The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How is the food at La Cantina De San Angel? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002900)

captaindavidhook 10-04-2012 09:00 PM

How is the food at La Cantina De San Angel?

Are the tacos any good here and how many tacos will you get with your order? Is it open for dinner as well? Just making sure, but I think it is.

parkhopping 10-04-2012 10:43 PM

Yes, it is definitely open for dinner. If I remember correctly you get 3 small tacos plus chips - it definitely fills me up, and I would estimate I have an average adult female appetite.

parkhopping 10-04-2012 10:44 PM

Oh, and I thought the tacos were great!

captaindavidhook 10-04-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parkhopping (Post 46354082)
Oh, and I thought the tacos were great!

Thank you!!! :thumbsup2

Pixiedust34 10-05-2012 05:14 AM

We ate there last month. You get 3 small tacos (beef or chicken), chips, and salsa. The chicken tenders is a kid's meal.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8175/8...6df2f3e755.jpg

TDC Nala 10-05-2012 07:49 AM

I love the chicken tacos.

Things to know though:

They are not in crunchy shells. They are soft corn tortillas. You get three of them. They are not huge, but they are enough.

The beef is not ground beef, of the type that you would find in most American taco fast food joints. It is grilled beef.

bluejasmine 10-05-2012 07:52 AM

Beef brisket tacos are good a little on the dry side tho.. The chips that come with it are aweful tho! Hard as heck and tasteless! Use to love the churros but they changed them and they arent as good either!

Eatten here twice but will find somehere else for lunch for awhile..

Nennie 10-05-2012 08:44 AM

One of my favorite CS meals! They've also improved the churritos (dessert)! The old kind were good, but the new ones are much better!!!!

crabbygal902 10-05-2012 10:46 AM

I have been there many times, because when I get a craving it is usually for Mexican food. The food is a solid "okay" IMO. I'd rather have Cantina's food that Taco Bell's, but I'd rather have my local Mexican restaurant's food than Cantina's. The dining area, which looks out over the water, is lovely. It is one of my favorite spots to sit and soak up the World Showcase atmosphere.

I do not like the child's meal choice of empanadas. Very dry, very hard each time we've ordered them (always hoping for better!)

I have always loved the churros, though. I will be disappointed if they have changed, as a PP pointed out.

alicia080979 11-04-2012 06:00 PM

Nachos

Has anyone been there lately and ordered the nachos? DH & I used to really like them bc I could get them without beans. Last time I was there we encountered a not so friendly CM who told me it was a ground beef/beans mixture and I couldn't get them without so we didn't order any. I know in the past I have always gotten them without so I was wondering if this was a new change. I do not like the change made to the churros at all. I loved the old ones so I'm probably partial. Wish they would stop messing with a good thing!

bluejasmine 11-04-2012 06:56 PM

We thought the chips were very hard last June I mean hurt our teeth hard

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hopefully 11-05-2012 06:44 AM

We ate there a few weeks ago and I thought it was terrific. I had the beef tacos and they were great. I added a bit of juice from the included limae, as well as some of the sauce from the condiment bar.
I am not a churros lover, but the mexican popsicles hit the spot on a hot afternoon.
I loved the soft taco and I enjoyed it more that the crunchy shells. They are also different than what many expect in the sense that they don't have all of the t oppings we often associate with tacos. The meat was center stage and very good.
I definitely enjoyed my lunch there and look forward to going again.

mlg32 11-05-2012 08:30 AM

We ate there last Dec and had the cheese empanadas and they were very greasy. I think that is a hit or miss thing though depending on the "fryer" that day, kwim? It was also REALLY busy it was the Sat the week before Christmas.

I also think I just ordered the wrong thing the tacos look much better.