The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Which is more romantic for Valentine's Day? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002739)

mouseketeermama 10-04-2012 04:31 PM

Which is more romantic for Valentine's Day?

We are looking to book a signature for a Valentine's dinner and we just can't chose! Where would you dine?

JimmyV 10-04-2012 05:00 PM

Only been to WDW once during V-Day. We ate at Victoria & Albert's. Couldn't be beat. Remember that "romance" in WDW means different things to different people. V&A is "classically romantic" in a "quiet room with a harp" sort of way. Nothing else in WDW even comes close to that type of atmosphere, irrepective of the food. But romance can also mean sharing a banana split at Beaches and Cream, having a "spoon war" to see who gets the cherry.

In order, I would choose:
Victoria & Albert's
bluezoo
Citricos
California Grill (but only with a late reservation, and ask to be seated in the separate room in the back)
Jiko
Flying Fish (again, with a late reservation). Not so much for the food, but the Boardwalk area is a romantic area for strolling.

Bistro de Paris would have made this list, but it is closed for a refurb, and the jury is still out as to whether it will retain its atmosphere and charm. Boy, I hope that they don't dumb it down.

SillyFamily 10-04-2012 06:28 PM

No expense spared. I would have to say V&A for dinner,and a fireworks cruise with choco covered strawberries from germany.:flower3:

DeanDoug 10-04-2012 08:20 PM

We love Jiko in AKL is amazing and we have enjoyed it many times. After dinner, you can stroll and see the animals or sit by the fire.
We have also had a wonderful dinner at the Contemporary's California Grill. Ask for a MK view!
Also, Artist's Point at FWL... go see the geyser after dinner.
All are unique and special and especially, romantic!:littleangel:

SkipperJ 10-05-2012 10:55 PM

I'd have to go with Narcoossee's, sometime near Wishes. But I'm a bit biased.

dvcterry 10-05-2012 11:28 PM

Bistro de Paris would have made this list, but it is closed for a refurb, and the jury is still out as to whether it will retain its atmosphere and charm. Boy, I hope that they don't dumb it down.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same. But, any way Victoria & Albert's or Narcoosee's.

hcortesis 10-06-2012 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyV (Post 46350807)
Only been to WDW once during V-Day. We ate at Victoria & Albert's. Couldn't be beat. Remember that "romance" in WDW means different things to different people. V&A is "classically romantic" in a "quiet room with a harp" sort of way. Nothing else in WDW even comes close to that type of atmosphere, irrepective of the food. But romance can also mean sharing a banana split at Beaches and Cream, having a "spoon war" to see who gets the cherry.

In order, I would choose:
Victoria & Albert's
bluezoo
Citricos
California Grill (but only with a late reservation, and ask to be seated in the separate room in the back)
Jiko
Flying Fish (again, with a late reservation). Not so much for the food, but the Boardwalk area is a romantic area for strolling.

Bistro de Paris would have made this list, but it is closed for a refurb, and the jury is still out as to whether it will retain its atmosphere and charm. Boy, I hope that they don't dumb it down.

You said it very well and I 100% completely agree with your choices, and in your order. Well done!!!

Wild4Walt 10-08-2012 08:06 PM

For us it was Yachtsman Steak House with the Chateubriand for two. But we like the nautical atmosphere.

DisneyDetective 10-09-2012 08:43 AM

I think the Wave would be nice then you could see wishes on the Contempory balcony.

Uncleromulus 10-09-2012 10:48 AM

V&A of course. But if that's out due to the high $$$ then:

Blue Zoo
Il Mulino
Shulas
Citricos