The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Cruise Line Forum (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Costa Maya Port Times (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002135)

canadiancruisers 10-03-2012 02:27 PM

Costa Maya Port Times

Hello everyone - we are the Jan. 5 2013 Fantasy Western. I note the port times are very short for Costa Maya and I thought I had read here and there some information about it being extended from time to time. Is that just my wishful thinking? We are thinking of Maya Chan but I'm concerned about feeling rushed (or nervous about missing the ship).

Thanks!

Ikaikalani 10-03-2012 04:49 PM

Hi, we're on your same cruise!!! :thumbsup2 I wondered the same thing as it doesn't seem like there's really enough time in Costa Maya to get away from the pink compound area and do some exploring. We would love it if they extended our time there. It's my understanding that they extend stays pixiedust: sometimes as a perk to the ships staff/crew (this happened last time on the Dream when we were in Bahamas). I'll keep my fingers crossed! See ya on the Fantasy in just 94 short days!!!!

Wildernessbride2005 10-03-2012 04:52 PM

The Magic is staying until 11:30 tonight. It is some sort of perk for the crew.

gigi1313 10-03-2012 06:28 PM

In May, the Fantasy crew was awarded w/extra port time and we were there 'til midnight... the excursions desk was able to help book add'l stuff for people who wanted to take advantage of the new hours (they were announced the night before i believe).

Travel G 10-03-2012 07:27 PM

I am going on the Magic the end of this month. absolutly love Maya Chan and they reduce the price for Disney cruisers because of shorter port times. Plus they keep up to date on each ships changes so if the ship is staying longer, they know and you are welcome to stay longer with them.

They stated that a LOT of times the port time is extended.:cool1:

GPFirefly 10-03-2012 07:34 PM

We loved Maya Chan resort even for the brief time we were there. The staff there was wonderful and everything was taken care of. Taxis are at Maya Chan 1.5 hours before the ship is due to depart to prevent any worries. We would go back in a heartbeat (even with the short time). They do give discounts when you contact them to get information about the resort due to the short times. For my family of 4 we paid $140 for everything including food, transfers, drinks, alcohol and entertainment.

NC DCL fans 10-03-2012 08:44 PM

We were so hoping to do the mayan ruins excursions to Dzibanche and Kohlunlich ruins from costa maya, but those take 7-8 hours and the DCL website says those excursions are only available on select sailings. Does anyone know if those have become available during one of these surprise extended days in costa maya?
Thanks!

canadiancruisers 10-04-2012 12:34 PM

Thanks everyone! We'll still go out to Maya Chan and just hope for an extended stay that day!

ChloroFiend 10-04-2012 06:05 PM

We had a great time heading over to the Tropicante and hanging out beach front. $2 cab ride per person to a joint downtown Mahaual run by a native Texan. Cheap beers, good food, and lots of hospitality.