The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Bus to Magic Kingdom - clear up argument! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3009378)

dara00 10-17-2012 08:37 PM

Bus to Magic Kingdom - clear up argument!

Do the buses from the resorts go directly to the Magic Kingdom or do they all stop at the TTC? I thought there was no way to drive to the Magic Kingdom, but my husband read that resort buses go direct.

cmusschoot 10-17-2012 08:38 PM

Direct...

busses from resorts do not stop at TTC. They go directly to the entrance :)

dara00 10-17-2012 08:39 PM

thanks! I've never used disney transportation before, lol!

mickeynut1 10-17-2012 09:19 PM

Depending on which resort you stay at, the bus may stop at another resort before getting to MK, but as the pp said, the buses do not stop at the TTC.

cindy17 10-17-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeynut1 (Post 46477002)
Depending on which resort you stay at, the bus may stop at another resort before getting to MK, but as the pp said, the buses do not stop at the TTC.

Busses do stop at the TTC when you are going from one park to another. For example, last week we wanted to go from DHS to MK and needed to take bus to TTC, then monorail or boat to MK. No busses directly, in that instance, to MK.

dara00 10-17-2012 09:27 PM

I'm actually going from resort to resort - staying at the Dolphin and going to breakfast at the Grand Floridian. So I was going to have to get onto the monorail either way, we were just curious where the bus would bring us!

mickeynut1 10-17-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dara00 (Post 46477068)
I'm actually going from resort to resort - staying at the Dolphin and going to breakfast at the Grand Floridian. So I was going to have to get onto the monorail either way, we were just curious where the bus would bring us!

You could take the bus from the Dolphin to MK and then take the monorail or boat over to the GF.

focusondisney 10-17-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dara00 (Post 46476609)
Do the buses from the resorts go directly to the Magic Kingdom or do they all stop at the TTC? I thought there was no way to drive to the Magic Kingdom, but my husband read that resort buses go direct.

There's no way for the public to drive to MK. There is a special drop off area for Disney buses.

KapBoy77 10-17-2012 10:14 PM

Where do Taxi cabs drop people off?

vicki_c 10-17-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kapboy77
where do taxi cabs drop people off?

ttc.

sndral 10-17-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

How early is your breakfast? If it's really early, as in before the buses start running, your best option may be to take a taxi from the Dolphin to the Grand Floridian.
If it's a bit later, the Dolphin is close enough to walk to DHS (or boat) and go to the bus stops in front of DHS and take the Grand Floridian bus from DHS to the Grand Floridian for breakfast - no need to monorail @ all.
Or you can catch the MK bus from the front of the Swan/Dolphin (assuming they are running) and then hop on the resort monorail @ the front of the MK (or the boat) to the GF for breakfast.

Kimberle 10-18-2012 06:41 AM

There is no transportation between the resorts and the TTC. (Except the monorail.)

goofy4tink 10-18-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 46477765)
How early is your breakfast? If it's really early, as in before the buses start running, your best option may be to take a taxi from the Dolphin to the Grand Floridian.
If it's a bit later, the Dolphin is close enough to walk to DHS (or boat) and go to the bus stops in front of DHS and take the Grand Floridian bus from DHS to the Grand Floridian for breakfast - no need to monorail @ all.
Or you can catch the MK bus from the front of the Swan/Dolphin (assuming they are running) and then hop on the resort monorail @ the front of the MK (or the boat) to the GF for breakfast.

Your best bet is to take the bus to MK, from the S/D. When you get to MK, you can either take the monorail to the GF or the boat...it all depends on the timing of your ADR. Buses will be running by 6:30am...every day. But they don't run quite as frequently as regular park buses do..so plan accordingly. If you have an ADR at 8am, you need to be out at the MK bus stop by 6:45.

The monorail starts running by 7am. Not sure when the boat will be up and running...could be just an hour prior to park opening. But, if the boat is running?? Take it. The boat goes directly to the GF, then over to the Polynesian and then back to MK. The monorail will take about 25 mins, wait time not included. The boat takes about 10 mins, wait not included.

Heading to DHS in order to get to the MK is very time consuming. The boats may not be running yet, so you have to walk...that will take about 18 mins. Then, a wait for the bus to MK..which could be long since park to park transportation isn't a huge need early in the morning. Park to resort buses can take a long time as well in the morning. There just aren't all that many people needing to leave a park, prior to park opening, heading to a different resort.

KapBoy77 10-18-2012 07:19 AM

So buses start leaving resorts at around 6:45 daily? And drop you off directly at MK? Sorry I just want to make sure i get this right. :)

dburg30 10-18-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KapBoy77 (Post 46478830)
So buses start leaving resorts at around 6:45 daily? And drop you off directly at MK? Sorry I just want to make sure i get this right. :)

Yes...
from resorts, they run directly to the front of the MK... And then back to resorts.. except I think Shades of Green..