The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Poly : traders jack operating hours (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009943)

longing4disney 10-19-2012 04:52 AM

Poly : traders jack operating hours
 
We will be arriving at the poly after 9pm and we have an early morning 8.05ADR at Ohana the next morning. We have also prepurchased the photopass plus which will give us free photo at the Ohana bf. I'll need to exchange my photopass plus coupon for the card at Traders Jack before our 8.05 bf. Does anyone know what are the operating hours of Traders Jack at the Poly and whether we will have time to get our photopass plus card before our bf?

TigrLvsPooh 10-19-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longing4disney (Post 46488040)
We will be arriving at the poly after 9pm and we have an early morning 8.05ADR at Ohana the next morning. We have also prepurchased the photopass plus which will give us free photo at the Ohana bf. I'll need to exchange my photopass plus coupon for the card at Traders Jack before our 8.05 bf. Does anyone know what are the operating hours of Traders Jack at the Poly and whether we will have time to get our photopass plus card before our bf?

They are open from 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM daily. :)

TigrLvsPooh 10-19-2012 06:55 AM

If you don't have time to do it before you're seated I'm sure you could excuse yourself from the table and run over there quickly. :) It will all work out! :goodvibes Enjoy the Poly, it's one of my FAVORITES!!!!

Mousemommy1 10-19-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh (Post 46488462)
They are open from 8:00 AM - 11:00 PM daily. :)

I'm just going to throw out there that the Photopass desk hours are not necessarily the same as Trader Jack hours...they shut down frequently so I wouldn't count on them being open at the same time but you may get lucky.

longing4disney 10-19-2012 07:01 AM

Thanks Tigrlvspooh. If it closes at 11pm, I'll try to do it when we get in, otherwise, get it after we check in at Ohana the next morning:) I am looking forward to our poly stay. We have read so many good things about it that it's getting us really excited! We'll be there in 39 days! :cheer2:

longing4disney 10-19-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 (Post 46488494)
I'm just going to throw out there that the Photopass desk hours are not necessarily the same as Trader Jack hours...they shut down frequently so I wouldn't count on them being open at the same time but you may get lucky.

Oops! Fingers crossed then! I hope Ohana will let us come back later to claim the photos if the photopass desk is not opened. :confused3

TigrLvsPooh 10-19-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 (Post 46488494)
I'm just going to throw out there that the Photopass desk hours are not necessarily the same as Trader Jack hours...they shut down frequently so I wouldn't count on them being open at the same time but you may get lucky.

Glad we found someone with experience on the subject! :) I'd like to ask you a couple of things about this as well. When you encountered the desk being shut down were you told it was for a specific amount of time (like a break, etc) or did it appear to be random? Was there a return time sign? Like "back in 10 minutes" or something like that? Was the castmember in Trader Jack's able to give you any information about the operating hours of the desk, or when someone would be able to help you? I'm still trying to gather as much info about PP+ as I can so I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)

Mousemommy1 10-19-2012 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigrLvsPooh (Post 46488530)
Glad we found someone with experience on the subject! :) I'd like to ask you a couple of things about this as well. When you encountered the desk being shut down were you told it was for a specific amount of time (like a break, etc) or did it appear to be random? Was there a return time sign? Like "back in 10 minutes" or something like that? Was the castmember in Trader Jack's able to give you any information about the operating hours of the desk, or when someone would be able to help you? I'm still trying to gather as much info about PP+ as I can so I'd love to hear your thoughts. :)

Yes. We were kind of bummed about the hours of the Photopass kiosks at Poly and GF. We tried both in the middle of the day and there were signs saying they would be back but I believe it was like in 2 hours, which we weren't going to stick around for. We ended up going to the Photopass place on Main Street in MK instead which is always open.

TigrLvsPooh 10-19-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 (Post 46488617)
Yes. We were kind of bummed about the hours of the Photopass kiosks at Poly and GF. We tried both in the middle of the day and there were signs saying they would be back but I believe it was like in 2 hours, which we weren't going to stick around for. We ended up going to the Photopass place on Main Street in MK instead which is always open.

I'm wondering if you didn't have your PP+ card yet could you use a regular PP in the interim and then merge it with the new card once you got it?? I can remember doing that with my MNSSHP photopass last year. I forgot to bring it with me, so I used a regular PP and then when I got home I just uploaded both card #'s and was able to purchase photos from my entire trip with my discount. Not sure this would work the same way for PP+?? Thanks :)

longing4disney 10-19-2012 07:30 AM

I'll be bumped if I have to go MK to get it. We are hoping to go Blizzard Beach after breakfast. DH thinks swimming helps with managing jet lag (it takes us 24 hours to get to WdW) :(. I just send an email to PP, hoping they can advise what I can do it I can't get my coupon exchanged in time for my bf at Ohana :confused3

longing4disney 10-21-2012 06:10 PM

Redeem at Ohana
 
Tigrlvspooh, this is the reply I got from Disney Photopass:

Quote
Thank you for your interest in our new Disney PhotoPass+ offer. Ohana's
can help you redeem your PhotoPass Plus voucher if the photo view
station is unavailable.
Unquote

This works out wonderful or us :banana: 37 days to go!

TigrLvsPooh 10-22-2012 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longing4disney (Post 46508517)
Tigrlvspooh, this is the reply I got from Disney Photopass:

Quote
Thank you for your interest in our new Disney PhotoPass+ offer. Ohana's
can help you redeem your PhotoPass Plus voucher if the photo view
station is unavailable.
Unquote

This works out wonderful or us :banana: 37 days to go!

That is AWESOME news! I actually called the Poly and left a voicemail for the Photopass person, but never got a reply. I was coming back here today to see if you ever got your answer! :) I was going to phone the manager next if I had to! :lmao: I wanted the answer as badly as you did. LOL

redman96 07-19-2013 10:49 PM

Question for OP
 
So - we have similar situation....arriving for 7:45am at Ohana.
Don't want to pay extra for photo they take upon arrival. How did your situation work out?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.