The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Trip Planning Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Some great news, have to share! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004957)

OrlandoMagic 10-09-2012 08:45 AM

Some great news, have to share!

Checked our online reservation for our upcoming cruise on the Disney Fantasy and we have been given an upgrade!

We had booked an outside stateroom with porthole window which was a category 9D but we have been upgraded to a category 5D which is an outside stateroom with veranda! :cool1:

Can't believe how lucky we are, would have cost us 600 is we had paid to upgrade!

Sorry, just had to share that with you all! :goodvibes

Vixster 10-09-2012 08:47 AM

Sounds great love it when that happens I was upgraded on a cruise in Europe have a great time

wayneg 10-09-2012 09:45 AM

Great news Simon. We were upgraded on our first Disney cruise. Unfortunately it was wasted on us, we used it about 10 minutes the whole 4 nights, just no time for it.

orangetiggs 10-09-2012 10:01 AM

We are looking at a cruise next year

Yay for the upgrade enjoy :-)

catherine 10-09-2012 10:46 AM

Wow, that's brilliant news, congratulations! :cool1::cool1:

skelfbsfb 10-09-2012 11:57 AM

Superb news. Have a great time.

Disneynutinlondon 10-09-2012 12:00 PM

thats fantastic ...... wonderful Disney magic :goodvibes

jns 10-09-2012 12:24 PM

Lucky you

have a great cruise

laura_<3 10-09-2012 03:49 PM

Great news on the upgrade!! :goodvibes

PJB71 10-09-2012 03:51 PM

Fantastic news congratulations:cool1:

OrlandoMagic 10-09-2012 04:07 PM

Thanks everyone, can't wait! :goodvibes

joolz1910 10-10-2012 04:59 AM

Great news! How exciting.:goodvibes

disneyholic family 10-10-2012 05:38 AM

DCL is having a lot of difficulty filling its ships...

our cruise next week was almost completely empty....then they offered verandah rooms to florida residents for practically free (for less than the cost of the food each day - it would cost people more to stay home than go on the ship)... now our cruise is maybe half full, but i don't even think it's made it to half yet....even with the giveaway..

i think DCL has to rethink its pricing policy if it wants to fill its ships during off season...

wayneg 10-10-2012 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyholic family (Post 46400495)
DCL is having a lot of difficulty filling its ships...

our cruise next week was almost completely empty....then they offered verandah rooms to florida residents for practically free (for less than the cost of the food each day - it would cost people more to stay home than go on the ship)... now our cruise is maybe half full, but i don't even think it's made it to half yet....even with the giveaway..

i think DCL has to rethink its pricing policy if it wants to fill its ships during off season...

With the cost I thought they were doing well. If what you say is true then they need to rethink very quickly before they lose too many long standing clients like us.
We sailed last year at a cost of $1,600, the same cruise, dates, cabin next year $4,279, OK it was cheaper when it was released but it was still over double what we paid.
I also looked at 4 night cruise next month, DCL 479pp, RCCL same dates 179pp Disney are good but not worth 3 times the price.

There isn't a chance they will get me back onboard if the prices stay so high.

disneyholic family 10-10-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayneg

With the cost I thought they were doing well. If what you say is true then they need to rethink very quickly before they lose too many long standing clients like us.
We sailed last year at a cost of $1,600, the same cruise, dates, cabin next year $4,279, OK it was cheaper when it was released but it was still over double what we paid.
I also looked at 4 night cruise next month, DCL 479pp, RCCL same dates 179pp Disney are good but not worth 3 times the price.

There isn't a chance they will get me back onboard if the prices stay so high.

Their pricing is insane.
And all four ships have had deep last minute discounting - though less on the fantasy than the other 3
I priced RCCL for the same week this year and it was so much cheaper but I had a non refundable deposit floating around in DCL so I booked us on DCL for next week
But I have us reserved on oasis of the seas next year at much less for a comparable cabin.
Chani went on RCCL this summer and was very pleasantly surprised with how great the cruise was and how good the customer service was.
They've turned her into a loyal rccl customer!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards