The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Community Board (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Need this accounting book for my brother... (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001512)

Gavro 10-02-2012 10:55 AM

Need this accounting book for my brother...

My brother need Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities 17th Edition book, and he can't find it nowhere...is there place on the internet where it could be purashed? Or something...sorry for my bad english...

Tinker'n'Fun 10-02-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavro (Post 46326491)
My brother need Accounting for Governmental and Nonprofit Entities 17th Edition book, and he can't find it nowhere...is there place on the internet where it could be purashed? Or something...sorry for my bad english...

Coursesmart.com has the latest edition form 2012-2013 as the 16th. edition and for sale. It is a newer book so getting it used will most likely be impossible.

Try Amazon.com or Half.com. You can google by ISBN # and that will be more useful finding the book.

The publisher is McGraw-Hill Higher Education and the authors are Reck, Jacqueline; Lowensohn, Suzanne; Wilson, Earl.

Again since it looks like you and or others are looking on a lot of sites, this book is new so you will pay full or close to full price.

jlewisinsyr 10-02-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gavro (Post 46326491)

Guessing this is a brand new edition so its unlikely you are going to find it used or for rent just yet. This will probably be an expensive book that you're just going to have to order direct through the college.

love2disney 10-02-2012 02:40 PM

You can rent it from Campus Book Rentals. I have used them and they are good

jlewisinsyr 10-02-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2disney (Post 46328890)
You can rent it from Campus Book Rentals. I have used them and they are good

That would be the 16th edition not the 17th as the OP was looking for. If the 17th exists, its brand new and not available yet on third party/rental sites.

TinkerBelled 10-02-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlewisinsyr (Post 46331476)
That would be the 16th edition not the 17th as the OP was looking for. If the 17th exists, its brand new and not available yet on third party/rental sites.

It looks like the website for the authors doesn't even list the 17th edition yet, nor does Amazon. The 16th edition was published only 9 months ago--I would be very surprised if there was a 17th edition yet, as there's usually a 2-3 year gap between publications.

Do you think your brother could check with the professor/instructor to see if the 16th edition would do? There are lots of copies of that available to rent or to buy. (Amazon has slightly used copies for $140, while book rental websites put the rental at less than half of that.)