The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Discount Codes and Rates (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Free dining for Dec. 2013? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3007140)

jgperkin 10-13-2012 09:30 AM

Free dining for Dec. 2013?

Has anyone heard of any free dining promotions for Dec. 2013? DH finally got the time for next December to do a xmas trip.. I am looking early December. Maybe 5th - 10th? So excited we can finally see the magic kingdom decorated for the holidays! :)

TheDisney411 10-13-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgperkin (Post 46432764)
Has anyone heard of any free dining promotions for Dec. 2013? DH finally got the time for next December to do a xmas trip.. I am looking early December. Maybe 5th - 10th? So excited we can finally see the magic kingdom decorated for the holidays! :)

The October - December free dining discounts aren't usually released until July or August. And really the first week of December is usually blacked out for discounts, including free dining, because that's the week for Pop Warner. The last few years the December free dining dates didn't start until December 8 or 10 and your check in date has to fall within the free dining dates to apply it to your vacation package.

Tropics 10-15-2012 11:01 AM

I am by no means an expert so take this as you want but from what I have been able to determine it looks like Pop Warner might be the second week of December in 2013 because Thanksgiving is so late. The first Saturday of December 2013 isn't until December 7, which would be a week after Thanksgiving. This is of course speculation until there is something official.

From what I can tell there is usually a discount from the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving until Pop Warner.

I'm counting on Pop Warner starting late in 2013 as we will be there Dec 1-7 and are hoping for discounts that week.

Tropics 10-15-2012 11:03 AM

From another thread it looks like Pop Warner will be the second week of December in 2013 (I can't link to it in a post). I would guess that there will be limited discounts during your dates of Dec 5-10 because Pop Warner will be taking place during that time.

MMS1125 10-15-2012 12:27 PM

PW activities will start Saturday Dec 7 with the competition the 8-13 or so I believe. Anyways their room block is the 5-15 of December

Daphne W 10-16-2012 10:45 AM

Praying for free dining or a great room discount as well. We are currently booked for November 29 - December 7, 2013. We are willing to move our date back to Saturday November 30 if we can get free dining! Keeping our fingers crossed!

atcNick 04-30-2013 10:56 PM

Any updates on free Dining for Dec 2013?

TheDisney411 04-30-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atcNick (Post 48263715)
Any updates on free Dining for Dec 2013?

October - December free dining dates won't be released until July, possibly August. My prediction, looking at past FD info and this years December events, I would say the December FD dates will be around Nov 30 - December 5 and December 14-19, give or take a day.

raeolight 05-01-2013 12:39 AM

What is pop warner?

TheDisney411 05-01-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raeolight (Post 48264118)
What is pop warner?

Very large cheerleader and football championship/convention and they take up huge blocks of rooms at the resorts.

poohbear13 05-01-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDisney411 (Post 46434809)
The October - December free dining discounts aren't usually released until July or August. And really the first week of December is usually blacked out for discounts, including free dining, because that's the week for Pop Warner. The last few years the December free dining dates didn't start until December 8 or 10 and your check in date has to fall within the free dining dates to apply it to your vacation package.

Pop Warner is confirmed for 12/7 - 12/14

TheDisney411 05-01-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poohbear13 (Post 48268587)

Pop Warner is confirmed for 12/7 - 12/14

Yes, I know. This thread is old and the post you quoted me in is from about 7 months ago, before this years official Pop Warner dates were released. I've since come back and adjusted the possible early December discounts based on that info.

trouttigger 05-03-2013 06:54 AM

I hope you're right

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDisney411 (Post 48263919)
October - December free dining dates won't be released until July, possibly August. My prediction, looking at past FD info and this years December events, I would say the December FD dates will be around Nov 30 - December 5 and December 14-19, give or take a day.

DH teaches college, and the semester runs late this year. :( I'm a little worried that he can't finish the last exam in time to take advantage of free dining. So, if it runs through those late December dates, we could swing it.

Wood Nymph 05-03-2013 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouttigger (Post 48285373)

DH teaches college, and the semester runs late this year. :( I'm a little worried that he can't finish the last exam in time to take advantage of free dining. So, if it runs through those late December dates, we could swing it.

I would not count on Disney offering free dining this December. The holiday season that comes between Thanksgiving and Christmas is one week shorter than last year, thereby compressing more people into a shorter window. The economy is getting better, the stock market has been up, and job reports indicate that those people who have jobs feel more secure in them then they have in recent years. And it seems like half the people who post in the December 2013 thread are traveling to WDW te first week of December.

It would be nice if Disney offered free dining but I really have major doubts about it. September is a really bad month to go to WDW so free dining makes sense for them. But December is really popular and the higher room rates reflect it. We were hoping for free dining in Feb and didn't get it. So historical trends don't mean a lot in this changing economy, in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

TheDisney411 05-03-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trouttigger (Post 48285373)

I work for a large Internet travel site and write a family discount travel blog for them, I haven't seen anything or heard anything from other travel industry friends that make me think they are totally canceling Free Dining for this timeframe yet. If they offer FD this year, those dates should be pretty close.