The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com

The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com (http://www.disboards.com/index.php)
-   Disney Rumors and News (http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   hoop de do closing (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3000845)

wruffy 09-30-2012 10:02 PM

hoop de do closing
 
I have heard the Hoop De Do Review at Fort Wilderness will be closing at the end of the year along with Trails End to make room for more DVC only areas, This means the beach and boat access will only be for DVC members only. So unfair to FW campers who love the campground.

DizCaptain 09-30-2012 10:21 PM

I really doubt this is true... who did you hear this from/how does that make sense in any way, shape, or form?

wruffy 09-30-2012 10:25 PM

I know some cast members that are there and they were telling me this. They were very upset.

fuzzlekins 09-30-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wruffy (Post 46313517)
I have heard the Hoop De Do Review at Fort Wilderness will be closing at the end of the year along with Trails End to make room for more DVC only areas, This means the beach and boat access will only be for DVC members only. So unfair to FW campers who love the campground.

But they're still taking reservations b/c I've got one in Feb. So I sure hope not!

jvptravels 10-01-2012 01:16 AM

I haven't heard that, and I seriously doubt it. What I did hear from a tour guide was that they could do something DVC or pirate related with River Country and the old Discovery Island.

OKW Lover 10-01-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wruffy (Post 46313517)
I have heard the Hoop De Do Review at Fort Wilderness will be closing at the end of the year along with Trails End to make room for more DVC only areas, This means the beach and boat access will only be for DVC members only. So unfair to FW campers who love the campground.

Not believing this rumor at all. They wouldn't restrict the beach and boat access to DVC members only. They've never done this at any of the DVC properties.

While they may be considering a DVC property there, Disney hasn't announced anything about it officially. Since the DVC at GF isn't even open yet, they won't be announcing anything new for a while. Even when they do, it doesn't mean the next one would be at FW. They could easily build elsewhere.

crazy4wdw 10-01-2012 07:25 AM

There have been rumors for about a year that Disney is considering builidng another DVC between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. When Eisner was CEO, there was another resort planned near Wilderness Lodge named Buffalo Junction which was similiar in design to Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris. Supposedly Disney has dusted off plans for Buffalo Junction and it may be built as a DVC. I can't imagine that Hoop-De-Doo would be closed.

Construction will not start until at least the Grand Flo DVC is completed. Thee are also rumors that the Poly is slated for DVC units in the future.

kddisney502 10-01-2012 08:14 AM

I can't imagine they would close down HDDMR. It's too popular and I don't think Disney would want to decrease the number of dinner shows available. If they do proceed with DVC at Ft Wilderness, they would move HDDMR to another location, not close it down completely.

Reddog1134 10-01-2012 08:32 AM

I'm a DVC member so I try to keep up to date on DVC happenings. I did read that a DVC resort would be built in Ft. Wilderness but then I later read the plans were scrapped. I never saw any mention of closing HDDR, though.

Of course, if the GF DVC sells out fast, I'm sure they will revisit those plans.

Disneyfreak44 10-01-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kddisney502
I can't imagine they would close down HDDMR. It's too popular and I don't think Disney would want to decrease the number of dinner shows available. If they do proceed with DVC at Ft Wilderness, they would move HDDMR to another location, not close it down completely.

Agreed there has neverr

Disneyfreak44 10-01-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kddisney502
I can't imagine they would close down HDDMR. It's too popular and I don't think Disney would want to decrease the number of dinner shows available. If they do proceed with DVC at Ft Wilderness, they would move HDDMR to another location, not close it down completely.

Agreed hddmr is always packed they won't get rid of it.

Fantasmiss 10-01-2012 01:22 PM

It's very popular and expenive and doesn't take up a lot of space ither, so somejow I doubt it. They might move it....? Unlikely though.

TheRustyScupper 10-01-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wruffy (Post 46313702)
I know some cast members that are there and they were telling me this . . .

Were they bus drivers?

DizCaptain 10-01-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper (Post 46319362)
Were they bus drivers?

:drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

Don't under-estimate the level of their control and power, for they are many...

Michael623 10-02-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy4wdw (Post 46315200)
There have been rumors for about a year that Disney is considering builidng another DVC between the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness. When Eisner was CEO, there was another resort planned near Wilderness Lodge named Buffalo Junction which was similiar in design to Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris. Supposedly Disney has dusted off plans for Buffalo Junction and it may be built as a DVC. I can't imagine that Hoop-De-Doo would be closed.

Construction will not start until at least the Grand Flo DVC is completed. Thee are also rumors that the Poly is slated for DVC units in the future.

Have you ever been to the Hotel Cheyenne? It is pretty weak. Definitely a notch below the All Stars. I can't imagine any DVC members being satisfied with that.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.