The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Monster University -- Monsters Inc Prequel -- looks bad? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002732)

bdoyledimou 10-04-2012 03:19 PM

Monster University -- Monsters Inc Prequel -- looks bad?
 
A look at the relationship between Mike and Sulley during their days at the University of Fear -- when they weren't necessarily the best of friends.
http://www.imdb.com/rg/em_share/titl...tle/tt1453405/


Ugh -- so much forward potential, but they go the prequel route (for the first time) seriously?

As much as i loved the first one -- this one looks cheeze -- :confused3

Jennasis 10-04-2012 03:27 PM

I disagree. Also, Pixar has done VERY little that I have not adored and has not been well received by the public at large, so I have faith in this one.

Peanut Giggleface 10-04-2012 03:33 PM

I've seen that trailer before. Love it. If the whole movie is as good as that trailer....it's gonna be awesome!! Can't wait.:thumbsup2

MomofKatie 10-04-2012 03:40 PM

I am looking forward to it!

bdoyledimou 10-04-2012 08:06 PM

it just seems so -- "dumb and Dumber-er"
Sully is a Bully -- the whole "university" setting just seems -- out of place -- :(

Hopefully i am wrong but -- that 1 minute wasn't impressive

JenM 10-04-2012 08:33 PM

I love that trailer! I thought it was hillarious.

Monsters Inc had one of my favorite final scenes of all of the Pixar movies, so I'm actually glad they're going the prequel route for the second film.

MomofKatie 10-04-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenM (Post 46353077)
I love that trailer! I thought it was hillarious.

Monsters Inc had one of my favorite final scenes of all of the Pixar movies, so I'm actually glad they're going the prequel route for the second film.

I feel the same- it was the perfect end to the film. I don't know how they could continue a story that so perfectly wrapped up at the end of the movie. Going the prequel route seems like the best thing to do.

awoogala 10-04-2012 09:13 PM

not to be argumentative, but I think it's a fantastic idea! I think going forward would have not worked. I think it is going to be awesome. Other than the whole cars series, I love everything that pixar has touched! (and I am not a 5 year old boy, so I am guessing that is why I never "got" cars at all)

iheartdisney 10-05-2012 04:36 PM

looks like they are continuing down the road they started with Cars 2 and Brave.
What makes Pixar great is the heart that their movies have. But now it looks like since Disney bought them outright, they want to do the same thing to Pixar that they did to Disney's traditional animation dept. Just hammer out the sequels with no regard to the quality. Too bad.

czycropper 10-05-2012 04:48 PM

Sorry but it looks like it will be hilarious!

julsmom 10-05-2012 06:33 PM

I can't wait! I think it looks like fun. I love Monsters.

diamondpixienc 10-06-2012 06:20 PM

The kiddos and I can't wait for this. We loved the trailer. ;)

JenM 10-06-2012 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iheartdisney (Post 46360669)
looks like they are continuing down the road they started with Cars 2 and Brave.
What makes Pixar great is the heart that their movies have. But now it looks like since Disney bought them outright, they want to do the same thing to Pixar that they did to Disney's traditional animation dept. Just hammer out the sequels with no regard to the quality. Too bad.

Pixar actually has more original movies coming out than sequels: The Good Dinosaur, a film about Dia de la Muertos, and another taking place inside a human mind.

They have a prequel coming out - Monsters University, which looks hilarious, and a Finding Nemo 2 is in the works, but it'll likely be 2016 before we see it. Lots of original Pixar stuff coming out in the meantime.

Cars 2 was a dud, but they've done two fantastic sequels to Toy Story, so even then their track record is still pretty good.

Micca 10-06-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peanut Giggleface (Post 46350516)
I've seen that trailer before. Love it. If the whole movie is as good as that trailer....it's gonna be awesome!! Can't wait.:thumbsup2



How many movies are "as good as the trailer"? That said, I think Monsters Inc is the best Pixar movie. Hoping the best for the new film:earsboy:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.