The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Galveston Hotel Recommendations For Night Before A Cruise (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002601)

BWV Dreamin 10-04-2012 11:58 AM

Galveston Hotel Recommendations For Night Before A Cruise

We are booked for the DCL May 2013 sailing out of Galveston. Can anyone suggest a reasonable hotel to stay at the night before the cruise?

vcjtx 10-04-2012 12:20 PM

I'll be staying at the Hotel Galvez the night before my January 26, 2013 cruise. Reasonable? Not sure - that's a pretty relative term. It's a very nice, victorian (I guess) hotel. They have shuttle service to and from the pier and covered parking for you car while you're gone. Check their website for the Stay-and - Cruise package (or whatever they call it). We stayed their last year before a Carnival cruise and it was quite nice.

Tangoqueen 10-04-2012 12:29 PM

We have also booked the Galvez and found the Disney rate equaled the other lowest rate I could find.

BWV Dreamin 10-04-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vcjtx
I'll be staying at the Hotel Galvez the night before my January 26, 2013 cruise. Reasonable? Not sure - that's a pretty relative term. It's a very nice, victorian (I guess) hotel. They have shuttle service to and from the pier and covered parking for you car while you're gone. Check their website for the Stay-and - Cruise package (or whatever they call it). We stayed their last year before a Carnival cruise and it was quite nice.

Do you find the parking secure at this hotel? I've read pros and cons about leaving a vehicle at hotel parking lots for a cruise.

BWV Dreamin 10-04-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangoqueen
We have also booked the Galvez and found the Disney rate equaled the other lowest rate I could find.

Is this a hotel you booked thru Disney or on your own?

vcjtx 10-04-2012 12:55 PM

The parking is in a locked lot, and I think it was covered, so I found it to be secure. We booked ourselves, but from reading these boards I discovered that the Galvez is a Disney partner hotel. (not really sure what that means, though - I guess you could book through disney, right?)

BWV Dreamin 10-04-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

The parking is in a locked lot, and I think it was covered, so I found it to be secure. We booked ourselves, but from reading these boards I discovered that the Galvez is a Disney partner hotel. (not really sure what that means, though - I guess you could book through disney, right?)

Thanks! I'll look them up:)

BWV Dreamin 10-04-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Could you possibly post a link? I'm getting sites that refer to many Galvez hotels. Is this a Wyndham ?

vcjtx 10-04-2012 01:09 PM

http://www.wyndham.com/hotels/texas/...hotel-overview

Yes, it is a Wyndham Hotel

Madhattr 10-04-2012 01:10 PM

We booked a room at The Harbor House. It gets good reviews and we got a great rate on hotels.com It really looks so close to the terminal you could walk. We are on the Christmas cruise sailing on 12/21. Can't wait!!pirate:

BWV Dreamin 10-04-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Thanks! I just booked it with an AARP rate. Very reasonable in that it includes parking for entire length of cruise and transfers to and from the port.

dato63 10-04-2012 01:27 PM

We also booked The Galvez. The reviews on tripadvisor were good, they offer a cruise package with parking & shuttle service. And they are within walking distance of the Pleasure Pier.

BWV Dreamin 10-04-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dato63
We also booked The Galvez. The reviews on tripadvisor were good, they offer a cruise package with parking & shuttle service. And they are within walking distance of the Pleasure Pier.

I just read that about Pleasure Pier. I'll be traveling with my 27 yo son so this would be a fun thing to do that night. I also read a good review about the cruise parking and shuttle. Thanks to those posters for referring this hotel!

tajz90 10-04-2012 02:00 PM

I believe the Galvez is within walking distance of the pier. If not, the pier has a shuttle around Galveston. It's fun. Bubba Gumps is on the pier :)

m&p'smom 10-04-2012 02:18 PM

you can find alot of the hotels on www.galveston.com. You can search on the site for available rooms and rates. Sometimes the rates are cheaper than the actual hotel site.