The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Podcast Cruises (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=174)
-   -   PCC 4.0 Pin Trading Meet (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003107)

tink576 10-05-2012 11:36 AM

PCC 4.0 Pin Trading Meet

I'm looking to set up a pin trading meet while we're on board for 4.0. There are never enough pin trading opportunities on board, and rarely a good time for collectors to meet up to find that last pin to complete your collection. Whether you are a "serious" collector or have only a few pins trading is always fun.

I'm thinking of putting together some lanyards, or parts of a book just for the younger traders, so that they can have equally as much fun. Also thinking of a pin scavenger hunt...still working on that idea.

I'm looking to see how many people would be interested in this type of activity and get some numbers for planning purposes, how much I should be planning trading specifically for the kids, etc... Come join the pin trading excitement and fun!

Current Participants:
Tink576
Jessrose
Dsnydreamer
Loudisneyfan + two 13 yr old boys
Silverfox97 + dd5
Scott5150 + dc 9 and 12
Phred52
Disney enabler
Paulasillars
DavidaTN
Scott5150 + Amy, Lucas (12) and Sarah (9)
bluebulldog0312 + dd5
Steven
Susan/crazy4stitch

UPDATE:
The pin trading meet will occur on day 4, the Costa Maya day, from 8:30 to 10:30 at the Tube

Silverfox97 10-05-2012 01:29 PM

We will certainly be bringing ours for Officer Pin Trading night - DD loves that event!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WebmasterJohn 10-05-2012 01:45 PM

If someone wants to arrange a pin trading meet I would be happy to try to arrange a venue or at least get it on the schedule.

Let me know.

NancyIL 10-05-2012 01:52 PM

I don't do pin trading, but my cruise roommate does and would love this.

jessrose18 10-05-2012 04:34 PM

I would love to join the pin trading meet :)

tink576 10-05-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WebmasterJohn (Post 46358571)
If someone wants to arrange a pin trading meet I would be happy to try to arrange a venue or at least get it on the schedule.

Let me know.

John that would be great! I'll volunteer to organize it. I'm so excited!

DSNYDREAMER 10-05-2012 06:23 PM

This is a great idea! I think having a kids element to it would be cool as well!

tink576 10-05-2012 06:36 PM

I'm thinking of creating some "kid" lanyards, or a kid's book for trading... I'll have to brainstorm ideas. Typically, before downtown trading was stopped at DTD I had a couple of pages within my books of pins that were available to trade with the younger kids to get them in on the action in which I wasn't worried about what pins I got back. I have such memories of pin trading as a little kid, and I'm thankful for the strangers who made those memories for me. I can't wait to get this organized!

tink576 10-05-2012 09:59 PM

So excited to start planning this...so I guess the big thing is to get an idea of the number of people who would be seriously interested in participating. I will definitely have pins and lanyards for the kids in action with similar rules as trading with cast members so that they can have no pressure trades as well!

loudisneyfan 10-05-2012 10:19 PM

I have twin boys who will be 13 that are into pin trading and would be interested in this!

Silverfox97 10-05-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tink576
I will definitely have pins and lanyards for the kids in action with similar rules as trading with cast members so that they can have no pressure trades as well!

Our DD 5 1/2 would be in!!! She loves pin trading!!! Put us on your list ;)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Scott5150 10-06-2012 05:02 PM

Everyone in our family loves pin trading. Our kids are 12 and 9. Put us on your list.

Scott

phred52 10-07-2012 02:45 PM

I love pin trading, I'm in as well!

Disney Enabler 10-08-2012 07:14 PM

We don't know much about pin trading. Do you take newbies?

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

tink576 10-08-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disney Enabler (Post 46387437)
We don't know much about pin trading. Do you take newbies?

Carol
It's a great day to be alive!!!

Sure we'll take newbies! Every pin trader had to be a newbie at one time or another. We can open the, non-cast member but same rules lanyards (I really need to come up with a better name for that), for newbies as well :goodvibes I'm thankful for the many strangers that took me in under their wing when I was starting and whom I've traded with over the years. I'm not a crazy pin trader who's selling online and trading online and all that crazyness. I've only ever traded at the parks/on the cruise and at the pin stations at Epcot then DTD. Bring your "traders", whatever pins you may be willing to trade, and we'll share all the secrets and tips to help get you on your way. For example: at guest services at all the resorts AND parks, if you go in and ask for the pin book they'll bring out a binder that most of the trading public is unaware of and you can often find gems in there.