The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney for Families (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Which stroller? BOB, City Elite, MB or P&T (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003852)

Southernswthrt 10-07-2012 03:18 AM

Which stroller? BOB, City Elite, MB or P&T

We'll be in WDW in December and need a stroller for 20 month old. We will have our own car, so no buses for us. We have a Schwinn Turisimo jogging stroller at home so want something similar, preferably with the child tray if possible.

Would love to bring the Schwinn but don't want to fly with it. Which one would you rent?

Love the BOB but is it too big and bulky?
Do not like the City Mini's or GT's, but assume the City Elite is bigger and better and still easy to fold?
Heard great things about MP and P&T, but no personal experience/preference.

TIA

RachaelA 10-07-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southernswthrt (Post 46371433)
We'll be in WDW in December and need a stroller for 20 month old. We will have our own car, so no buses for us. We have a Schwinn Turisimo jogging stroller at home so want something similar, preferably with the child tray if possible.

Would love to bring the Schwinn but don't want to fly with it. Which one would you rent?

Do not like the City Mini's or GT's, but assume the City Elite is bigger and better and still easy to fold?

TIA

Why don't you like the Mini GT? I found the Elite to be huge and bulky. It still is a smooth ride and folds up easy, but its so much heavier than the Mini GT. We owned an Elite and returned it for the Mini GT. If you think the Bob might be big and bulky then the Elite will be big and bulky.

I don't have any experiences with the other ones so hopefully someone else can give you some advice on them.

Good luck picking one! :)

CanuckTraveller 10-07-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Southernswthrt (Post 46371433)

TIA

I have a BOB revolution, it would be similar to your current jogging stroller. It does look big, but handles well and if you have the front wheel set to swivel it has a fairly small footprint...for a jogging stroller. I don't know the City or MP (I originally thought you meant Mountain Buggy :)). The P&T is similar but I would pick the BOB any day over P&T, mainly for the durability. The BOB child tray is screwed into the infant car seat bar, so you have to lift the child over it every time. I'd ask when renting if they have the tray attached. FYI the BOB is not all that easy to fold, the top flips down then you pull a cord under the seat to make it fold flat. It doesn't stay folded on it's own, but if you take off all the wheels (rear are quick release, front is like the front wheel of a bicycle) the frame fits easily at my son's feet in my Camry.

arthuruscg 10-07-2012 11:18 PM

The yellow leash is perfect for tieing the bob closed.
You well get use to the folding action really quickly and eventually you don't have to stop walking to the buss. The wife grabbed ds and the diaper bag (over the handlebar). And i grab the extra supplies bag from under the seat. The bob will keep rolling with the handle folded as you grab the red strap. We even had a bus driver comment that the wife and I were like a Nascar put crew.
Plus if you have the space when you step off the buss, you can do a cool wrist flick and the whole thing will fully open. With the sun shade down.

LilnStitchy 10-08-2012 01:00 AM

I had a city elite and it was a dream. I have the p&t navigator and love it because it's a tandem double stroller. If I didn't need a double I'd go with the city elite. You can't beat the ease of fold even with the supposed one handed fold of the new p&ts. Too bad baby jogger doesn't make a tandem jogging stroller.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

badblackpug 10-08-2012 08:42 AM

We had a BOB. I loved that stroller. It handles like a dream and the ride is smooth. It is big, but since you are using your own car that won't be a problem.

DisneyDreamer1117 10-08-2012 09:08 AM

Do not use

Whatever you do, do NOT go through Magic Strollers company. We just ordered from them and we reserved a rain cover since it's Florida and we live close, so we knew what to expect. However, they didn't provide us with one and then our stroller got soaked. When we asked what to do they said buy some ponchos and we will refund you the money, the guy is giving us a hard time about refunding our money now. It was like $10 cheaper than one of the other places that we saw so we used them and now of course you get what you pay for. I would not suggest them for ANYONE!!!

We had the City Mini Double (I think that's what it was called) and the storage space underneath was horrible... that was my opinion.

abreynol 10-08-2012 09:19 AM

We plan to use our BOB. It is large, but maneuvers in a crowd easily and can lay pretty flat for naps...plus has a large canopy. I plan to use the bus system, even with the stroller. I'll hold the little one and the bigger ones hand....DH will hold the stroller! If it's annoying, we will drive after that. ;) I did buy a stroller lock and plan to decorate it so I know it is ours! Wouldn't want a $400 stroller stolen!

arthuruscg 10-08-2012 09:41 AM

I found it easier to hold onto in the buss if i locked the front wheel swivel.

Southernswthrt 10-08-2012 11:43 PM

Thanks for the replies. I think you have convinced me to rent the BOB but now with who???

Like the price at BRU, but not sure if they offer the same level of service as the others. Looks like Kingdom also rents BOB's and the new place Discount Stroller Rentals...

Shanna-like-Banana 10-09-2012 08:45 AM

We rented the BOB last time and I can't believe I had been pushing around our "home" stroller for all those years.

You can push that thing with your pinkie finger !

we went to BuyBuy Baby and BRU to check them out and see how they really work, there was no doubt about the BOB

arthuruscg 10-09-2012 09:35 AM

For the first time Bob users, always keep a hand on the stroller even when you are standing in one place. The stroller will always pivot and roll down hill. It rolls so easy, even when you think the ground is "flat" it will start to roll away.

Lets just say, I have had to go chasing after my son a few times.