The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC Member Services (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   dining plan and multiple families (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003821)

twooley2 10-06-2012 10:50 PM

dining plan and multiple families

if we have 2 families on one reservation in a 2 bedroom will they divide up our meal plans so one family does not accidently spend more than their alloted meal entitlements or do they have to be grouped all together? additionally We only want charging priviledges on our cards not on the other families cards so how could we do this when we all are on the dining plan but want to go our own ways for touring sometimes and for meals seperatley

vicki_c 10-06-2012 11:19 PM

All credits for a room will be on all cards, so you will have to keep track yourself.

twooley2 10-06-2012 11:33 PM

thanks that is what I was thinking but hoping otherwise

CRobin 10-07-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twooley2
if we have 2 families on one reservation in a 2 bedroom will they divide up our meal plans so one family does not accidently spend more than their alloted meal entitlements or do they have to be grouped all together? additionally We only want charging priviledges on our cards not on the other families cards so how could we do this when we all are on the dining plan but want to go our own ways for touring sometimes and for meals seperatley

You can specify charging privileges for certain room cards and not have them allowed for others.

Have never used the dining plan, but I believe the "pool" of meals / snacks is specific to a card and not counted as part of a larger group.

At least that's what I observe when I am waiting to buy a cup of coffee and I watch a lady frantically juggling room keys at Boardwalk Bakery to get those last "I paid for them!" snacks before boarding ME. LOL.

Dean 10-07-2012 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRobin (Post 46371610)
Have never used the dining plan, but I believe the "pool" of meals / snacks is specific to a card and not counted as part of a larger group.

At least that's what I observe when I am waiting to buy a cup of coffee and I watch a lady frantically juggling room keys at Boardwalk Bakery to get those last "I paid for them!" snacks before boarding ME. LOL.

Unless there have been recent changes, the credits are pooled from all cards for a single room so any one person could spend all credits if they so chose (I know of situations where one person used most credits due to lack of understanding of how the DP works). If they were worrying which card was which they were either doing so for no reason, had multiple rooms so the cards were different plans or added people to the room so their cards didn't work with the DP.

cvjw 10-07-2012 08:13 AM

We took another family with us last year, and paid for the dining plan for all of us. All of our credits were available on any of the 7 room cards. Anyone could have used up all of the credits at any time. We explained how the credits worked, and didn't have any trouble keeping everything straight and fair.

Sandisw 10-07-2012 08:59 AM

We had that situation last summer with one group. I simply made everyone a little card that had the number of TS, CS, and snacks listed. We were there 3 nights, so I had TS listed 3 times, CS 3 times, and SN listed 3 times. When they used something, they crossed it out on the card. It was the size of the KTTW card so they kept it with it...very easy and simple to do.

twooley2 10-07-2012 10:42 AM

Would u happen to still have a copy of the card you made up for the party to keep up with rheir counts

DenLo 10-07-2012 01:03 PM

Both families can submit separate credit cards to be applied to any or all of the cards for their own family members. Or one family can have charging to the room privileges, while the other family pays with a credit card or cash for all their spending.

TDC Nala 10-07-2012 03:28 PM

Charging privileges have nothing to do with the dining plan. If you're all on the same reservation all your dining credits will be pooled. There is no way to separate them within the same reservation.

Donna M 10-07-2012 04:31 PM

Be careful of on-line check-in

If you plan to do online check-in, don't supply your credit card. If you do, then all adults in your unit will have charging privileges on their cards using your account. You'll have to add charging to your card when you get to the resort.

C

Sandisw 10-07-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twooley2 (Post 46373513)
Would u happen to still have a copy of the card you made up for the party to keep up with rheir counts

Wasn't anything fancy--just cut a piece of tag board to that size and then typed out the letters on a mailing label and stuck it to it.

disneynutz 10-07-2012 06:53 PM

Remember the posts a couple of years ago where the Uncle used the TS credits to buy himself a couple of extra hamburgers. The Family didn't find out about it until they came up short of credits after an expensive meal. :scared1:

You can have the resort Concierge print out your credits a couple of times during your stay to keep track of your spending.

:earsboy: Bill