The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney World Tips (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   How to shake my "Post Disney Funk"... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3002131)

ALFranklin 10-03-2012 01:24 PM

How to shake my "Post Disney Funk"...
 
My husband and I got back from Disney a week ago today and I am still so sad that we had to leave. :guilty: I know I need to get over it and move on, but it's really tough this time. This was my 17th trip to WDW, but I've never been quite this sad about leaving.

We were there for our one year anniversary/honeymoon. We walked sooo much and we were in some pain, but other than that it was the perfect trip. :cloud9: We have a blended family and have 3 kids, so it was nice to have time to ourselves. Plus, my husband's friends are quite needy at times and it was so nice to have him to myself. When we were on the Magical Express about to leave our resort, I just cried. :sad: While we were sitting there, I realized that we were headed back to the "real world" and it was almost more than I could bear. We've had a very tough summer and the trip was exactly what we needed, but it was just too short. I'd love to just jump into planning another trip, but it might be a while before we can afford it. I just need some advice on how to feel better. :confused: Thank you.

ToddyLu 10-03-2012 03:57 PM

:) I pre-plan for post-Disney depression :lmao: I am putting up my Christmas trees. I do three full size trees. This is my rationale. We are going for Halloween and get back home 11/2. I want/need to walk into Christmas when I get home. The music, decorations and planning will be in full swing and I can look forward to the holidays--inside of focusing on leaving my "Happy Place".

Then I have about 24 hours of Disney Music that I have on various playlists and that helps me get through between trip depression. I also watch videos of kids getting a surprise trip, rides or resort videos. I am a freak. :upsidedow

I would love to put together a music CD for you. PM me with an address and some rides or highlights that you loved during the trip. I do not need your name only an address to mail it. Just let me know....and welcome to the I-can't-wait-to-get-back-club.

Start making arragements for the trip in 2013.

AshleeH 10-03-2012 04:57 PM

Tried and true formula: Start planning your next trip!

ThroughLookingGlass 10-03-2012 05:56 PM

Read trip reports!
:]

DizDaD7 10-03-2012 07:53 PM

Immerse yourself in everything related to Disney...Shop at your local Disney Store, watch the DVD....Lurk around here on the boards. Pre plan your next 1 or 2 visits. Talk to friends who don't have the Disney bug, and get them to go....Thats always fun. But if that doesn't work heres a hug from all your Dis friends..:grouphug:

KristiKat 10-03-2012 08:35 PM

It always makes it a little easier for me if I start planning the next trip on the way home. :rotfl2: Since DH is driving I just start making notes of what we enjoyed or didn't and what we want to do again or want to do that we didn't get to do. I still have the Disney blues but it helps.

BreeBree 10-07-2012 01:38 AM

When I get back from Disney I'm always upset because it means I have to go back to real life and unpack and DH has to go back to work. BUT, going home is good in one way because I can extend the magic a little. Usually after we get back and unpacked, I'll do a themed movie night for my kids, cook themed food for them, and get sushi for me and DH (it's not the same as the California Grill though). I also start planning our next trip or go to the Disney Store for some retail therapy. It always sucks to leave such a happy place, but going home can be good too! :)

Dizisfun 10-07-2012 02:21 PM

RETAIL THERAPY always works for me..... I started collecting the Chamilia Disney Beads and whenever I start feeling the need to start planning another Disney Vacay I go buy me another Disney Bead for my Bracelet. :)

loganjared 10-07-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddyLu
:) I pre-plan for post-Disney depression :lmao: I am putting up my Christmas trees. I do three full size trees. This is my rationale. We are going for Halloween and get back home 11/2. I want/need to walk into Christmas when I get home. The music, decorations and planning will be in full swing and I can look forward to the holidays--inside of focusing on leaving my "Happy Place".

Then I have about 24 hours of Disney Music that I have on various playlists and that helps me get through between trip depression. I also watch videos of kids getting a surprise trip, rides or resort videos. I am a freak. :upsidedow

I would love to put together a music CD for you. PM me with an address and some rides or highlights that you loved during the trip. I do not need your name only an address to mail it. Just let me know....and welcome to the I-can't-wait-to-get-back-club.

Start making arragements for the trip in 2013.

That is very generous & thoughtful of you : )

Sent from my DROIDX using DISBoards

UndercoverMama 10-07-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleeH (Post 46341081)
Tried and true formula: Start planning your next trip!

Exactly!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristiKat (Post 46343004)
It always makes it a little easier for me if I start planning the next trip on the way home. :rotfl2: Since DH is driving I just start making notes of what we enjoyed or didn't and what we want to do again or want to do that we didn't get to do. I still have the Disney blues but it helps.

This is EXACTLY what I do!

ALFranklin 10-11-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddyLu (Post 46340440)
:) I pre-plan for post-Disney depression :lmao: I am putting up my Christmas trees. I do three full size trees. This is my rationale. We are going for Halloween and get back home 11/2. I want/need to walk into Christmas when I get home. The music, decorations and planning will be in full swing and I can look forward to the holidays--inside of focusing on leaving my "Happy Place".

Then I have about 24 hours of Disney Music that I have on various playlists and that helps me get through between trip depression. I also watch videos of kids getting a surprise trip, rides or resort videos. I am a freak. :upsidedow

I would love to put together a music CD for you. PM me with an address and some rides or highlights that you loved during the trip. I do not need your name only an address to mail it. Just let me know....and welcome to the I-can't-wait-to-get-back-club.

Start making arragements for the trip in 2013.

Thank you so much for your advice and for being so generous. I am slowly shaking the "funk" and I'm sure that once I receive your CDs, I will feel 100 times better. :thumbsup2 I haven't asked my husband about going back. When we about to leave he mentioned that we should go again for about 3 days. I'm planning to save and planning a trip. Shh. Don't tell him. It's a secret. :ssst:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshleeH (Post 46341081)
Tried and true formula: Start planning your next trip!

Well, My husband did mention going back, but just the 2 of us...again...without our kids. I'm not sure we'll be able to make that happen, but fingers crossed. :scared:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThroughLookingGlass (Post 46341577)
Read trip reports!
:]

THANK GOODNESS FOR TRIP REPORTS! I'd rather read those than almost anything else. ::yes::

Quote:

Originally Posted by DizDaD7 (Post 46342613)
Immerse yourself in everything related to Disney...Shop at your local Disney Store, watch the DVD....Lurk around here on the boards. Pre plan your next 1 or 2 visits. Talk to friends who don't have the Disney bug, and get them to go....Thats always fun. But if that doesn't work heres a hug from all your Dis friends..:grouphug:

I am definitely a lurker. LOL My sister is taking her family at the beginning of November, so it has helped quite a bit to talk to her and help her plan some of her trip. BTW...thank you so much for the hug. :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristiKat (Post 46343004)
It always makes it a little easier for me if I start planning the next trip on the way home. :rotfl2: Since DH is driving I just start making notes of what we enjoyed or didn't and what we want to do again or want to do that we didn't get to do. I still have the Disney blues but it helps.

I have been writing things out in a DETAILED journal and that is fun to relive it all. I am still debating writing a trip report of my own. :scratchin

Quote:

Originally Posted by BreeBree (Post 46371368)
When I get back from Disney I'm always upset because it means I have to go back to real life and unpack and DH has to go back to work. BUT, going home is good in one way because I can extend the magic a little. Usually after we get back and unpacked, I'll do a themed movie night for my kids, cook themed food for them, and get sushi for me and DH (it's not the same as the California Grill though). I also start planning our next trip or go to the Disney Store for some retail therapy. It always sucks to leave such a happy place, but going home can be good too! :)

When I picked up my son from his father on Sunday, we ordered pizza and watched Nightmare Before Christmas. I need to get to the Disney Store, though. I work about 3 miles away from one. :rolleyes2

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dizisfun (Post 46375176)
RETAIL THERAPY always works for me..... I started collecting the Chamilia Disney Beads and whenever I start feeling the need to start planning another Disney Vacay I go buy me another Disney Bead for my Bracelet. :)

My husband did take me shopping on Saturday and that helped. I got some cute new boots and some clothing to go with them and he got The Avengers. That really did cheer me up. :cool1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by loganjared (Post 46375519)
That is very generous & thoughtful of you : )

Sent from my DROIDX using DISBoards

Quote:

Originally Posted by UndercoverMama (Post 46378364)
Exactly!


This is EXACTLY what I do!

Isn't that one of the sweetest things you've ever heard!? I am so thankful for the Disboard community! :flower3:

FloridaDreaming 10-11-2012 10:15 AM

I have several apps on my iStuff. Mouseworld Radio, Studio Central, Reedy Creek Radio, and Live365 has several as well (my favorite is Park Hopper Radio). I'll stream them on my days off when I'm cleaning the house or just relaxing. I've also been known to stream in my car when I've had a bad day at work. Studio Central Radio plays the Fantasmic Pre Show and Show everyday starting at 5pm CT. I probably get the most housework done while singing along to the pre show. ;)

I also created a YouTube playlist of Disney attractions and the resort TV with Stacy (Undercover Tourist has a wonderful collection) and I'll stream them through the TV.

Yankee Candle makes a Strawberry Buttercream candle that smells like the Main Street Confectionery.

I drink out of my refillable mug and chomp on popcorn served in my souvenir bucket. My Mickey cookie cutter gets a decent amount of use; rice krispy treats, cookies, sandwiches, whatever I can cut. This all usually occurs during a Disney movie night.

Lurking on the Dis and planning our next trip.

Just to name a few.

ALFranklin 10-17-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming (Post 46413719)
I have several apps on my iStuff. Mouseworld Radio, Studio Central, Reedy Creek Radio, and Live365 has several as well (my favorite is Park Hopper Radio). I'll stream them on my days off when I'm cleaning the house or just relaxing. I've also been known to stream in my car when I've had a bad day at work. Studio Central Radio plays the Fantasmic Pre Show and Show everyday starting at 5pm CT. I probably get the most housework done while singing along to the pre show. ;)

I also created a YouTube playlist of Disney attractions and the resort TV with Stacy (Undercover Tourist has a wonderful collection) and I'll stream them through the TV.

Yankee Candle makes a Strawberry Buttercream candle that smells like the Main Street Confectionery.

I drink out of my refillable mug and chomp on popcorn served in my souvenir bucket. My Mickey cookie cutter gets a decent amount of use; rice krispy treats, cookies, sandwiches, whatever I can cut. This all usually occurs during a Disney movie night.

Lurking on the Dis and planning our next trip.

Just to name a few.

These are all such wonderful suggestions! :thumbsup2 I particularly love your "iStuff" suggestions! Back in August I finally entered the modern age and got an iPhone and I love it so much! I don't know what I'd do without it! Also, I definitely do lots of lurking here on the DIS. I'm starting to be a bit more sociable now that I'm getting to know some people. Like anything, it takes time I guess. :confused3 I'm beginning to cheer up more and more! :love: Thank you!

ALFranklin 10-17-2012 01:52 PM

Some exciting news...I think I can now begin my "PRE" pre-planning. :hyper: My husband and I were having lunch with all three of our kids on Sunday when he surprised us all by saying that at the end of our family vacation in the summer, we will add 2 days at Disney. :banana: He told the kids that they needed to start saving all of their coins and birthday money (each one has a birthday between now and then) to help pay for it. We always go on vacation to a Gulf Coast beach with his family, but we may go to Daytona this coming year. He suggested that we leave 2 days early to head to "The Happiest Place on Earth". :mickeyjum I'd love to have a bit more time, but he told them we would do that so that he and I could go back some time, just the two of us. :hug: Needless to say, we ALL got very excited! :dance3: The kids then began scouring the entire house and their purses and piggy banks for coins to put in the little tubs Alex gave them. When the tubs get full, we will take them to CoinStar or somewhere like that to cash it in. Does anyone know of another place that will cash out coins without taking a portion? :scratchin Anyway. I have a Paris tin that the cash will go into and hopefully we will have a good portion all saved up before too long!

With the wonderful CDs that ToddyLu sent me and some of the other fantastic ideas that you all have given me, my attitude has greatly improved. I thank you all so much! (and my family thanks you, too! LOL) :thanks::disrocks:

ToddyLu 10-17-2012 07:11 PM

:cool1: Just got through listening to your ALFranklin Playlist on my computer...I am glad you are enjoying them. I am 9 days away !!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.