The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Disney Magic Renovations (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003792)

clairedy6 10-06-2012 08:54 PM

Disney Magic Renovations
 
We will be cruising to Europe in July of 2013 on the Magic. I've heard that they've been renovating a few rooms here and there before the dry dock.. so when will the ship be going into dry dock? Will it be before or after our trip? Will they do any more renos before the dry dock/before July? Thanks.. any info would be appreciated

Bonniec 10-06-2012 08:55 PM

After.

My cruise is the first one after dry dock and it's October 20th. Not sure about anything done prior.

clairedy6 10-06-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonniec (Post 46370133)
After.

My cruise is the first one after dry dock and it's October 20th. Not sure about anything done prior.

Thanks, do you know what will be done to it?

Bonniec 10-06-2012 09:25 PM

Nope. And I REALLY want to know since I'll be on that cruise right after! I wish I knew when they'll make an announcement.

tajz90 10-06-2012 09:27 PM

I wish we would have new bedding for the Euro Cruises ;)

kcashner 10-06-2012 09:29 PM

The Magic has several weeks of unscheduled time at the end of the Med cruises in 2013, which end with reservations for port in Madeira and Gibraltar. We are all guessing that this time will be dry dock.

On our last DCL cruise (Fantasy) the dining staff told us that the Magic was to have Topsiders remodeled into something resembling Cabanas and the housekeeping staff told us that all cabins were being gutted and completely refurbished. We did find this a little odd as on our 2011 Magic cruise they were swapping out bathtubs and other facilities in some cabins.

clairedy6 10-06-2012 09:42 PM

Thanks for all the info everyone! kind of wish these renovations were being done before our Med cruise, but oh well I'm sure the ship is still very beautiful! maybe those random cabin renovations I heard about will be finished by our trip..

PrincessShmoo 10-06-2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairedy6 (Post 46370415)
Thanks for all the info everyone! kind of wish these renovations were being done before our Med cruise, but oh well I'm sure the ship is still very beautiful! maybe those random cabin renovations I heard about will be finished by our trip..

And, you can always book another cruise on the Magic while onboard :scratchin

:cutie:

mindelmouse 10-07-2012 04:59 AM

I was told on my cruise last week, that indeed the Magic would be in drydock after the Med cruises and the reason they don't have a westbound back to the US is so they have that time to finish anything that wasn't completed in drydock. Gives them some buffer room.

woody73 10-07-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairedy6 (Post 46370119)

We will be cruising to Europe in July of 2013 on the Magic. . .

Will they do any more renos before the dry dock/before July?

Years ago, I sailed on the Magic on the last cruise before a dry dock.

During that cruise, there was lots of prep-work done onboard, such as laying plywood on the floors and lining the elevators with plywood.

Woody

kcashner 10-07-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindelmouse (Post 46371593)
I was told on my cruise last week, that indeed the Magic would be in drydock after the Med cruises and the reason they don't have a westbound back to the US is so they have that time to finish anything that wasn't completed in drydock. Gives them some buffer room.

This is one rumor. Another is that they have not yet been able to confirm the dry dock dates (although they have a window booked) and will add a WBTA when they have more info from the shipyard as to exactly what will have been completed.

I spoke with a shoreside reservations person (OK, in fairness, tried to pump for info), and the comment made was "Well, they won't sail her back empty if there is any way she is fit for guests at that time."

truck1 10-07-2012 02:07 PM

Another option is that they are going to do prep work like gutting Topsiders, on the return to the US and have her dd somewhere either in Freeport or BAE Systems in Va. (Her last dd was in Freeport. A deal could have been worked out with the yard over the issues that arose from her last dd there)If she goes directly to either of the above,empty shed save at least a day in port offloading guests. Plus gives them a 4 day head start on the demo of the old with out interfering with guests onboard.This is just a guess on my part. It all depends on what DCL has planned for the ship. The people in the know, are the people shoreside in Celebration. The Capt and cheng might know, but thats about it shipwise.

tojam 10-07-2012 02:52 PM

There have also been several reports of staff on board stating that October will hold exciting news for those wanting a WBTA in 2013....Curious!

We have done the WBTA twice (2009 & 2011). Unless the ports were really modified we will stay with our reservation for the EBPC cruise in Sept '13. I do love all the sea days though.

Bonniec 10-07-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

There have also been several reports of staff on board stating that October will hold exciting news for those wanting a WBTA in 2013....Curious!
What does that mean? What's a WBTA?

AnotherPrincess 10-07-2012 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonniec

What does that mean? What's a WBTA?

WBTA=West Bound Trans Atlantic


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.