The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   DVC Resorts (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=187)
-   -   Studio at VGC (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3001050)

lvdis 10-01-2012 11:48 AM

Studio at VGC
 
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find information on how big the studios are at the Villas at Grand Californian? I'm considering trying to rent points for our stay at DLR in June 2013. There are 4 of us and I'm trying to decide if the studio will be a good enough size. The 1 bedrooms just take so many more points! Are all the studios, one bed and 1 sofa sleeper or are there other bedding arrangements? We have two older kids that would rather not have to share a bed; any options for that?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

aroundtheriverbend 10-01-2012 12:28 PM

I think this has everything under the sun for VGC, and I've just started reading it! Hope it helps.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2396588

tjkraz 10-01-2012 12:30 PM

They are basically the same size as a typical hotel room--around 350 sq ft (without bothering to look.)

All VGC Studios have one queen-size bed and a full-size sleeper sofa. No other configurations are available.

Deb & Bill 10-01-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjkraz (Post 46317974)
....All DVC Studios have one queen-size bed and a full-size sleeper sofa. No other configurations are available.

Except for OKW which has two queen beds. But you probably only meant VGC, right, Tim?

tjkraz 10-01-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deb & Bill (Post 46318128)
Except for OKW which has two queen beds. But you probably only meant VGC, right, Tim?

Yup. :goodvibes

sechelt 10-01-2012 01:23 PM

We went through this too, when our boys were in their teens. Somebody would always being crashing on the floor. Yuch! But they were happy.

Even if you were to go to a 1 bdrm, there's still only one bed and a sleeper sofa. The extra sleeping option is a fold out bunk in the living room but I understand it's a bit small. I think it would depend on how tall your kids are, whether they'd be comfortable in it.

lvdis 10-01-2012 01:29 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Do you know if there is an option for a roll-away bed?

There have been times when my daughter has made a bed out of the cushions from the couch! Not always the best solution though! I wish they all had the chair that makes out into a bed also. That worked out great when we stayed in a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

tjkraz 10-01-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvdis (Post 46318577)
Thanks for the replies!

Do you know if there is an option for a roll-away bed?

No.

Quote:

There have been times when my daughter has made a bed out of the cushions from the couch! Not always the best solution though!
Studio villas only have full-size sofabeds, meaning the sofa is more love seat-sized. IMO, the cushions are not big enough to make a bed for anyone older than age 5.

Quote:

I wish they all had the chair that makes out into a bed also. That worked out great when we stayed in a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge.
The additional twin bed is available in many One Bedroom villas including those at the Grand Californian. No Studios have this option.

If sleeping accommodations for older kids is a concern, I would suggest looking into one of the hotel rooms with bunk beds.

DebbieB 10-01-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvdis (Post 46317559)
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find information on how big the studios are at the Villas at Grand Californian? I'm considering trying to rent points for our stay at DLR in June 2013. There are 4 of us and I'm trying to decide if the studio will be a good enough size. The 1 bedrooms just take so many more points! Are all the studios, one bed and 1 sofa sleeper or are there other bedding arrangements? We have two older kids that would rather not have to share a bed; any options for that?

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

I just got back from 6 nights at VGC studio and 1 night at Paradise Pier. There was just me and a friend, so the studio was fine. With 4 it might be tight. I would recommend PP, our room had 2 queens and a daybed. Plus an awesome view of DCA. We moved there because we added Friday night because it was the first Halloween party. I waitlisted a studio but it did not come through.

Night time view from Paradise Pier Hotel, theme park view:

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a2...D550/ry%3D400/

We are thinking about staying there next year for D23.

hjgaus 10-01-2012 07:02 PM

QUEEN SIZE AIR MATRESS!!! Never leave home without it !! It will creatively fit in the studio as well as the one bedroom! Have 2 teenage boys ( one of them 6 ft.) & we do not pull out the mattress in sofa - 1 gets to lay ON the sofa while the other gets the air mattress! If our stay is longer than a few days they switch! We always TRY for the 2 bedroom but when not enough points or availability some sacrifices are made.

Deb & Bill 10-01-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvdis (Post 46318577)
Thanks for the replies!

Do you know if there is an option for a roll-away bed?

There have been times when my daughter has made a bed out of the cushions from the couch! Not always the best solution though! I wish they all had the chair that makes out into a bed also. That worked out great when we stayed in a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

None of the DVC villas will offer roll away beds or cots. You get what you get. Some of the sleeper sofas have cushions that don't really come off the bed when you open it up for the night. They help support the foot of the bed.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.