The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   wdw best bartenders, and where? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009967)

jpcdds6 10-19-2012 06:59 AM

wdw best bartenders, and where?

heading down again in feb. now that the kids are older we find ourselves standing in line at attractions like small world less, and at rose and crown, more. any favorite bartenders at watering holes throughout wdw i should look up?

DCTooTall 10-24-2012 12:44 PM

I'm partial to the Tune Inn Lounge and the bartenders there

PHLtoMCO 10-25-2012 11:27 PM

I love the entire staff at Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk! It's a dueling piano bar and th players are so talented. Wait staff and bartenders are great!! No food though, so eat before you go :)

Birdman1511 10-26-2012 05:40 AM

another good one is the Tambu Lounge at Polynesian...bartenders are very friendly and attentive

Leota 10-26-2012 01:39 PM

We like the bartenders & drinks at the Cabana Bar & Grill at the Dolphin. I agree that Tambu is great. Good energy. We also like The Wave at the Contemporary.

Best cocktails are at the Swolphin resorts tho. Disney uses syrups :sad2: The Swolphin makes all their own stuff fresh - incredible Mixologists..... :thumbsup2

designermv 10-26-2012 02:41 PM

Tim and Steve at the Poly Barefoot Pool Bar are pretty awesome. :thumbsup2

nurse.darcy 10-28-2012 03:32 PM

I second DC, I am partial to the Tune Inn Bartenders. Hollywood Studios by 50's Prime Time. Dave, David, Alena, Enzo (se habla espanol muy bien), the "new guy" who's name escapes me but he speaks perfect Spanish and probably Portuguese, and all the others who go behind the bar are awesome. . .Its my fave place.

Missytara 11-02-2012 10:27 AM

A shout out for Todd, a bartender, and Holly and John, the two servers at the Lounge at POR.

There is also entertainment there as well; Wednesday through Saturday is Yee-hah Bob.

Andrew015 11-04-2012 07:16 AM

I'm going to throw out Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge. Moreso for the quiet, off-the-beaten-path feel and "Lodgey" atmosphere than the bartenders themselves. However, I do recall the staff being very friendly.

Li Li 11-06-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew015
I'm going to throw out Territory Lounge at the Wilderness Lodge. Moreso for the quiet, off-the-beaten-path feel and "Lodgey" atmosphere than the bartenders themselves. However, I do recall the staff being very friendly.

For WL:
I believe the one bartender's name is Bruce, and she (yes, she!) is great!

Also, Ray at the Outer Rim in Contemporary is fantastic. Sit at the bar and he will give you fun brain teasers and is just really nice!

RVMH 11-14-2012 04:01 PM

The bartenders here are great!

RVMH 11-14-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Li Li (Post 46643862)
For WL:
I believe the one bartender's name is Bruce, and she (yes, she!) is great!

Also, Ray at the Outer Rim in Contemporary is fantastic. Sit at the bar and he will give you fun brain teasers and is just really nice!

Her name is Johnna and she's absolutely super! (Bruce???)

nurse.darcy 11-14-2012 09:47 PM

this may seem like a funny choice, but a couple weekends ago a friend of mine and I were at the clubhouse at Osprey Ridge Golf Course. We were picking up our men after a very "tiring" day of being golf widows (which translates to a ride on Soarin and a visit to the food and wine pavilion for morning toddies. . .then off to food and wine to meet up with another friend, see Betheney Frankel (Skinny Girl Cocktails) and more fun). It was really tough being golf widows (lol. . .rofl) but the bartender at Osprey Ridge made it fun.

Destructsean 11-15-2012 06:52 AM

Bruce was formerly tending bar at the Top of the World lounge in BLT. My parents raved about her.

I think she's moved on to a new location though.

travelin' tigger 11-15-2012 07:02 AM

Jellyrolls bartenders & staff

Just got back from another fantastic trip and a couple of nights at Jellyrolls. Best bartenders are Mike and Tony - as soon as I was ready for a beer, an ice cold one was in my hand!!

Best waitstaff would be Josh - always attentive and ready to serve!!!

Thanks guys for making my trip that much more special!!! :goodvibes