The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   UK Trip Planning Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Virgin Online Check In (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003859)

hogwartsdropout 10-07-2012 03:27 AM

Virgin Online Check In

What do you do about checking in online with Virgin on the way back to the UK? How many hours in advance can you check in, where do you print boarding passes if staying at a Disney resort, and is there a higher possibility of getting the seats you reserved?

Thanks!

Elise79 10-07-2012 03:33 AM

It's 24 hours in advance. I use the app on my iPhone and collect boarding passes at the airport.

hogwartsdropout 10-07-2012 04:12 AM

Excellent, thank you!

Disneynutinlondon 10-08-2012 04:08 PM

I did our online check in on my blackberry using the VA mobile website whilst having dinner last night at Teppan Edo in EPCOT ...... the Disney wifi worked a treat. The Virgin staff printed out our boarding cards when we used the Downtown Disney check in this morning

hogwartsdropout 10-09-2012 12:22 PM

A follow up from this thread..

The reason I asked is because my sister and her DH are at Disney right now and on the way out they didn't do OLCI with Virgin and they ended up not getting their reserved seats. They think the reason is because they didn't do the OLCI because everyone else on their transfer did do OLCI and all got their reserved seats. I'm not sure about this theory because I've got my reserved seats ok without doing OLCI but anyway...

She has downloaded the VA app and there is no option to print out the boarding passes at the airport? Her DH doesn't want to leave their luggage at DTD so I'm guessing they wont print off their boarding passes either?

There is an option for them to scan their boarding passes from their mobile at the airport, has anyone done this and how easy is it?

PJB71 10-09-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon (Post 46386262)
I did our online check in on my blackberry using the VA mobile website whilst having dinner last night at Teppan Edo in EPCOT ...... the Disney wifi worked a treat. The Virgin staff printed out our boarding cards when we used the Downtown Disney check in this morning

OMG Isabel I can't believe your coming home:scared:

Hope you had a fantastic time:thumbsup2

Trevski220 10-09-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hogwartsdropout
A follow up from this thread..

The reason I asked is because my sister and her DH are at Disney right now and on the way out they didn't do OLCI with Virgin and they ended up not getting their reserved seats. They think the reason is because they didn't do the OLCI because everyone else on their transfer did do OLCI and all got their reserved seats. I'm not sure about this theory because I've got my reserved seats ok without doing OLCI but anyway...

She has downloaded the VA app and there is no option to print out the boarding passes at the airport? Her DH doesn't want to leave their luggage at DTD so I'm guessing they wont print off their boarding passes either?

There is an option for them to scan their boarding passes from their mobile at the airport, has anyone done this and how easy is it?

Yes to keep your seat requests you need to do online check in more than 13 hours before your flight, I used the mobile Harding passes on iPhone on my way out here and also on 2 internal flights this week with no problems at all!

igk 10-11-2012 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disneynutinlondon (Post 46386262)

By funny coincidence we will be having our final dinner at Teppan Edo and was wondering what to do about OLCI - glad to hear the Wifi is good there!

LisaStockman 10-11-2012 03:48 PM

So when you say to keep your reserved seats you need to do the OLCI, I was told when I booked my flight for next May that its not possible to reserve seats til 24hours before the flight?
Is this correct?

KayTom 10-12-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaStockman (Post 46417284)
So when you say to keep your reserved seats you need to do the OLCI, I was told when I booked my flight for next May that its not possible to reserve seats til 24hours before the flight?
Is this correct?

Are you flying with Virgin?

If so, you can reserve your seats online 90 days before your flight and then you just need to do online check-in to keep them and make sure they aren't handed over to somebody else xx