The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stateroom clocks on the Magic (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3006876)

HoustonMom1 10-12-2012 03:52 PM

Stateroom clocks on the Magic
 
I have read posts that some clocks are too bright and some too dim to see, but can't remember which ships the comments applied to. What are the Magic stateroom clocks like? thanks!

PrincessShmoo 10-12-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonMom1 (Post 46427426)
I have read posts that some clocks are too bright and some too dim to see, but can't remember which ships the comments applied to. What are the Magic stateroom clocks like? thanks!

The clocks are a roughly 4" cube. They have an iPod dock and a lot of buttons on top. One of these buttons can control the brightness of the display. I think there are like 3 different light levels as well as "off". When in the off position, if you press any button on top the display will light up for about 3 or 4 seconds and go off again.

They are really difficult to figure out how to change the time (for those cruises that you have to change the time) and how to get the iPod to play, but if you play around with it a bit, you can figure it out (sort of ;)).

AFAIK, the clocks are the same on all the ships.

:cutie:

HoustonMom1 10-12-2012 04:17 PM

Thanks for your detailed response!

jahber 10-12-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo

The clocks are a roughly 4" cube. They have an iPod dock and a lot of buttons on top. One of these buttons can control the brightness of the display. I think there are like 3 different light levels as well as "off". When in the off position, if you press any button on top the display will light up for about 3 or 4 seconds and go off again.

They are really difficult to figure out how to change the time (for those cruises that you have to change the time) and how to get the iPod to play, but if you play around with it a bit, you can figure it out (sort of ;)).

AFAIK, the clocks are the same on all the ships.

:cutie:

I think finally figured out changing the time/alarm! The clock has to be ON, which sounds obvious, but isn't. There's an on/off button on the top left. It doesn't turn off the display (why would an OFF button do that? That would make sense!). By experimenting with all the buttons I determined that when things weren't working I had the clock in the off position, but if I pushed the button it would turn "on" and I could change the time, alarm, and brightness. I don't remember it saying on or off on the display, thus the confusion.

HTH!

Capt_BJ 10-12-2012 04:36 PM

too bright?

unfold towel animal and apply to clock.

or

put under bed

niki2576 10-12-2012 04:50 PM

clock
 
This is good news becuase I read a post that said they only had analog clocks, the room was super dark, and it was reccommended to brong a clock on board with you!

YAY! One less thing to pack!

PrincessShmoo 10-12-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niki2576 (Post 46427964)
This is good news becuase I read a post that said they only had analog clocks, the room was super dark, and it was reccommended to brong a clock on board with you!

YAY! One less thing to pack!

That would be the old propeller clocks.

:cutie:

Momma2Jax 10-12-2012 06:48 PM

Of course, our room on the wonder in Sept had no clock whatsoever! So we left our phones on airplane mode to use for clocks

gigi1313 10-12-2012 06:51 PM

our clock on the fantasy was majorly bright, even in "dim" mode! i used a bandaid! i could peel it back when i needed to see the time, and reapply when i didn't want to know! it worked for us! :)

sdlong329 12-30-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niki2576 (Post 46427964)
This is good news becuase I read a post that said they only had analog clocks, the room was super dark, and it was reccommended to brong a clock on board with you!

YAY! One less thing to pack!

Interior rooms have no windows, so they do not let the dark out (light in)!
Oceanview rooms do not have as much exterior light leaking in (as compared to verandah) ... but remember, at night, there is not a whole lot of sunlight outside. That being said, consider turning on a bathroom light ... close the door. It provide enough light (escaping under the door) ... allowing you to walk through the stateroom at night, without stubbing your piggy-toes!
:banana:

Clock too bright? Turn it away from you (towards drapes or wall). Still too bright? Close your eyes! :)

PrincessShmoo 12-30-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdlong329 (Post 47027884)
Interior rooms have no windows, so they do not let the dark out (light in)!
Oceanview rooms do not have as much exterior light leaking in (as compared to verandah) ... but remember, at night, there is not a whole lot of sunlight outside. That being said, consider turning on a bathroom light ... close the door. It provide enough light (escaping under the door) ... allowing you to walk through the stateroom at night, without stubbing your piggy-toes!
:banana:

Clock too bright? Turn it away from you (towards drapes or wall). Still too bright? Close your eyes! :)

If the clock is too bright, you can use the dimmer button to dim it. There are 3 or 4 levels of brightness as well as "off".

:cutie:

jdb in AZ 12-30-2012 11:24 AM

We never could figure out how to keep changing the time so the room steward took care of it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.