The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How far out can you book a villa at the Boardwalk? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3003081)

lindsroc 10-05-2012 10:49 AM

How far out can you book a villa at the Boardwalk?
 
We are looking at going next Oct. Tentatively Oct 25-Nov2. Just wondering when we can book? We will need a 2br and a studio. Thanks!!!!

mickeymedic 10-05-2012 10:52 AM

If you are paying cash, I think you can book 6 months in advance.

mickeymedic 10-05-2012 10:53 AM

Your other option is to rent points from a DVC owner. They can book further ahead - either 12 or 18 months - I believe.

Pakey 10-05-2012 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeymedic (Post 46356783)
Your other option is to rent points from a DVC owner. They can book further ahead - either 12 or 18 months - I believe.

BWV owners can book at 11 months; all other DVC owners can book at 7 months. Since this will be during F&W, better find a BWV owner!

lindsroc 10-05-2012 11:01 AM

Oh no really? You think it will be sold out by the 6 month mark? I hadnt thought of the F&W festival.

Hopefully 10-05-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsroc (Post 46356867)
Oh no really? You think it will be sold out by the 6 month mark? I hadnt thought of the F&W festival.

Yes, it very well may be sold out at 6 months. It is often very hard for DVC owners to get what they want at 7 months. Have a plan B as other DVC resorts may well be available.
F & W is one of the most popular times for DVC in the Epcot Resorts area.

mickeymedic 10-05-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakey (Post 46356829)
BWV owners can book at 11 months; all other DVC owners can book at 7 months. Since this will be during F&W, better find a BWV owner!

Thanks for the info! I'm not an owner. I just know that they can book further in advance of cash.

vicki_c 10-05-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickeymedic
Your other option is to rent points from a DVC owner. They can book further ahead - either 12 or 18 months - I believe.

11 months.

lindsroc 10-05-2012 11:35 AM

Ugh, now im stressed.

CoachBagFanatic 10-05-2012 11:59 AM

We are a cash ressie for DVC and have always booked 10 months out. I was told this by 3 CM's as well. Once Disney released the new rates for the new year, I kept checking sometimes 3 times a day to see if the DVC that we wanted was available. On 8/4/11 I checked in the morning, there was nothing, checked again around 12:30 PM and the 1 bdrm villa was available. I booked it immediately. I have done this for the past 3 years now. Happy planning.:hippie:

lindsroc 10-05-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachBagFanatic (Post 46357491)
We are a cash ressie for DVC and have always booked 10 months out. I was told this by 3 CM's as well. Once Disney released the new rates for the new year, I kept checking sometimes 3 times a day to see if the DVC that we wanted was available. On 8/4/11 I checked in the morning, there was nothing, checked again around 12:30 PM and the 1 bdrm villa was available. I booked it immediately. I have done this for the past 3 years now. Happy planning.:hippie:

Wow! Well, thats good to know! I usually try to book 12 months in advance so thinking i have to wait till the 6 month mark to HOPEFULLY book a room is completely stressing me out. I hope i have the same luck as you.

CoachBagFanatic 10-05-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsroc (Post 46357527)
Wow! Well, thats good to know! I usually try to book 12 months in advance so thinking i have to wait till the 6 month mark to HOPEFULLY book a room is completely stressing me out. I hope i have the same luck as you.

Sending you lots of pixiedust:pixiedust: Like I said, just keep checking. Even if you have to check 10 times in one day.;)

DebbieB 10-05-2012 01:28 PM

Rooms that can be booked by members for points are separate from rooms available for cash from CRO. Initially most rooms are in the member inventory. As members trade out for outside options (like cruises), rooms are moved to CRO. I would start looking at 10 months if you want to book through CRO.

lindsroc 10-05-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DebbieB (Post 46358379)
Rooms that can be booked by members for points are separate from rooms available for cash from CRO. Initially most rooms are in the member inventory. As members trade out for outside options (like cruises), rooms are moved to CRO. I would start looking at 10 months if you want to book through CRO.

Great, thank you!!

Deb & Bill 10-05-2012 01:49 PM

You know that all two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs, right? That means a studio combined with a one bedroom. So the second bedroom will have one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa, plus a kitchenette. And the other studio you want to book might not be close and it will not connect.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.