The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Restaurants (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Help! Which TS meals to choose!!! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002215)

Ambrode 10-03-2012 04:35 PM

Help! Which TS meals to choose!!!

We are currently over booked 1 meal... I'd like to just pay for it. But my in-laws aren't seeing it that way. We only need to cut 1, which would you cut?
1900 Park Fare - dinner
Crystal Palace - dinner
Coral Reef - dinner
Tusker House - lunch
Rainforest Cafe - dinner
T-rex - lunch
Hollywood and Vine - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - breakfast

Figment1983 10-03-2012 04:38 PM

Hollywood or one of the T-rex/Rainforest because they are very similar.

JimmyV 10-03-2012 04:42 PM

RFC. As stated, it is very similar to T-Rex, and T-Rex is just cooler, IMHO.

Pakey 10-03-2012 05:03 PM

Even though you are very heavy on buffets, I'd probably also cancel RFC.

BubMunkeyBles 10-03-2012 05:17 PM

Hollywood and Vine.

OrangeCountyCommuter 10-03-2012 05:25 PM

I have never been impressed with RainForest. Slowest service in Disney (Actually having tried them other places it's just a chain speciality!)

FiggieFan 10-03-2012 06:04 PM

I agree with the others. Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex are very similar. Having done them both, I personally like T-Rex better for both food and setting. I haven't been to Coral Reef. Every trip I make an ADR, but after reading the reviews I always cancel it. From the reviews, Coral Reef seems to be very hit and miss, but that is just my opinion. Have a great time! :wave2:

wdw4rfam 10-03-2012 06:11 PM

I'm going the total opposite... I'd cancel t-rex. We went there in march and the food was aweful!!! But we love rainforest. But everyone is different, and being that they are similar, if cancel one of these.

North of Mouse 10-03-2012 06:49 PM

As others stated T-Rex & Rainforest are about one and the same, just different decor. We didn't like either one, but it was mainly the noise and lights. Also, are not fans of Coral Reef, but really on your list, I would cut T-Rex.

Gorechick 10-03-2012 07:05 PM

To confuse you more- we had 3 great meals at TRex and RFC. Portions and service were great. We ended up at RFC twice after we cancelled a different ADR. And the H&V breakfast was a highlight of our trip. Again food and service as well as characters were great. I'd cut Coral Reef.

bluejasmine 10-03-2012 07:08 PM

We love Trex the chicken fried steak is delish!

The footprints flatbread is my favorite!!!

MJMcBride 10-03-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Figment1983 (Post 46340228)
Hollywood or one of the T-rex/Rainforest because they are very similar.

ditto

to be honest i would bail on both hollywood and one of the two

I would have a dinner at a WS place

memakwed 10-03-2012 08:32 PM

I too have heard from friends that Coral reef is hit or miss and so we have never gone. I'd cut that one. Also it would depend on if you're travelling with kids and their age? I think kids would like RFC and TREX more so than coral reef based on our DS8.

Ambrode 10-03-2012 09:02 PM

Oh yeah, guess I should have mentioned that. There's 8 in our party, including a 4yo, a 3yo and a 2yo. :)
Thanks for the suggestions im thinking of cutting RFC... two sit downs in one day may be a lot for the littles anyway.

Belle83 10-03-2012 09:04 PM

On that list I've only been to Crystal Palace and Rainforest Cafe. You can go to a Rainforest Cafe in many places, not just WDW...so that might be a good reason to not go. It's also, like others have said, supposed to be quite similar to T-Rex. I do like the food at Rainforest Cafe and think kids would love it.

I've read some not great reviews about Hollywood and Vine, so that would be my pick to cut if you don't have a Rainforest Cafe near you.