The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Adult costumes ok preparty? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004039)

SEC71 10-07-2012 02:10 PM

Adult costumes ok preparty?

We are going to the Halloween party tomorrow night, will Didney let us enter tomorrow morning as Indy Jones and Marion Ravenwood? I am trying to avoid going back to the room to change. I know it won't be an issue for my child to wear her princess dress but I wasn't sure about adults.

mesaboy2 10-07-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEC71 (Post 46374623)
We are going to the Halloween party tomorrow night, will Didney let us enter tomorrow morning as Indy Jones and Marion Ravenwood? I am trying to avoid going back to the room to change. I know it won't be an issue for my child to wear her princess dress but I wasn't sure about adults.

Shouldn't be a problem at MK any day of the party.

Vixster 10-07-2012 02:23 PM

I didn't think you would be allowed until 4pm are you not able to put costume in your bag

DisDad72 10-07-2012 02:24 PM

I guess my first question is are you staying on property? If so you might actually want to consider going back to the resort for a little down time. I personally don't go to the park in the morning of the Halloween party because they will let you in to the park for it at 4pm. You also need to think about the fact of walking around the park for 16 hours if you go at opening in a costume which will be heavier than your regular shorts and T-shirt fare. Trust me as some one who has been to WDWR 51 times, to go to the park for that long straight will leave you worn out and at the end just wishing you could teleport to your room. So if you go to the park in the morning wear your normal clothing and plan on going back to your room around 1pm (assuming your staying on property). Take the time to rest up, grab a bite to eat, maybe go for a swim then head back to the park for the 4pm entrance for the party. You will be happy you did and will enjoy the day a whole lot more.

PRINCESS VIJA 10-07-2012 02:46 PM

we brought our costumes with us and rented a locker. Just before the party we went to change

TheRustyScupper 10-07-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixster (Post 46374711)
I didn't think you would be allowed until 4pm . . .

Correct.

cyndik1111 10-07-2012 05:44 PM

I HATE this argument. The truth is actually...... no one knows for sure.
I actually called WDW on 3 different occasions and was given 3 different answers.

So plan for the worst and hope for the best!

mesaboy2 10-07-2012 05:50 PM

I say again, you will likely be able to wear your costumes well before 4:00p on a party day in MK, if not all day.

Phone CMs do not know this answer.

Alesia 10-07-2012 05:52 PM

They might let you in. Technically, they're not supposed to, but they might.

I would just bring them and store them in a locker. Being in a costume all day and night is not nearly as much fun as you would think.

SEC71 10-08-2012 12:55 PM

I decided to take my costume, my husband wore his complete with holster and toy pistol and no one said anything. We entered the park about 10 am.

mesaboy2 10-08-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sec71 (Post 46383567)
i decided to take my costume, my husband wore his complete with holster and toy pistol and no one said anything. We entered the park about 10 am.

ITYS. ;)

Have a fun time!

Cannot_Wait_4Disney 10-08-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEC71 (Post 46374623)

There is no problem as long as the costume meets guidelines.