The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Completed Trip Reports (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Just me against the World Ė A solo weekend trip to WDW Sept2012~ Updated:MK morning (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3006548)

DisNorth 10-12-2012 01:33 AM

Just me against the World Ė A solo weekend trip to WDW Sept2012~ Updated:MK morning
 
Hello, and welcome to my trip report. I took on WDW for the first time on a solo trip. There will be some very special guest stars, but that comes later.

Mostly itís all about meÖ.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...Trip/th_Me.jpg

Yes, thatís me. Iím a huge Disney lover, but had never been to WDW. I finally got the chance to add a visit on with a trip to the states. (Iím from Canada and so once you make it to the states travel is cheaper so it wasnít a heck of a lot more to add a side trip to Florida).

I hope you enjoy hearing about my trip (and be nice, this is my first TR).

DisNorth 10-12-2012 01:34 AM

Table of Contents
 
Dumbo

Pre-WDW, New York City

Arrival Day

Friday Morning - Animal Kingdom

Friday Afternoon/Night - MNSSHP

Saturday - Epcot

Saturday Night - DisMeet Garden Grove

msbiscuit 10-12-2012 02:00 AM

Sounds like fun! I'm in!

DisNorth 10-12-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbiscuit (Post 46421540)
Sounds like fun! I'm in!

Thanks for joining in. Hope you stick with me, it's going to be a little slow to start.

I've been going through my photo and I'm not impressed with the ones I took. I'm thinking I'm going to have to wait for photopass photos.

msbiscuit 10-12-2012 03:16 PM

No worries, I'm patient. :)
I had the same problem with the photos from my Pacific Coast cruise. I looked at my photos when I got home and they were all sort of 'meh'. Luckily some other DISers took some great photos!

StitchsGurl 10-12-2012 04:12 PM

I'm here too, and I'm from Canada as well! Yay!

DisNorth 10-13-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msbiscuit (Post 46427019)
No worries, I'm patient. :)
I had the same problem with the photos from my Pacific Coast cruise. I looked at my photos when I got home and they were all sort of 'meh'. Luckily some other DISers took some great photos!

Great you got some other photos:thumbsup2. Iím disappointed with my point and shoots performance, I kind of regret not packing my bigger camera around, but kind of not, because it is bulky.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StitchsGurl (Post 46427627)
I'm here too, and I'm from Canada as well! Yay!

Welcome, nice to see a fellow Canadian. And you leave soon on your trip!:cool1:

DisNorth 10-13-2012 12:53 PM

I was traveling solo but I had company. So I should probably introduce Dumbo! My totally awesome Disney Bag.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...Trip/MyBag.jpg

And here is a sneak peak of me and Dumbo during my trip.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...p/meandbag.jpg

Dumbo is an awesome travel friend!

DMGeurts 10-13-2012 01:26 PM

Yay!!! I am here!!! Glad I saw your siggy - or I would have missed it!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and all the fun things you did - people you met... :scratchin

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisNorth (Post 46434169)
I was traveling solo but I had company. So I should probably introduce Dumbo! My totally awesome Disney Bag.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...Trip/MyBag.jpg

And here is a sneak peak of me and Dumbo during my trip.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...p/meandbag.jpg

Dumbo is an awesome travel friend!

I am so glad you had a travel friend too, it's no fun to go totally solo... You two look like you had a lot of fun - and I love that picture of you with your Dumbo bag! :lovestruc

D~ <--- anxiously waiting for more. :surfweb:

DisNorth 10-15-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMGeurts (Post 46434377)
Yay!!! I am here!!! Glad I saw your siggy - or I would have missed it!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip and all the fun things you did - people you met... :scratchin



I am so glad you had a travel friend too, it's no fun to go totally solo... You two look like you had a lot of fun - and I love that picture of you with your Dumbo bag! :lovestruc

D~ <--- anxiously waiting for more. :surfweb:

Hi D! So glad you are here! Glad you like the photo there may be a few more of me and Dumbo along the way :scratchin

DisNorth 10-18-2012 12:25 AM

Thought I would share some photos of the pre-WDW part of my trip. Hopefully you all dont mind.
I was in New York City!!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...h_IMG_1381.jpg

The big apple is BIG and Busy but I had a great time.
I went to see Wicked, Lion King, and the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...h_101_3446.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...h_IMG_1930.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...h_IMG_1959.jpg

Of course I was in time Square.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...h_IMG_1255.jpg

Visited the Empire state building, I didnt go to the top, only the 86th floor.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33..._IMG_1275a.jpg

I had to stop by and visit the Lady of Liberty.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33..._IMG_1412a.jpg

I visited museums and central park and walked and walked and walked. Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y33...h_IMG_1601.jpg

New York was amazing, and It was super interesting and a lot of fun. But it also meant that when I got to WDW I already had sore feet and was ok with relaxing a bit and not going commando-style on touring WDW.

HelloMimi 10-18-2012 02:24 AM

I'm coming along for the ride too!

NGL, I'm not really a Dumbo fan, but that bag is TOO cute! :lovestruc

blessedmom4 10-18-2012 03:47 AM

Tracy, I am THRILLED you started your TR. ThanK you for letting me know! LOVE your Minnie Shirt, that would have been funny to name your TR that. :lmao: AWESOME start, love the pics and so happy you got to see so many wonderful NY sites! I can't wait for more! popcorn::popcorn::

DisNorth 10-18-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelloMimi (Post 46478208)
I'm coming along for the ride too!

NGL, I'm not really a Dumbo fan, but that bag is TOO cute! :lovestruc

Welcome! Glad you are here and yes, Dumbo is hard to resist!

Quote:

Originally Posted by blessedmom4 (Post 46478269)
Tracy, I am THRILLED you started your TR. ThanK you for letting me know! LOVE your Minnie Shirt, that would have been funny to name your TR that. :lmao: AWESOME start, love the pics and so happy you got to see so many wonderful NY sites! I can't wait for more! popcorn::popcorn::

So glad you are here Judy!! The Minnie shirt is awsome, I love it!

DisNorth 10-18-2012 08:40 AM

I'm seriously annoyed with photobucket. I edited my photos but they aren't showing up as edited.:confused3


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:58 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.