The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone get the Disney blues when you get home? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001823)

wundermommy76 10-02-2012 09:00 PM

Anyone get the Disney blues when you get home?

We just came home on saturday from a week down there. And I have to admit, I'm a little depressed......want to go back already. :sad: Even the kids are missing it & want to go back. My husband and I are actually thinking about doing the unthinkable and taking a 3-4 day trip by ourselves next year for our 10 yr wedding anniversary. Where do we want to go? Back to Disney! It would feel horrible w/o the kids, but we love it there so much. And we want to go experience it without 30 potty breaks, meltdowns, and being asked for a million things in every store we go thru. I feel bad for going w/o them, but hubby really wants to make our anniversary special and this is the only trip we can agree on. But as for now.....I miss Disney. A lot!!!!

jennyjinx3 10-02-2012 09:05 PM

Are you my twin??:rotfl: we also just got back 2 weeks ago and are planning an adults only 3 night trip for May! We will be taking the whole family back in Dec 2013 for a land/sea DCL trip, but DH and I need to be back sooner than that!

So I get it, and yes I am in the midst of the Post Disney Depression too.:flower3:

leppardfox 10-02-2012 09:10 PM

My oldest daughter had just turned 5 when I took her last year and we both cried a little when we left. Now we're on the 143 day countdown to going back and now my oldest will be 7 and my youngest is getting her first trip at the age of 4. We tide ourselves over with pics from last trip and you tube videos.etc. LOL! I went without the kids in August for a quick 4 day grown up trip. I felt guilty about not taking my girls...but staved off the guilt by buying them lots of goodies to bring home to them. So go without the kids for your anniversary and enjoy! :thumbsup2

Shana Rayce 10-02-2012 09:15 PM

Yes... I too will soon be suffering from PDD (Post Disney Depression)!! We go in 26 days... but I'm already anticipating the dreaded good-bye as we pass thru the infamous Welcome to Disney World signs :(

All the pre-planning... making Disney dining ressies... deciding where to stay...waiting for the best airfares...purchasing tickets to the Parks...to me... it's all a fun challenge to do all of this... and then waiting and anticipating... until departure day gets here! Then...finally...it's here! Then the week at The World literally FLIES by!! :(

Sure... we're left with all kinds of good memories... and fun is had by all... but it's still hard to get on that plane and fly home... and then the dreaded first day back to work... UGH!!

And that's when it hit me.... we go to Florida/Disney every year... and I NEVER want to come home... So... maybe I won't!! And that's when I decided to move to Orlando... next year I am leaving the place I've grown up and lived my whole life... and moving to Orlando!! My goal is to get a job working in the corporate offices at Disney... will I achieve this goal? I will certainly give it all I've got and hope for the best! :thumbsup2

wundermommy76 10-02-2012 09:15 PM

We didn't have a honeymoon because we could not afford it at the time. Was saving up for a house. So he really wanted to do something special for our 10th anniversary. At first we thought about a cruise, but after this trip, this is the only place we want to go to celebrate. :)

eeyoreland 10-02-2012 09:18 PM

Oh my!!! One year I didn't even make it home. I was crying on the plane. I was sure at the time that we wouldn't be going back for quite some time, but life had other plans and we've been back every year for the past several years. We have been very blessed. We are going back in January, but I do believe this will be the last one for a while. DD is a college freshman and DH wants to start seeing other parts of the country. The nice thing about this upcoming trip is DD18 will be coming along, but also DD31 along with her DH and two DSs, as well as my mom and dad.

wundermommy76 10-02-2012 09:18 PM

Good luck!!!!!!! I said more than once down there that I could live there only if I lived very close to Disney and was able to visit often. Hope it all works out for you!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shana Rayce (Post 46332656)
Yes... I too will soon be suffering from PDD (Post Disney Depression)!! We go in 26 days... but I'm already anticipating the dreaded good-bye as we pass thru the infamous Welcome to Disney World signs :(

All the pre-planning... making Disney dining ressies... deciding where to stay...waiting for the best airfares...purchasing tickets to the Parks...to me... it's all a fun challenge to do all of this... and then waiting and anticipating... until departure day gets here! Then...finally...it's here! Then the week at The World literally FLIES by!! :(

Sure... we're left with all kinds of good memories... and fun is had by all... but it's still hard to get on that plane and fly home... and then the dreaded first day back to work... UGH!!

And that's when it hit me.... we go to Florida/Disney every year... and I NEVER want to come home... So... maybe I won't!! And that's when I decided to move to Orlando... next year I am leaving the place I've grown up and lived my whole life... and moving to Orlando!! My goal is to get a job working in the corporate offices at Disney... will I achieve this goal? I will certainly give it all I've got and hope for the best! :thumbsup2

Jane Eyre 10-03-2012 08:07 PM

Yes, I get the blues too. But I console myself with the promise to go back again. My husband and I have been to WDW four times w/o kids and had a great time. Now my DH is tired of Disney (bah, humbug!) so I have gone twice by myself! It was wonderful to go where I wanted, take my time and just soak in the music and architecture and fun! So have a great anniversary trip, and promise to go back again. The anticipation before each trip is a HUGE part of the enjoyment!!!!!

disneychic33 10-03-2012 08:15 PM

I am on my 163 day count down to my 5th DW trip. I admit that I am in love with Disney. I go through the post depression every time. it is short lived when I realize that in less then a year I will probably go back. Then I am all smiles and planning again, my DH laughs at my obsession (never says no to the trip though).

Jennasis 10-03-2012 10:32 PM

YES. I am so incredibly depressed since we got home a week and a half ago. Things aren't looking good for another trip anytime soon.

Disneywhiz323 10-03-2012 10:34 PM

I am always so sad! But you leave with memories...

DizzDoll 10-03-2012 11:17 PM

Oh my goodness I've been in the dumps since August 20th when we came home. I was thinking that it would be our last trip since my daughter is planning grad school. Happily I'm now planning for next August because my daughter is putting off grad school for a year! Mixed emotions, there, but hell we're going to Disney!:cool1: