The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   When traveling with others can you board together? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004128)

Donna M 10-07-2012 05:51 PM

When traveling with others can you board together?
 
Our friends are in a higher level "club?" than us but we're traveling together. Since they can check in earlier than us, can we tag along for boarding or will we have to wait since our number will most likely be for later.

Do we need to call DCL and make sure it's noted that we're together so we're eating at the same table? Or should they know this from booking adjoining rooms?

PrincessShmoo 10-07-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donna M (Post 46376591)
Our friends are in a higher level "club?" than us but we're traveling together. Since they can check in earlier than us, can we tag along for boarding or will we have to wait since our number will most likely be for later.

Do we need to call DCL and make sure it's noted that we're together so we're eating at the same table? Or should they know this from booking adjoining rooms?

DCL suggests for those parties that have different Port Arrival Times, that, if you wish to board together, you arrive at the later time. Now, if the earliest time you have is after, say, 12:30, it's sort of a moot point. Around 12:30-1:00 they announce Open Boarding, you may board when you wish, regardless of your boarding number (which is linked to your Port Arrival Time, and that you receive at checkin at the port).

If your reservations are linked, you will be seated together for dinner. Just having adjoining rooms (next to each other) won't necessarily mean you are linked. If you're unsure if you are linked, just give DCL a call and make sure.

:cutie:

wildel1021 10-07-2012 06:40 PM

I am a platinum castaway member and have had both silver and gold members check in with us at the platinum desk and board with us.

jdb in AZ 10-07-2012 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildel1021 (Post 46376996)
I am a platinum castaway member and have had both silver and gold members check in with us at the platinum desk and board with us.

Were they friends or family, and how long ago was it? Rumor has it that DCL is trying to crack down on the mere-mortal passengers boarding with the aristocrats.

Donna M 10-07-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdb in AZ (Post 46377074)
Were they friends or family, and how long ago was it? Rumor has it that DCL is trying to crack down on the mere-mortal passengers boarding with the aristocrats.



:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:


We're part of the rif raf!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.