The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   New Blog: Rumor Mill: The Executive, Avatar, and Downtown Disney Shuffle (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004019)

zulemara 10-07-2012 01:40 PM

New Blog: Rumor Mill: The Executive, Avatar, and Downtown Disney Shuffle
 
Now that the blog is back to normal,
http://www.disunplugged.com/2012/10/...isney-shuffle/

MJMcBride 10-07-2012 08:55 PM

I am just hoping avatarland dies on the vine. I much prefer Australia pandas and the adventurers club

zulemara 10-08-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMcBride (Post 46378311)
I am just hoping avatarland dies on the vine. I much prefer Australia pandas and the adventurers club

yeah the fan community seems pretty mixed. You have people who enjoyed the movies and thus want to see it brought to life, then you have the people upset it's a non Disney franchise being incorporated when they have so many available to them(carsland) and pretty much everywhere in between.

I think if they do it right it could be really cool. Look at Splash Mountain...how many people have actually seen that movie? Your average Disney fan doesn't even know what movie it's based on, yet it's considered a classic. My fear, if they even do it at all, is that they are going to go cheap with it. I just personally don't trust TDO to spend the money and do it right. Of course that's my thinking with a lot of things...could wishes or illuminations be updated? Sure, if I could trust them to make it better, but all I imagine is a scaled down show with less pyrotechnics being rebranded as something new.

Anyway, they still haven't broken down or released even a single piece of concept art and I think that's pretty telling at this point. Yet, while most people were at EPCOT's 30th, a lead art designer from Carsland was poking around DHS from what I read on another board.

MJMcBride 10-08-2012 07:55 AM

The other thing is about moving FOTLK. Are they moving that because avatar land is definite. Or are they moving that because no matter what Disney wants to add attractions at the front of the park away from animal exhibits to add hours

zulemara 10-08-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJMcBride (Post 46380814)
The other thing is about moving FOTLK. Are they moving that because avatar land is definite. Or are they moving that because no matter what Disney wants to add attractions at the front of the park away from animal exhibits to add hours

That's a very good point, but either way, they shouldn't move it until it has a replacement theatre built and it looks like they will close it before a replacement has even broken ground. That doesn't bode well, they don't exactly have a good track record for closing and following through on their "plans"

MJMcBride 10-08-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulemara

That's a very good point, but either way, they shouldn't move it until it has a replacement theatre built and it looks like they will close it before a replacement has even broken ground. That doesn't bode well, they don't exactly have a good track record for closing and following through on their "plans"

True the lion king show is very popular

truck1 10-10-2012 11:06 AM

From talking to someone who works over at the theatre, the plan to close FOTLK to move or permanantly close, never got past the discussion phase. If anything were to occur with FOTLK, then the replacment pavillion would be built and the show moved without interuption, due to its popularity. The original plan was to close the show, take down and move the exisiting theatre to a new piece of land, then continue on with the show. Afaik, that plan has been pretty much been scrapped.

TheRustyScupper 10-10-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zulemara (Post 46379920)
. . . Look at Splash Mountain...how many people have actually seen that movie? Your average Disney fan doesn't even know what movie it's based on, yet it's considered a classic . . .

I actually have a copy of Song of the South.

MJMcBride 10-10-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper

I actually have a copy of Song of the South.

Never seen it. What do you think?

What makes song of the south south different from Avatar is of course the fact that are not disney. Some of the self as a Disney connection which makes it different for Disney fans. I think the average Disney fan does those characters are Disney characters whether or not they saw the movie

DisneyDetective 10-11-2012 05:57 AM

I'm just not an Avatar fan so I def don't want it built. In regards to DTD, I'd wish they would just make up their minds about what's happening to Pleasuse Island as currently it looks abandoned.

franchescadisney 10-27-2012 04:37 PM

Me and my family love FOTLK and would hate to see it replaced with something that does not even seem Disney! :sad2:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.