-21-2012 10:12 AM

Where is it?

We are staying in the new resort art animation in the little mermaid rooms. But my question is where is the resort at what is it near? This will be are frist time staying on property ! Also we would love any pointers .. Thank you

Mousemommy1 10-21-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithgang5 (Post 46505145)
We are staying in the new resort art animation in the little mermaid rooms. But my question is where is the resort at what is it near? This will be are frist time staying on property ! Also we would love any pointers .. Thank you

It's right across the bridge from POP Century, which when I stayed there was classified as being in the Wide World of Sports area (not sure if that has changed). So, you will be approximately a 10-15 minute bus ride to each park. We liked location of POP and didn't feel like anything was too far away via bus. Obviously, you aren't within walking distance to any of the parks, but again, we found the bus transport to the parks to be just fine. :goodvibes

alex9179 10-21-2012 10:45 AM

DHS is the closest park. I have no idea if that translates to a quicker bus trip there than the other parks, but it tells you the area it's in. You can walk to POP from AOA and several people have mentioned using a POP bus to get back to the resort when it's busy or you don't want to wait for an AOA bus to arrive.

smithgang5 10-21-2012 10:47 AM

So are the disney resorts all inside like a disney world area or all they all jumbled up with other hotels to

Lumiere Lover 10-21-2012 10:55 AM

The Disney resorts are all inside WDW property. The WDW property is approximately 40 square miles, almost twice the size of Manhattan.

smithgang5 10-21-2012 12:05 PM

Thank you

stitchlovestink 10-21-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alex9179
DHS is the closest park. I have no idea if that translates to a quicker bus trip there than the other parks, but it tells you the area it's in. You can walk to POP from AOA and several people have mentioned using a POP bus to get back to the resort when it's busy or you don't want to wait for an AOA bus to arrive.

The ride to the Studios is only about 5 minutes. It is very close to POP & AoA. We love the DHS so that is a big Plus for us staying at POP.
Truthfully I would say plan on it being a good solid 15 to 20 min ride to MK depending on which route the driver takes. There are a couple of different choices and some are more direct than others and it is up to the driver which way they choose to get there. Same thing with Epcot...only in the 10 to 15 min time frame. Ak, is about 10 to 12 min away IIRC. Those are times from POP, but it should be pretty identical for AoA since they basically are right around the corner from one another. :)

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

tobikaye 10-21-2012 01:44 PM

Here is a map: Map WDW

Area north of 192 and west of I-4, until you get to Downtown Disney is basically WDW. Once you get to Downtown Disney, you start to get into the area outside of WDW.