The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Weddings and Honeymoons (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Tell me everything you know about Rix Lounge! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004716)

SarahFarra 10-08-2012 06:07 PM

Tell me everything you know about Rix Lounge!

The bug has been put in my ear about a wedding ceremony at Rix Lounge in Coronado Springs and now I'm kind of obsessed to learn more! I also saw this post on Magical Day Weddings and was blown away with how beautiful it is!

http://magicaldayweddings.com/corona...drea-thomas-2/

This is pretty much all I know. Have you gotten married there? What was your experience?

Thanks! :goodvibes

SarahFarra 10-09-2012 09:54 AM

Apparently weddings at Rix isn't a real popular choice? Haha

lurkyloo 10-09-2012 02:06 PM

I have a ton of pictures, I just need to get them uploaded for you. :thumbsup2
  • There are no venue fees or room-night minimums, just food and beverage minimums of $2,000 for Las Ventanas, the room adjacent to the main bar area; $7,000 for half of Rix Lounge; or $15,000 for the entire lounge and Las Ventanas.
  • 6.5% sales tax and a 21% service fee
  • A $250 “wedding specialization” fee covers the cake cutting, a free bottle of Champagne for the bride and groom, and the administration costs
  • The ceremony fee of $1,000 covers the cost of turning Las Ventanas from a ceremony venue into a reception venue while you and your guests enjoy a cocktail hour next door in Rix Lounge.
  • Only food and beverage (excluding wedding cake) must be provided by Rix—all other services are provided by outside vendors. Rix has a list of preferred vendors, but there is no fee for choosing your own, with the exception of $100/hour (3-hour minimum) for bringing in a DJ not on the preferred list.

SarahFarra 10-09-2012 02:33 PM

Thank you!

Do you know if we were to just want to do a ceremony there if they'd let us and if so, would we still have to meet the $2000 food/bev minimum? Not sure how we'd do that as its just a ceremony. :-/

clarabella 10-09-2012 04:06 PM

This looks like an affordable and gorgeous looking venue

SarahFarra 10-09-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clarabella
This looks like an affordable and gorgeous looking venue

I know, doesn't it? I just haven't been able to find much on it. I have the PassPorters Disney Weddings book and looked all through it and couldn't find anything. Maybe though if I had the e-book version it would show something.

ShanaMouse 10-09-2012 06:26 PM

I looked into Rix when we were first deciding on venues for the wedding and I loved the way it looked and the vibe it had. Unfortunately I didn't have a great experience with two of the event coordinators there so that deterred me from working with them. instead i went with the swan and dolphin. Otherwise it's a great price for the venue!!

lurkyloo 10-09-2012 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahFarra (Post 46395992)
I know, doesn't it? I just haven't been able to find much on it. I have the PassPorters Disney Weddings book and looked all through it and couldn't find anything. Maybe though if I had the e-book version it would show something.

The two most recent versions of the e-book have info on and photos of Rix Lounge, along with Shades of Green and the Swan & Dolphin, in a separate chapter. If you've already purchased the e-book you can download the latest version for free by logging back into your order. :thumbsup2

MickeysStarTrader 10-11-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SarahFarra (Post 46394605)
Thank you!

Do you know if we were to just want to do a ceremony there if they'd let us and if so, would we still have to meet the $2000 food/bev minimum? Not sure how we'd do that as its just a ceremony. :-/

They do let you have just the ceremony there and I believe that if you do that you don't have to pay the $250 specialization fee if you're not having a cake cutting. You could add your cake cutting to your ceremony and pay the $250 however and then it would be a more similar setup to Escape weddings. If you just have a ceremony you would not have to meet the $2,000 F&B mins princess:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurkyloo (Post 46394332)
I have a ton of pictures, I just need to get them uploaded for you. :thumbsup2

I would love to see these too please Carrie!! :goodvibes

SarahFarra 10-13-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MickeysStarTrader

They do let you have just the ceremony there and I believe that if you do that you don't have to pay the $250 specialization fee if you're not having a cake cutting. You could add your cake cutting to your ceremony and pay the $250 however and then it would be a more similar setup to Escape weddings. If you just have a ceremony you would not have to meet the $2,000 F&B mins princess:

I would love to see these too please Carrie!! :goodvibes

This seems like a great option! I second the photos too Carrie! :)

MickeysStarTrader 10-13-2012 02:06 PM

I forgot to explicitly say though that the cake cutting includes a bottle of champagne for the bride and groom (worth $200) and the labor costs of having staff get plates, cut the cake, serve it, etc. It DOES NOT include the cake itself, you would need to organize that with either your own choice of vendor or one of Rix Lounge's preferred vendors. Just to clarify :thumbsup2

lurkyloo 10-19-2012 01:46 PM

OK, I dug up all my shots of Rix Lounge and posted them here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney...os/rix-lounge/

I included a section at the bottom with photos of Las Ventanas, the ceremony location, plus some shots of a patio that's across the hall from the exterior door to Las Ventanas. I don't know if they ever do functions out there, but it seems like a natural fit and is quite attractive.

MickeysStarTrader 10-20-2012 04:48 AM

Thanks so much Carrie! Those photos are awesome! :cheer2: that patio area outside Las Ventanas looks like a really great place, I had never seen pictures of that area before. I know they do events at Laguna Patio and I think maybe there's another one, I can't remember without looking in my wedding binder. Not sure if the patio pictured is Laguna? :confused3

lurkyloo 10-21-2012 04:58 PM

Laguna Patio is the one on the lake, where the bar is:

http://www.oyster.com/orlando/hotels...ars--v660744/#

At one time they were saying you could see Epcot's fireworks from there, but I checked it out with the bartenders, and they say no.