The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Trip Planning Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   packing list? to do list? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004429)

disneyholic family 10-08-2012 09:47 AM

packing list? to do list?
 
only a few days to go and i'm starting to freak out!! :eek:
yeah, i know...i've done this trip a bazillion times, but still i'm terrified i'm going to forget something..

anyone have a packing list they'd like to share?

i'm working on my to do list, packing list and cheat sheet right now.

chmurf 10-08-2012 11:03 AM

Did you have a look at allears' packing list ?
http://allears.net/pl/pack.htm

or the ultimate packing list to download (pdf or doc) from mouse for less

http://www.themouseforless.com/downl...kingList.shtml

or the one from mousesavers ?

http://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disn...world/#packing

joolz1910 10-08-2012 11:16 AM

Top of my list are:

Passports
Money/credit or debit cards
ESTAS
Driving License
Glasses
Confirmation print-outs
Medication

I wish someone would do my packing!

Kath2003 10-08-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disneyholic family (Post 46382252)
only a few days to go and i'm starting to freak out!! :eek:
yeah, i know...i've done this trip a bazillion times, but still i'm terrified i'm going to forget something..

anyone have a packing list they'd like to share?

i'm working on my to do list, packing list and cheat sheet right now.

We pack very, very little.

4-5 days of clothes. Wear the heavy/warm stuff.
2 swimsuits.
Sunglasses and hat.
2 pairs of shoes, wear the bigger pair on the plane.
1 USB charger with the cables for phone, iPad, iPod, camera.
Toothbrushes & 1 travel sized toothpaste.
Hair brush with hair bands wrapped around the handle
Makeup (essentials only - tinted moisturiser, lip balm and mascara)
First aid kit (take the stuff out of the boxes, just cut out dosages from the packages, saves a ton of space)
Day bag (tiny) for going out and about.
Phone
iPad
iPod
Camera
Purse with small amount of dollars + credit card + park tickets + bus tickets
Passport
Document wallet with copies of flight reservation and hotel reservation and ESTA printout
Pen

That's it. Typically it would fit in an average backpack with about 50% of the space free. We buy a book and snacks at the airport.

My to do list would be to:
1. write all the information up on one document (flight times and eticket numbers, hotel booking references etc) - email it to myself and a family member.
2. Clean the house!

OhanaSam 10-08-2012 02:19 PM

That ultimate list is terrifying, who needs that much stuff!:crazy2:

chmurf 10-08-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhanaSam (Post 46385051)
That ultimate list is terrifying, who needs that much stuff!:crazy2:

I guess it's mainly designed for US guests who are DVC members, drive down to WDW and pack their whole house in their SUV

this being said, I'm sure I'd be able to forget something, even packing every item on that list twice :rotfl:

disneyholic family 10-08-2012 05:07 PM

thanks everyone - your answers were VERY helpful!!!!! :thumbsup2

disneyholic family 10-08-2012 05:08 PM

sunglasses!!! i forgot to put them on the list - i can't drive without them!!!

i still need them here, but i'll put them in my carry on just before the flight!

disneyholic family 10-08-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joolz1910 (Post 46383117)
Top of my list are:

Passports
Money/credit or debit cards
ESTAS
Driving License
Glasses
Confirmation print-outs
Medication

I wish someone would do my packing!


i just remembered, i forgot to get my international drivers license....
i'll have to do that tomorrow!!

disneyholic family 10-09-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kath2003 (Post 46383690)
We pack very, very little.

4-5 days of clothes. Wear the heavy/warm stuff.
2 swimsuits.
Sunglasses and hat.
2 pairs of shoes, wear the bigger pair on the plane.
1 USB charger with the cables for phone, iPad, iPod, camera.
Toothbrushes & 1 travel sized toothpaste.
Hair brush with hair bands wrapped around the handle
Makeup (essentials only - tinted moisturiser, lip balm and mascara)
First aid kit (take the stuff out of the boxes, just cut out dosages from the packages, saves a ton of space)
Day bag (tiny) for going out and about.
Phone
iPad
iPod
Camera
Purse with small amount of dollars + credit card + park tickets + bus tickets
Passport
Document wallet with copies of flight reservation and hotel reservation and ESTA printout
Pen

That's it. Typically it would fit in an average backpack with about 50% of the space free. We buy a book and snacks at the airport.

My to do list would be to:
1. write all the information up on one document (flight times and eticket numbers, hotel booking references etc) - email it to myself and a family member.
2. Clean the house!


sounds very much like my typical list, but without that last item!!!! house cleaning???? :eek:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.