The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Not Excited At All (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003536)

GOOFY4DONALD 10-06-2012 09:18 AM

Not Excited At All

I am hoping for some encouragement because I am just not excited about our upcoming trip. This trip has been harder to put together that the others. The last 2 times we went we still lived in our old house and a part time job was all it took to pay for the trip. Since we moved I have been working full time (not because of the move). Having a larger mortgage and a car payment meant I had to work even harder for our upcoming trip (we don't like to charge). Some days I feel like this trip has become more of a burden. Before I loved the planning and waking up early to make my ADRs but none of that is fun and it seems like all the fun planning of before has now turned into a chore. I was excited when I snagged an ADR for Candleight Processional w/Neil Patrick Harris. But I'm not even excited for that now. I am sure I will feel differently when I get there...at least I hope so.

debbiedana 10-06-2012 09:21 AM

Try stepping away for a week. You might be on Mickey Mouse overload. Happens to me too every trip. Usually just a few days and I can't wait to get back to planning.

Good luck and pixie dust!!!

NHKristy76 10-06-2012 09:23 AM

Say the word and I'll go in your place!

mattsdragon 10-06-2012 09:28 AM

Too many of the abbreviations overlap.

CP, I'm thinking was Crystal Palace, and I thought "how do you get to eat with Barney Stinson, that would be legen. . .wait for it. . .

DARY!!!!!"

Then I realized you meant Candlelight Processional, and sure, that's awesome too.

But I think that statistics reveal that 83% of all people think CP is Crystal Palace.

GOOFY4DONALD 10-06-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsdragon (Post 46365276)
Too many of the abbreviations overlap.

CP, I'm thinking was Crystal Palace, and I thought "how do you get to eat with Barney Stinson, that would be legen. . .wait for it. . .

DARY!!!!!"

Then I realized you meant Candlelight Processional, and sure, that's awesome too.

But I think that statistics reveal that 83% of all people think CP is Crystal Palace.

It has been changed

Art 1 10-06-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOOFY4DONALD (Post 46365195)
I am hoping for some encouragement because I am just not excited about our upcoming trip. This trip has been harder to put together that the others. The last 2 times we went we still lived in our old house and a part time job was all it took to pay for the trip. Since we moved I have been working full time (not because of the move). Having a larger mortgage and a car payment meant I had to work even harder for our upcoming trip (we don't like to charge). Some days I feel like this trip has become more of a burden. Before I loved the planning and waking up early to make my ADRs but none of that is fun and it seems like all the fun planning of before has now turned into a chore. I was excited when I snagged an ADR for Candleight Processional w/Neil Patrick Harris. But I'm not even excited for that now. I am sure I will feel differently when I get there...at least I hope so.

Good luck.

CajunMomof3 10-06-2012 10:09 AM

I agree with PP that some times there is just overload. I always get to the point in planning that the magic is overshadowed by the reality of what we are spending. Then we actually head out and have a great trip. And start the whole cycle over again.... Lol

Granny square 10-06-2012 10:19 AM

Don't sweat it. You are in a different place and sometimes we don't have the spare adrenalin for manic planning or excitement. My suggestion would be to just do the tasks as needed and know that in the end you will probably have a delightful trip. I loved the cp. we saw Gary sinese and it was wonderful.

ghtx 10-06-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiedana (Post 46365222)
Try stepping away for a week. You might be on Mickey Mouse overload. Happens to me too every trip. Usually just a few days and I can't wait to get back to planning.

Good luck and pixie dust!!!

Ditto this. No DIS, no reading guidebooks, no planning, nothing for one week. It'll work wonders.

katieandrob 10-06-2012 12:55 PM

Am I the only one thinking that maybe it's not the right time to go. I would think about putting the money in a vacation account and rescheduling to a different time. I sometimes feel if a trip doesn't come together easily it just isn't meant to be.

DRDISNEYMD 10-06-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOOFY4DONALD (Post 46365195)

~After this trip, maybe you should take a break for a couple of years, and you will also be able to budget more money. Just try to relax, it sounds like you've planned a fabulous vacation! It's just that your priorities have changed since you've accepted more responsibility. Have fun! :goodvibes

chiburple 10-06-2012 01:19 PM

Maybe it's time to try something a little different... A disney cruise instead of a disney world vacation perhaps or maybe just see if you can find different things to do at disney world than you've done in the past (fireworks cruise or a visit to Islands of adventure for example...). Perhaps an itinerary full of things you've never done before will give you something to be excited about.

GOOFY4DONALD 10-06-2012 03:40 PM

We are planning on doing other things next year. We had an unfortunate accident with our fur baby that wiped out our WDW fund. We leave in 52 days and we already have the flights and everything set.

GOOFY4DONALD 10-06-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiburple (Post 46366864)
Maybe it's time to try something a little different... A disney cruise instead of a disney world vacation perhaps or maybe just see if you can find different things to do at disney world than you've done in the past (fireworks cruise or a visit to Islands of adventure for example...). Perhaps an itinerary full of things you've never done before will give you something to be excited about.

We are doing many different things that we have never done before. HDDR, Festival of the Lion King, Candlelight Processional, MVMCP. I'm pretty sure this is just a funk.

Granny square 10-06-2012 03:44 PM

I'm so sorry about your pet issue. :/ they are sad, scary and expensive.